2nd day on refeed

Sola

My dinner last night was so nice, like i said on another thread, I never knew plain chicken, salad with balsamic vinegar could taste so nice. i did feel guilty afterwards, its strange. Will this feeling ever leave us, feeling guilty for eating.
This morning I had my vanilla LT shake, yumshus then for lunch chicken and salad was nice and I'm having tuna and salad for dinner.
The water drinking has now become habit, so drinking loads of water. Can anyone give more info on the maintenance bars and drinks? I got some from the pharmacist, do i take them now,and use as a replacement meal or do i eat them before breakfast lunch or dinner as well as my normal meal. Still a bit confused, anyone??

Im afraid I never got as far as refeed before falling pregnant, if I was in your situation I would call the pharmacy and ask them .......I do think they are replacement meals though but cant be sure.

Hi Sola on week 1 of refeed you have an LT shake or maintenance formula for breakfast. Then as far as i am aware...after the first week you can continue to replace up to 2 meals with maintenance foumula. It says after week week 1 you should use maintenance as opposed to LT shakes!

They say another option is to have a maintenance formula before both breakfast and lunch in order to reduce the amount of calories and the portion of your actual meal.

Personally i am going to continue to replace breakfast with a maintenance bar, they say this helps to keep control of calories. If you do this every breakfast and then get weighed after 2 weeks then, if you gain weight you can start to replace further meals until you find a stable weight!

Hope this helps hu xxx

P.s im on day 2 refeed too xxx

Thanks Tracey, i feel bloated at the mo with totm, and re feeding. I guess everything will settle by next week. A bar as well as breakfast sounds a lot. I guess we're used to eating so little. Hows your re feeding going?

Its going great hun i weighed myself this morning and have lost 2lb since tuesday!! Strange but typical me! Im not looking forward to potato tonight..well i am but scared if you know what i mean? xxx

tracey..sorry to butt in but does that mean, if ive read you right, that once refeed is complete you just have a maintenance bar in the morning for two weeks and then if everything is ok, replace those gradually with breakfast? sorry to be so thick but im gonna in where you are soon too so want to know what im doing!! im hoping to calorie count but then again, when does that start and the maintenance stop and how much do the maintenance bars in calories count as?? sorry for all these questions..just wondered if youd know :)

h xx

Hi hun, i dont think you definitely have to keep the bars up but they reccomend it to help control calories, there is approx 150 cals per maintenance formula, give or take! I think you just use the bars etc as part of calorie counting, there would prob be no prob in having a very low cal and fat breakfast. I just think its easier this way.

They tell you to replace 7 meals after refeed week with maintenance formulas but if you gain weight you can increase that and replace more meals or less if you lose weight!
Hope that helps hun xx

thanks tracey thats really helpful :) how are you finding refeeding..?

h xx

Great thanks except i just had tuna salad! I have always hated salad but had great intentions....it was awful so going to have a bit of brocolli now lol! For tea im having chicken, cabbage and jacket potato cant wait for that. When you thinking of refeeding hun? you've done fab xxx

hopefully quite soon now..last weigh in i was 11.4 and ive set myself a goal of 10 1/2..was gonna be 10.3 but i changed that a few weeks ago. im just within the recommended bmi thing for normal weight now which im really pleased about but yeah, hopefully within the next few weeks (depending how kind they are to me!) ill refeed at 10 1/2. hey ill tel you something that happened to me yesterday..i went into monsoon to try on some trousers and a top..took 12's into the changing room and the trousers were fine..tried on the top and it was baggy so i spoke to the woman there and asked her opinion (something id never have done a few weeks ago btw) and she said, no you need the next size down, what size is that...i nearly had a heartattack lol so anyway, she got a size 10 which i tried and yep, it fitted great..that is the first size 10 ive ever bought..i was so over the moon i cant describe it lolol

god, what a difference this LT makes

h xx

Woohoo you go girl!! Size 10!! Bet that was a great feeling? I decided to forget all aboutsize and concentrate on how i look. I have never been smaller than size 14 on bottom even at 10 stone and i a 14 now! How tall are you harriet? I used to be 10 top years ago but now ive had a baby i have boobs lol xxxx Well done hun xxx

5.7...but my poor boobs have disappeared..was a 38c now a 36b (which is what i was when im my 20's)..ive never worried about the size really so thats fine but it looks so different in the mirror now with nothing much there lol

how old is your baby tracey? :) ive got two girls, 13 and 15

h x

Dont have a clue what my bra size is now, need to get measured! I am wearing 38C but its a bit big now so could be a B now i think! My little girl is 16 months old, luckily she loves all food especialy fruit and veg! I wanted to do LT partly for her to be honest, i didnt want her growing up with me talking about being fat all the time. I dont want to worry about weight all her life like i have xxx

i know exactly what you mean..my girls have been a great support to me and my eldest, especially. she looked at me the other day day and mum, you really have lost weight havent you, your nearly the same size as me..and shes a 8/10 lol ..i was over the moon.

they say teenagers can be difficult and they can at times, but both my girls have been wonderful. they are also vegetarian and so eat lots of fruit, veg etc (their choice not mine although being vegan may have had something to do with it )..ive got some great pics of them both sitting in highchairs with mushed up spinach all over their faces and hair lol

h x

Yeah exactly Lil i want her to be proud of her mum like i always have of my mum (who has a great figure) xx

thats a lovely thing to say

h x

There is nothing wrong with being a big mum i just didnt want to be one xx

oh tracy thats lovely my mum on the other hand is a yoyoer shes either starving herself or binging maybe thats where i got it from.I just want to set a good example for my 2 girls when i first started i sat my eldest(9 nearly 10) down and explained that because i hadnt eaten sensibly and had eaten all the wrong types of food that i had made myself unhealthy and that lipotrim was going to help me put all the wrongs right ,both of them now have realised that there is right and wrong things to eat and both of them are making better choices so hopefully i have broken the cycle with them 2 xx

Back