2015 and It's Now or Never!

Wow - brilliant stuff Emmaline :)

Thanks Caroline.

Hi Emm

Just catching up with diaries after my latest trip away. It's great that it is so much lighter in the mornings and at night - I get a chance to do a bit of site seeing before and after work while in the winter I often go to places and never get to see any more than our clients offices and / or training rooms.

Well done on the 2lb off - hope it's made you feel better.

Nelli

I think we all feel a lot better for the lighter evenings.
2lb off is making me feel great at the mo!

Thursday 25th April 2013

Delighted with my WI and was up and going quite early full of the joys of spring!!
Checked my car parking permit yesterday and was in a bit of a panic as I noticed it said 24/4 and thought it was the expiry date. As I was expecting a Tesco delivery asked my neighbour to take it in for me and went out to go to city hall to renew it. When I got to the car I gave another look and it was the beginning date ..24/4/2012 .. and doesn't expire until October!! Phew!! .. :rolleyes:

Very busy day doing lots of jobs that I wonder where they all come from..

Kept to my diet altho' the carbs are not very low.

Breakfast - Oats + Honey (made with water)
Lunch - Bread 1sl + Cheese 30g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 50g
Dinner - Breaded Fish 135g + Cabbage 75g + Carrot 55g + Th.Isle Dr 20ml
Supper - Peaches in Juice 75g + Creme Fraiche 50g
Extra - Milk 90ml

Cals 1265 Carbs 97 Fat 73 Protein 49 Sugars 48 Fibre 15

Updating info as no supper:
Cals 1145 Carbs 87 Fat 65 Protein 47 Sugars 38 Fibre 14

Last edited:
Doing a little happy dance for you - rockin' Emmaline :)

Ta Everso!!

Friday 26th April 2013

Being delighted at my further loss today has been great.. could have skipped thro' the hours merrily!.. :bliss:

Beautiful sunny day again. Did rain for about half an hour but nothing much.
Trees on roadway are now coming into bloom again (picture in my album) and park is looking wonderful.

Made a banana cake this morning due to the fact that I bought a bag of very reduced priced bananas which were rather more blackened than I expected. So not wanting to waste them a banana cake it was.. :D .. I changed the recipe by using less than half the sugar suggested and it is plenty sweet enough.
Other than that not done much else.

Menus today:
Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1tblspn (made with water)
Lunch - Bacon grilled 75g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Banana Cake slice (143cals 24carbs)
Dinner - Salmon (tinned) 75g + Salad + S.Cr 20g
Supper - Brazil Nuts 35g
Extra - 150ml

Cals 1143 Carbs 84 Fat 63 Protein 58 Sugars 44 Fibre 8

Well done on your losses!! ooh the banana cake sounds delish!! Im making OH a carrot cake next week for his Birthday - if only it has the same amount of calories as a carrot!! LOL :D

Saturday 27th April 2013

Started off my day really welland enjoyed listening to the C&W music on the radio.. Lots of George Jones songs as he passed away this morning. Saw him and Tammy Wynett at The Royal Albert Hall many years ago just before she died.

Had a young man come round to "fix" my computer. It was constantly throwing up an "Error" message when I tried to get my e-mails and then wouldn't respond at all when trying to get on the web. He said he couldn't find anything wrong and changed my browser and now it's ten times worse!! E-mailed and asked him to come back and do something about it but so far no reply. Think I will go back to my old service guy but I did get fedup with him keeping on about how my computer needed renewing...but I suppose he does have a point there!
Also my page percentage enlarger has disappeared and I have no idea how to get it back... you know the bit at the bottom RH corner which says 75%/ 100% etc. At the mo' this page is waaay too large so just hope this print is okay to read.
So needless to say am now feeling somewhat peed off as I cannot get into the other forums that I use without spending a great deal of time clicking and clicking and clicking..with no response.
:sigh:

Diet was going very well until this evening when I did my kipper in the microwave as per instructions on the box. I should have known that a boil in the bag type of kipper shouldn't take 11mins in the microwave..:confused: Came out almost dried to a crisp! So banana cake to the rescue and to uplift my spirits a wee bit.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 10g (made with water)
Lunch - Bacon 95g + Eggs poached 2
Snack - Salad (small) + Salmon 3oz + S.Cream 25g
Dinner - Kipper (crispy)
+ Vegetable Soup homemade
Supper - Banana Cake
1 slice
Extra - Milk 1
50ml

Cals 1061 Carbs 83 Fat 54 Protein 62 Sugars 38 Fibre 8

Last edited:
Hi Emm - you are definately on a roll with the diet

Hope the guy came back and sorted out your computer.

Nelli

Morning Emm - hope all is well with you and that you have a nice sunny day in Norfold. Unfortunately, we have rain here.

Have a good one

Nelli

Very good day then despite the kipper incident!

I love your new bigger font size!

Hope it's still okay as things changed again this end!!

I haven't had kippers for years. Now you've got my mouth watering!

Noticed that the 11mins was for preparation time and cooking 3 mins... :sign0007:

Morning Emm - hope all is well with you and that you have a nice sunny day in Norfolk. Unfortunately, we have rain here.

Have a good one

Nelli

Been lovely and sunny again here today altho' the wind was a tad cold.

Sunday 28th April 2013

Still really peed off today. Young man called to see to my computer. Asked me to log on etc. so he could see what I meant!!!! I was not pleased with that as I felt he was questioning my abilities and/or integrity. Left him to it and went out of the room before I completely lost my temper...after all I had explained in great detail what was happening. He fiddled about for almost 3/4 of an hour so I tried to hurry him up by saying that I was hoping to go out. Unfortunately he mistook my intentions and started to get into a conversation which I cut short and told him to hurry up!!!
Things have improved and am hoping they will stay that way.. for a while anyway.

So still feeling rather at odds went out for lunch at Morrisons. No chicken so I had liver and onions instead which is quite tasty. Then Hobby Craft shop to get some cotton for redoing my bedspread and a new cable needle as I have mislaid the one I had... :sigh: .. Boots next to get some more nail care products that I saw online but they didn't have them.. :sigh: On to Tesco and after filling up with petrol asked one of the attendants if he would do my tyre pressures for me as I cannot bend down to do it. Apparently they are not really allowed to do this now.. :sigh: .. but he very kindly did. Hunted high and low to find the correct pressure info but the handbook kept saying "go to page ?" and then there was no info anyway..:sigh: However we agreed that 32/26 would be okay and he did them for me.
At this point I should have felt a wee bit more happier but then on going into Tesco for a couple of things when I came out the security guy had barricaded the door I wanted and I had to walk a long way round to get to my car!! .. :sigh:

So now.. this is the second time of posting this and I am mightily peed off!!

Last edited:
Oh no!!! Runs and dives for cover :)

:8855:

I hope your day gets better. I would say it couldn't get worse, but don't want to tempt fate :)

Thanks Caroline.. at least that did make me laugh!

Feeling a wee bit brighter and am now making serious investigations into getting a new computer. Trouble is (in my usual pessimistic mode!) I am worried about getting ripped off but that's the chance one has to take..doesn't one!? .. :D

I think you should use your old computer to do some research into a new computer (before it dies). Decide what you want and see what is the best deal.

Monday 29th April 2013

Very bad night as shoulder painful...Today I went for injection in it thankgoodness.
Went to B&Q afterwards to collect some door handles that I had ordered on-line to be reserved for me. Needless to say there was no door handles and in fact nobody knew anything about them!! Useless place!!
Then called in and ordered a new carpet for my sitting room so man will call on Wednesday to measure up.
Then home and couldn't wait to get a nice cuppa..nothing like it.

Got in touch with my original comp service guy who will be calling tomorrow to discuss my buying a new one.

Diet was not very healthy again today even tho' my counts are reasonably good.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1 Tablspn
Lunch - Cheese 35g + Bread 1slice
Snack - Brazil Nuts 55g + Banana Cake 1slice
Dinner - Veg Soup home made + Bread 1slice
Extra - Milk 150ml

Cals 1228 Carbs 112 Fat 66 Protein 43 Sugars 41 Fibre 16

Diet looks fine to me Emmaline. I wouldn't be able to have 2 slices of bread in the day or I'd trigger a carb craving - so no banana cake for the same reason. I wish I could have more cheese on my plan - I LOVE cheese :).

Back