2nd Chances

whoopsadolly

Silver Member
Hi all,

I was after some advice please.

I did SW about 2 years ago & stopped going because I was disappointed with losses. Didn't seem to b losing much despite being good & all my leader kept saying was I wasn't eating enough. I admit I struggle with the fact that u can eat pasta/rice etc cos have counted cals/points in the past & they have loads.

I'm thinking of giving it another try because I'm so fed up of myself at the moment. What do you think? Is it worth me trying again?

HELP! Xxx

I'd try it again, try a week of doing it all out don't worry about weighing free food ect. What do you have to loose? If it doesn't work its only been one week, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Good luck

I agree, you have nothing to lose. You will be no worse off, even if you dont lose any weight. Stick to the plan 100%, dont be thinking about portion sizes, just eat until you are full. You might just surprise yourself! I know I was very surprised with my first weigh in! I ate buckets more than I ever did on weight watchers, it was just different food.

Thanks girls,

Think I'm gonna go for it. Will do it 100% & c how I go. I've got about 4 stone to lose & it's my 40th in September so want to lose as much as I can b4 then.
How much have u lost? Have u found it easy?

Thanks again for replying, I really appreciate it xxx

Thanks girls,

Think I'm gonna go for it. Will do it 100% & c how I go. I've got about 4 stone to lose & it's my 40th in September so want to lose as much as I can b4 then.
How much have u lost? Have u found it easy?

Thanks again for replying, I really appreciate it xxx

I'm at target but between Easter and Christmas (when I started in 2011) I lost just over 2 stone, I lost it quite slow towards the end but over all it has been really easy, its a great plan which makes it very easy to follow as there is so much choice.

Good luck :) x

I'm at target but between Easter and Christmas (when I started in 2011) I lost just over 2 stone, I lost it quite slow towards the end but over all it has been really easy, its a great plan which makes it very easy to follow as there is so much choice.

Good luck :) x

Well done u! R u just maintaining now then?

I'm going to a cancer charity ball next Sat. Do I start SW this Monday or next Monday after ball? Xxx

I have only started on SW, have 8 stone to lose. Finding it easy to stick to, but I have to be prepared and make sure I have a meal plan, it takes the choice out of eating iykwim. I dont ever stand at the fridge and think what will I have, its already planned.

Tbh, I would start this monday. if you leave it another week you could do alot of damage saying "oh its my last week off plan" and eat things you wouldnt normally. whereas if you start this week, flexi-syn for the charity ball and go right back into it, you can do a bit of damage limitation, if that makes sense!

Think planning is the key & your right about starting this Monday. I would stuff my face thinking it was my last week if freedom. How long have u bin doin it Hun? What have u lost up to now? Xx

I agree with starting this week, even if you go off plan at the ball you'll have 6 days on plan which could make all the difference :)

Yeah I'm maintaining at the moment, well gaining a couple of lbs and loosing them ect... but staying around the same weight, which is amazing for me I've always yo-yo-ed between a couple of stone :)

Well done donna, I think naturally slim people fluctuate by a few pounds off and on, it seems to be normal and healthy. You seem to have it under control which is a huge achievement!

Woopsadolly, I had my first weigh in on wednesday, lost 3lbs! Was so shocked, I never lost 3lbs in a week on any diet. Even when I got prescription weight loss aids from the doctor, I only ever lost between 1 and 1.5lbs a week!

Uve done so well Donna, hopefully I will be maintaining with u soon!! How long did it take u to get to goal?

3lb in a week is fab. I wud b more than happy with that! Defo goin Monday so wish me luck.

Have u got any hints & tips to get me started xxx

Good Luck! Jut give it your all and see! It's hard to get over the carbs stigma, agreed. I've recently converted 3 friends from WW to SW and they were worried about the amounts of carbs they are eating...in 5 weeks they've each lost at least 13.5lbs. My tips would be PLENTY of fruit and veg and salad. Make sure you vary your meals, ie try not to stick to the same foods everyday. I've had a few wobbles in the last 6 weeks (self sabotage) HOWEVER when I've stuck to the plan 100% I've had some amazing losses. I've still had wine and the odd takeaway or meal out, but I've synned them accordingly. I'm sure you can do it, I wouldn't be too hung up on small losses either, most people who lose slowly tend to be able to keep the weight off and once at target maintain a little easier. Also all those small losses add up don't they? xx

Good Luck! Jut give it your all and see! It's hard to get over the carbs stigma, agreed. I've recently converted 3 friends from WW to SW and they were worried about the amounts of carbs they are eating...in 5 weeks they've each lost at least 13.5lbs. My tips would be PLENTY of fruit and veg and salad. Make sure you vary your meals, ie try not to stick to the same foods everyday. I've had a few wobbles in the last 6 weeks (self sabotage) HOWEVER when I've stuck to the plan 100% I've had some amazing losses. I've still had wine and the odd takeaway or meal out, but I've synned them accordingly. I'm sure you can do it, I wouldn't be too hung up on small losses either, most people who lose slowly tend to be able to keep the weight off and once at target maintain a little easier. Also all those small losses add up don't they? xx

Thanks Hun! Really gonna try my hardest. Sounds like u & ur friends r doin really well xxxx

It's my first weigh in tomorrow! I think the best thing to do is to suspend belief and just take what the plan says as gospel. At the begining you will feel you're eating too much, but that's conditioning. Eat everything you're allowed and make sure to have all your syns! Good luck!

It's my first weigh in tomorrow! I think the best thing to do is to suspend belief and just take what the plan says as gospel. At the begining you will feel you're eating too much, but that's conditioning. Eat everything you're allowed and make sure to have all your syns! Good luck!

Thanks Hun, think how much u can eat will b the big challenge for me. What have you found most challenging in your first week?

Good luck for tomorrow. Let me know how u get on xxxx

Go for it mate, you'll do it with the support you can get on here ;) i do EE and have been 100% and i love SW, I hope it goes well for you ;) keep us informed

Hey Whoopsadolly! Just been reading this and wondering how u are getting on? Hope u are finding the plan ok. I'm a newbie too just starting week 3 and 8.5lb down so its great to chat to someone who is starting too x

Hey Whoopsadolly! Just been reading this and wondering how u are getting on? Hope u are finding the plan ok. I'm a newbie too just starting week 3 and 8.5lb down so its great to chat to someone who is starting too x

Hey Hun, not bin on here all week but I'm doin good thanks. Lost 2.5 last week & hoping for the same this week. So far so gud, think the key is planning. How u getting on? Uve dun really well in ur first 3 weeks. U njoying plan? Xx

Hey Hun, not bin on here all week but I'm doin good thanks. Lost 2.5 last week & hoping for the same this week. So far so gud, think the key is planning. How u getting on? Uve dun really well in ur first 3 weeks. U njoying plan? Xx

Thats great congrats hun! I am enjoying the plan as I feel I still actually eating normal and something I can stick too. STS this week so I am a little disappointed as I was following the plan 100% but maybe it will show next week! :) any thing you are finding difficult? my is probably drink... haha x

Back