2020 - a new year, a new decade, the same me (just hopefully slimmer!)

IMG_20200217_134148459.jpg

Despite the weather it's been amazing! We were on our way back but the way we were going ended up closed due to flooding, so diverted to the motorway but then the skies properly opened and it was nigh on impossible to drive in it! So we've stopped at a pub to wait for the weather and rush hour traffic to pass. Another 3 course meal to add to my weight 😂😂😂 Afternoon tea yesterday was delicious, and the spa was stunning. My back massage was completely brutal - exactly what I needed but back and neck are VERY tender today 😭

Lovely to see your face - and what an amazing place it looks! (and don't mention those lush cakes!).

So pleased you and the family got to relax and enjoy yourselves - those times away are really important x

It was incredible. Don't want to go back to work today 😭

Had a sneak peek at the scales this morning. I know I shouldn't, but I figure this way, on weigh day I either won't be shocked, or if I manage to shift a bit then I'll be pleasantly surprised. I have gained 4 and a half 🙈 hoping some of that is water weight, as I did eat and drink an awful lot of food that bloats! So maybe I can get it down to a more respectable 2 or 3lb gain. To be honest though, even if I can't, it was worth it - and I'd do it all over again!

Next countdown is to Porto in 7 weeks :)

Hope you all had a good weekend and you're having a good week. And more importantly hope you all stayed safe in the crazy weather!

Free donuts at work today 😭😭😭 free.donuts.

Custard ones at that! I couldn't say no, but hasn't helped me limit my loss this week 😂😂😂 when I'm crying tomorrow as I step off the scales, please remind me it was all worth it!

I'd have struggled even more resisting fresh sausage rolls!!

Not sure how but my gain was a respectable 1/2lb. Honestly, never been so happy with a gain. I definitely deserves a higher number on the scales, but I'm not complaining 😂

I'd like to say I'll be keeping to plan over the weekend, to make up for last weekend and start of the week. Buuuuutt it's my friend's wedding tomorrow, AND a good friend has just got home from traveling for 6 months, and he'll be at the wedding too. It's a simple wedding, daytime thing only (with a buffet and cake still) then just friends of the bride and groom are going out for food and a night out in town. So that's writing off Saturday and Sunday (hungover me eats a lot of crap 🙈)

Happy FriYAY everyone! Much planned for the weekend?

That's a gain to celebrate :).

Sounds like a lovely weekend, have a great time at the wedding.

Diet pizza and diet wine for me tonight :D

2lb off this week which I'm thrilled with! I wanted to end Feb at the same weight I ended Jan as - but I think I'm actually 3.5lb lighter! Another weekend of not being on plan as parents are visiting (plus it's my birthday Sunday!) So we've got lunch out today, lunch out tomorrow and lunch out Sunday! Plus much alcohol shall be consumed 🙈😂🍸🍹🍷🥂🍾🍻🍺

Well. What a weekend.

Thursday night was relatively ok - admittedly we had wine, but also homemade beef stew with mashed potato and parsnip chips.

Friday was a lamb kofte, a chicken kofte, salad, rice, bread, hummus and tzatziki from the Turkish restaurant, (homemade) welshcakes, 3 double gin and lemonade, half a bottle of prosecco and half a homemade pizza.

Saturday was toast with butter for breakfast, prawns and garlic bread followed by risotto from ASK Italian for lunch, a bottle of red wine and a glass of port, cheese and biscuits with fresh baguette for tea followed by chocolate fingers.

Today was leftover baguette with butter for breakfast, mushroom soup with freshly baked bread roll followed by roast beef with all the trimmings, followed by chocolate fudge cake with ice cream for lunch - plus half a bottle of red, then part baked bread with butter ham and cheese for tea with half a bottle of prosecco followed by birthday cake.

Think it's safe to assume that this week is very much about damage limitation! I'm not going to lie, I regret none of my choices this weekend, but I think the best I can hope for on Friday is a stay-the-same!

Well. Lockdown was not my friend 😂 but, if the worst thing that happened to me during a global pandemic is that I gained some weight then I'm happy with that. Back to it now though. Last couple of weeks I've been doing the 5:2 diet. Surprisingly easy as just 2 days of active restrictions, then I do 3 days of careful eating and 2 days of what I want within reason. I'm back to my post-christmas weight but about 10lb off from getting back to my pre-lockdown weight. No rush though, my main priority is my mental health.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well :)

Another 1.5lb off yesterday which was pretty good considering I had 2 takeaways and 2 meals out since the week before 😂 the 5:2 lifestyle definitely suits me at the moment so we'll just see how it goes. I've not updated my tracker on here though, so currently looks like I weigh less than I actually do

Another 1.5lb off yesterday which was pretty good considering I had 2 takeaways and 2 meals out since the week before 😂 the 5:2 lifestyle definitely suits me at the moment so we'll just see how it goes. I've not updated my tracker on here though, so currently looks like I weigh less than I actually do
Well done xx

Back