2015 and It's Now or Never!

Mum was given a handy gadget by social services to get into the dosettes.
Hard to explain but it was about 2" circular and 1" deep - bit like a big egg-cup - with a spike thing in the middle.
You hold it undder the doesette, run the spiker round the backing and out pop the pills into the cup.
Took mum a few attempts to get used to it but once she did it saved her dropping tablets onto the floor (which she did a lot) and having to grovel for them. Or leave them and not take them if she was having a bad day.

That's interesting Bev.. did a Google on pill dispensers and I see there's lots of different types so I think I shall be getting one of those .. and they are only a few pence as well.

Sunday 13th April 2014

Not too bad a day. Was able to tidy up both the bedroom and the kitchen with just one sit down in the middle. I'm often surprised at what I come across on these occasions as so often I buy things with the best of intentions and they end up behind a lot of "stored" stuff (hoarded stuff really!.. :D )
Had a bottle of cleaning fluid which wouldn't come out when sprayed so I sawed off the top ... the saw being the item that I "found". Then rearranged my wardrobe and was gobsmacked at the amount of coats I have.. :eek: .. most of which I bought because I love the fabric... leopard faux fur! Just how much money I spent on all of them is simply appalling... but they are gorgeous.

Grocery delivery is due on Tuesday and my fridge is looking extremely bare at the mo'. Amazing how at these times there's always something to be concocted.

Had some good news re my visit to Edinburgh for the Tattoo in August. I went on a Scotland forum and asked if someone could help me by bringing a mobility scooter or wheelchair for going up the hill before the event and wait in the queue as well until the time to actually go into the stadium and I have had a very promising reply by someone who apparently helps lots of people in this fashion.. Yay!!

Sent an email to my D re visit in May and just had a reply to say that suits her fine.. looking forward to having a few days over there and in a nice (fairly posh .. ahem!) hotel.
I shall ring the airport tomorrow rather than booking online as I am thinking about buying a rollator to take with me.
lightweight_aluminium_rollator_with_bag_blue_1.jpg
That will help me to walk around the Manchester airport whilst waiting for my connection. Feeling quite excited about it now.

Today I had:
Breakfast - Oats 40g + Honey 1/2 Tblspn
Lunch - Ham & Tomato Sandwich + Salad Cream 10g
Snack - Digestive Biscuits 2
Dinner - Bacon 60g + Egg poached 1
Supper - Peach slices 140g + Custard 1/4pt
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1450 Carbs 131 Fat 56 Protein 71 Sugars 43 Fibre 9
with 119 extra calories for "exercise" done

Last edited:
Hello Em . It sounds like a really good day and both of your visits are coming together. Brilliant!!!!!:)

Emm - 2 things! You should have asked about a rolator, I've just sold an almost new one for £50.
2nd - the airline are obliged to carry your rolator for free (been there, seen it, done it with mum)
The only snag is it has to go in the hold so you may not be allowed to use it in the airport.
I had to put mums through the oversize check-in and then had the wheelchair to scuttle her round the airport.
If walking round the airport is a problem then just book wheelchair assisitance.
Drop me a PM if you want to know all about this - depending on which terminal you are going through at Manchester I can offer loads of hints and tips.

Morning all,

I'm new to this thread! So what diet are you all on?

Hi Jamesey

Morning Emm

Glad the planning for the trips is all going well - did you say you are going to Ireland in May? When you are in Edinburgh, do you go through all the street shows and market stalls ? We usually try to get to a couple of fringe events, but it usually depends on work. What dates are you there?

Hello Emm . It sounds like a really good day and both of your visits are coming together. Brilliant!!!!!:)

Thanks Mo ... yes I'm really pleased that things are turning around now for me.

Emm - 2 things! You should have asked about a rolator, I've just sold an almost new one for £50.
2nd - the airline are obliged to carry your rolator for free (been there, seen it, done it with mum)
The only snag is it has to go in the hold so you may not be allowed to use it in the airport.
I had to put mums through the oversize check-in and then had the wheelchair to scuttle her round the airport.
If walking round the airport is a problem then just book wheelchair assisitance.
Drop me a PM if you want to know all about this - depending on which terminal you are going through at Manchester I can offer loads of hints and tips.

Good to know about travelling with the rollator.. altho' I won't have it for the stop at Manchester. I do book assistance and have found them very helpful as I said before.
Thanks Bev.

Morning Emm,

Just catching up.

Seems like things are coming together nicely for you.:)

Morning Mary.. thanks for the visit.

Morning all,

I'm new to this thread! So what diet are you all on?

Morning James

Morning Emm

Glad the planning for the trips is all going well - did you say you are going to Ireland in May? When you are in Edinburgh, do you go through all the street shows and market stalls ? We usually try to get to a couple of fringe events, but it usually depends on work. What dates are you there?

Morning Carol, Visit to Ireland 9th to 13th May Yippee!
Unfortunately being as I'm not able to walk very far I don't do anything apart from stay in the hotel and go to the Tattoo.

Monday 14th April 2014

WI now down another 1.6lbs Yay!

Last edited:
Morning Em,

I'm glad you're getting all this sorted. you certainly have some exciting things planned.

Morning Emm - you go on holiday the day after me :) so we can get excited together. We are going to Wales at some point in August - will probably finalise the dates when my friend is here at the weekend, but if we are here when you are in Edinburgh maybe we could meet up ?

Morning Em,

I hope you will (or have) wake up to the beautiful sunshine as I have. I think I shall make a garden centre visit today -- I might do my front hanging baskets.

Morning Emm - you go on holiday the day after me :) so we can get excited together. We are going to Wales at some point in August - will probably finalise the dates when my friend is here at the weekend, but if we are here when you are in Edinburgh maybe we could meet up ?

Morning Carol..Hols are always exciting no matter where.. just nice to have a change of scenery isn't it?
I am in Edinburgh on the 16th but only for that day. I arrive the day before and leave again on the 17th.. Two nights at the Missoni is a big treat for me at their prices!! . :eek: .. It would be very nice to see you too.

Morning Emm,

I hope you will (or have) wake up to the beautiful sunshine as I have. I think I shall make a garden centre visit today -- I might do my front hanging baskets.

Beautiful morning indeed Mel!
Hanging baskets.. .. used to have a couple of them outside the back door here... I think they add that great flair to a place.

Yesterday I took back the toy to Argos as it was far too heavy to either post or take as luggage. Transferred that amount to getting my rollator which then wouldn't go in the boot of my car ... packaging being as it is much larger than necessary. So after doing a bit of shopping in Tesco I parked up in a deserted spot in their car park and undid it and left the box in the recycling area. The rollator was in an almost complete assemble so I was able to push it up to the hallway when I got home. My lovely neighbour who lives in the flat opposite me happened to be in the garden and she very kindly brought it upstairs for me. I shall get my home help to take it downstairs again tomorrow when I've finished assembling it and put it in the shed as it's still too big for my car boot... Very pleased with it and I found it a great help too.

Another letter from the hospital with yet another app!! This time for a bowel investigation.. Colonoscopy... on the 7th May but I shall change that for a date when I come back as I've already booked my flight and it does take at least 24hrs to get ones bits back into ordinary function..IYKWIM!! :rolleyes:

..AND.. as regards the flight.. thought I would phone rather than do it online to make sure about the rollator and assistance. The price online was £196 .. they were going to charge me £296! I told him no chance so he checked again and came back with £246 and I must admit I was annoyed with myself for accepting that. He said it was most probably because lots of seats had been booked since I was last checking.. Yeh! Right!!

Ah well.. enough for now.. must go and do something for a change..
Just one last thing on a happier note.. weight gone down another 1lb today!

Checked the flight price and it has gone up since yesterday so I know I'm not being diddled.

Last edited:
Morning Carol..Hols are always exciting no matter where.. just nice to have a change of scenery isn't it?
I am in Edinburgh on the 16th but only for that day. I arrive the day before and leave again on the 17th.. Two nights at the Missoni is a big treat for me at their prices!! . :eek: .. It would be very nice to see you too.

I have made a note of that - hopefully we can meet up for a while - I should know fairly soon when our friends want us in Prestatyn so will let you know.

Been a beautiful day here.

Evening!

I'm glad the rollator works well -- and you've got your flights sorted.

Just noticed the thing about the prices of the flights - we've had that in the past when booking flights to the US. A couple of years ago when we were going with W, when she logged to the website on she was able to see a cheaper price than I could - when I phoned they said it was impossible for that to happen - however she did a screen shot and sent it to me :eek:. I waited for a week (as I was booking on my card) and logged on one morning and the prices had dropped, so I quickly booked. Bizarre.

Morning!

Just noticed the thing about the prices of the flights - we've had that in the past when booking flights to the US. A couple of years ago when we were going with W, when she logged to the website on she was able to see a cheaper price than I could - when I phoned they said it was impossible for that to happen - however she did a screen shot and sent it to me :eek:. I waited for a week (as I was booking on my card) and logged on one morning and the prices had dropped, so I quickly booked. Bizarre.

Was she looking from the States?

Wednesday 16th April 2014

Lovely sunny day again. Received a card from the young lady who I did the alterations for.. that was nice!

Couple came as arranged and took the ivy off the wall outside which is great..and they carted all the bags of debris off to the dump for a very minimal charge. Yay!

Email confirmation received from the hotel I booked in Ireland and I noted that they had put a double bed when I specifically said I wanted twin. Phoned them and apparently all their large rooms have 1 double and 1 single bed in them... After quite a long discussion when I had repeatedly said I had been assured that it would be twin beds I decided to cancel. On phoning a couple of other hotels it seems they all have the same layout and the last one saying that as I was travelling alone they could only offer me a single room... In the end I booked a double room online at a different hotel and I'll see what happens now!?!

Home help came in today and she listened to all my tales of woe.. which when relating the last couple of hospital visits I got quite upset again...Very odd feeling of being helpless and unheard.. I can't explain it properly.

Food intake has been good altho' I keep veering from being really hungry and then not wanting to eat at all.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - NIL
Dinner - Eggs hard boiled 2 + Ham 63g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Banana + Ice cream 100g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1083 Carbs 116 Fat 39 Protein 50 Sugars 48 Fibre 7

Evening Em,

Wednesday 16th April 2014

Lovely sunny day again. Received a card from the young lady who I did the alterations for.. that was nice!

Couple came as arranged and took the ivy off the wall outside which is great..and they carted all the bags of debris off to the dump for a very minimal charge. Yay!

Email confirmation received from the hotel I booked in Ireland and I noted that they had put a double bed when I specifically said I wanted twin. Phoned them and apparently all their large rooms have 1 double and 1 single bed in them... After quite a long discussion when I had repeatedly said I had been assured that it would be twin beds I decided to cancel. On phoning a couple of other hotels it seems they all have the same layout and the last one saying that as I was travelling alone they could only offer me a single room... In the end I booked a double room online at a different hotel and I'll see what happens now!?!

Home help came in today and she listened to all my tales of woe.. which when relating the last couple of hospital visits I got quite upset again...Very odd feeling of being helpless and unheard.. I can't explain it properly.

Food intake has been good altho' I keep veering from being really hungry and then not wanting to eat at all.

Breakfast - Oats 35g + Honey 1/2Tblspn
Lunch - NIL
Dinner - Eggs hard boiled 2 + Ham 63g + Salad + S.Cream 30g
Supper - Banana + Ice cream 100g
Extra - Milk 240ml

Cals 1083 Carbs 116 Fat 39 Protein 50 Sugars 48 Fibre 7

Your day started really well - card fab! Ivy sorted :D - hotel hassle no fun and discussing hospital nightmare with home help not pleasant. Did you feel she wasn't listening or were you referring to the hospital staff?

Food was very impressive! Very appealing to me.

Hello Em. Good news about the ivy. Are they going to do any more gardening for you? Im glad the young lady sent a card. Hope the rest of your day went well.

Morning chica - I'm at the apartment chilling out for a couple of days, hence being awol.
Currently on a borrwoed connection and haveing a quick visit to everyone.
Anything planned for the Easter weekend? or just more of the same?

Back