2nd (and hopefully final) attempt - RE-FEED 7th August

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Everyone
Oh, well, here I am again, but at least I have managed to get to 7 days this time. I am only re-feeding now for 2 weeks as I go on holiday 21 August and not 28th now!

Day 1
B - Shake
L - Shake
D - 4oz white fish/dill & Lemon and small salad

Day 2
B - Shake
L - Tuna salad with corriander/lemon
D - 4oz chicken (herbs/spices) & 2 TBSP dwarf beans

Day 3
B - Shake
L - Chicken salad
D - 4oz white fish in parsley, new potatoes, 2 TBSP carrots/broad beans

Day 4
B - Shake
L - 1 x soya linseed bread with ham salad
D - Salmon steak, new potatoes, dill/cucumber salad (with lf natural yoghurt)
Fruit x 3 throughout day

Day 5
B - Shake
L - Egg Cress sandwich (soya linseed bread)
D - Quorn stir fry/light soya sauce
Fruit x 3 throughout the day

Day 6
B - Shake
L - Butternut squash and sweet potato soup (home made) and small salad
D - Meatballs (low fat mincemeat) and spaghetti with carrot, corgette coleslaw (made with v light mayo/yoghurt).
Low fat yoghurt and some blueberries (if necessary)
Fruit x 3 throughout the day

Day 7
B - Shake
L - Tuna salad
D - Vegetable Frittata and salad
Fruit x 3 throughout the day.

I will repeat this for two weeks, although on the 16 and 17th August I am in Scotland, but will stick to my shakes for Breakfast and have protein/salad the rest of the time.

I dont want to eat too many carbs, esp bread as I have a bit of a soft spot for bread!

I also dont want to get into the habit of eating too much, but then again dont want to undereat on re-feed.

All comments, again, greatly apprecaited!

Thanks

Looks good to me scots, the only thing is the fruit 3 times a day. Be wary of this - only have it if you feel you 'need' it as snacking (whether healthy or not) can become a habit - trust me i know :( lol

Thanks Tanya....I didnt want to put any down but thought if I was refeeding I had to, to get my body used to eating again.....got all confused.

So long as I start to have my 5 a day (fruit/veg) I will be happy, and I will be happy with 1 or 2 pieces to be honest, but that is a great help...thanks!

The re-feed sheet is pretty crap really (that the pharmacist gives you),,,not very clear on a lot of things.

Yes, I dont want to get into the snacking lark again; leads to other things!! Oh, I know that. You know, we have a Tuck Box in our kitchen at work - never noticed it the last 11 weeks, but I did yesterday!! Isnt that strange....I will have to stay well clear of the kitchen after LT that is for sure!!!

Thanks again Tanya, on the ball, as always.

I am now trying to get some before and after piccies....although, I know I am not at goal yet, but it might spur me on :)!

Menu looks great scotsmist. A lot of people have said here that when they are counting down to refeed ,they crave much more than when they were on TFR. I think your body is just in a state of anticipation. Good idea about keeping the carbs low if you know its a flashpoint for you. Know you will do fine. Breda

It's good to see that you are aware of your weaknesses and triggers, mine happens to be bread as well and I only have one portion of bread-type carbs a day...if at all. If I have boiled eggs for brekkie, I may have a wholemeal pitta or baby new potatoes with lunch OR dinner. If I have some Dorset high-fibre cereal for brekkie with natural yoghurt, I'll keep off the bread that day too! The less carbs I have, the less I want, 'cos the opposite is true too!!! I tend to do 2 days of very low carb intake if I feel I have had a little too much one day. It seems to be working as I've maintained the same weight for 6 weeks now.

Menu looks great scotsmist. A lot of people have said here that when they are counting down to refeed ,they crave much more than when they were on TFR. I think your body is just in a state of anticipation. Good idea about keeping the carbs low if you know its a flashpoint for you. Know you will do fine. Breda

Thanks Brenda....yes, i am even dreaming about it and thinking I have eaten and waken up worried,,then realise I was dreaming..hahah

It's good to see that you are aware of your weaknesses and triggers, mine happens to be bread as well and I only have one portion of bread-type carbs a day...if at all. If I have boiled eggs for brekkie, I may have a wholemeal pitta or baby new potatoes with lunch OR dinner. If I have some Dorset high-fibre cereal for brekkie with natural yoghurt, I'll keep off the bread that day too! The less carbs I have, the less I want, 'cos the opposite is true too!!! I tend to do 2 days of very low carb intake if I feel I have had a little too much one day. It seems to be working as I've maintained the same weight for 6 weeks now.

You are doing really well as well.....yes, I need to lay off the carbs, I know that....but I know I need to be sensible, hence why I am not knocking them out completely. Once before I just ate no carbs, and then that is bad...so, trying to balance everything out in my head first !

THANKS AGAIN

hey scots, i thought you was starting on the 8th of august but now i see you say its the 7th ... is that cuz of your holiday or you just cant wait?! :giggle:

Menu looks great Scotsmist, good luck on refeed.

As Tanya says, try not to snack unless its absolutely necessary. As long as you are having your 3 meals a day and including everything that the re-feed sheet says, you will be fine.

looks great when is your day 1 refeed?

Friday 7th August....oh....scarey! I must admit I have mixed emotions. I am glad I am trying the re-feed but know I am not at goal and will come back on! But, wish my hols wasnt till end of Sept, and get to goal :)

But, I am using this as a small test and to see how I get on and also to see whether I have actually learnt what I have been saying on the posts the past few months. Easy to write and say; now comes the hard part, the doing! But, I am prepared and determined as hell to suceed!!!

Menu looks great Scotsmist, good luck on refeed.

As Tanya says, try not to snack unless its absolutely necessary. As long as you are having your 3 meals a day and including everything that the re-feed sheet says, you will be fine.

When do I start looking at fruit just as a normal food and way of life! Should I just keep it to a minimum on re-feed and then eat it. I am so concious of wanting to eat a healthy balanced diet. Sorry, seems such a silly question but just want to be sure I do it right.

I think its day 3 or 4 fruit is allowed on refeed (I dont have the sheet at hand as I am in work) just follow the refeed as it says for 2 weeks then use fruit as part of your meals or as a snack if (genuinely) hungry.

Its not a silly question at all, its natural to thinking so many things when we are about to eat again after being on TFR.

hey scots, i thought you was starting on the 8th of august but now i see you say its the 7th ... is that cuz of your holiday or you just cant wait?! :giggle:

No, I got the dates mixed up! I knew it was on the Friday I was starting, but I thought that was the 8th August :)

I think its day 3 or 4 fruit is allowed on refeed (I dont have the sheet at hand as I am in work) just follow the refeed as it says for 2 weeks then use fruit as part of your meals or as a snack if (genuinely) hungry.

Its not a silly question at all, its natural to thinking so many things when we are about to eat again after being on TFR.

Thanks Mary, It is on Day 4 when they say you can have it....so, if I dont need it, I wont bother...... :)

No .. deffo don't have it unless you NEED it. Don't worry about your 5 a day for your refeed weeks.

I know it's scary and I definitely think maintenance is the hardest stage - at least on refeed you have a plan to follow so make the most of having the strict guidelines. After that it feels a bit like being cast adrift without a paddle or a compass but it's a stage we must all get to and find our own way. I don't mean this to sound negative in any way because at the end of the day it's the stage we all want to be at. Realising it isn't easy I feel is really a good thing. That way we're far more likely to remain vigilant and stay in a heathy weight range. If we got to goal and let rip we'd be back to square one in no time at all. I don't know about the rest of you (well actually I think I DO ;)) but I certainly have to intention or desire to allow myself another yo-yo ..... I've wasted enough of my life ... I've had enough!!!

This Maintenance forum was an excellent idea (thanks again!! ;)) and I intend to stick around for the duration ... and that could be a hell of a long time!!!!!

Sorry if this got a bit heavy :eek: xxx

Thanks Jan!
I hear you about the 5 a day...just stick to the refeed and then when I start to eat properly I can think of it.....thanks..

Yes, very daunting, but like you, and no doubt others, I dont want to ever have to get to this stage again. This was the last diet........once I am at goal, that is it...no more....I need to learn to my limits and stay within them.

Thanks again, feel so much better about the menu...roll on 7th...hha...well, maybe not quite like that yet.

i'm goin to start refeed same day as u! i'm goin on hols on 14th so goin to do refeed for a week before i go am nervous now too since i decided :) your menu's look brillant :)

i'm goin to start refeed same day as u! i'm goin on hols on 14th so goin to do refeed for a week before i go am nervous now too since i decided :) your menu's look brillant :)

We will just have to PM and email each other Nicola and keep ourselves straight.
I am sure we will be fine, to be honest..I have someone at my side (my hubby :)) who has been told to watch my every move!!!!!!!!!!

Have you sorted out a menu..would be good to think about it as I think half the battle is preparation as well!

my hubby doesnt really understand it, and says things like "sure 1 bit wont hurt!"

no i havent done menu's to be honest was goin to read tru all the posts here and do it tonight, i work in a shop/deli/office so will mainly eat out of there i think i start at 6am finish at 4pm and at weekends i work 730 am till 12 or 1 depending how busy it is, so i dont really cook at home :( hubby cooks dinner for himself and kids and i just clean up ! )
anyway i'll prob start a thread on it, you can warn me all the do's and dont's !
did u get hula hoop yet?

Back