****2stgone over 8 to go.....oh Emma, how did you let this happen?! ****

Weighed in at 267lbs this morning :) The only way is down! Have clothes to slim into anyway too so I'm officially on a mission!

Hello again! Im having a lazy day at home today so am reading a lot of the threads on here and hoping for some inspiration....some amazing stories on here, there really is!

Am doing ok I think since yesterday, going to be in the 18's when I weigh in next Wednesday, fingers crossed....aaaah! Will let ye know anyway about that next Wednesday.

Had a chinese last night with my bro, the first in aaages but I was ordered chow mein and used always get a portion of chips with it....no chips last night. It literally took all my resolve when I rang them to order not to get the chips! I was happy I didnt anyway cos didnt even finish it anyway which was another first for me. Still though, by no means am I perfect, Im staying at my parents at the moment until I start my new job and move to Dublin next week and temptation is everywhere! I did actually cave at lunch time and had a packet of crisps...ugh! :(

Anyway, my other dilemma is that I was saying a few posts back that I bought a new dress and a skirt last weekend for my new job. Anyway, they are both size 18, tailored with no stretch and very fitted...ie tight/small, whateve way you want to put it. Now I can zip them up no problem but they are def too clngy for the office at the moment. Im hoping they will be fine in another 10/15lbs...probably 15 Im guessing? but now Im tempted to go back and buy them both in a size 20 so I can wear them staright away. It could be a month easily before I lose 15 lbs and they may not still fit properly then. Buying them in the size 20 really defeats the purpose of a sale lol as they are a tiny bit loose in the bigger size but I feel that Im being silly having a size 18 that I cant bloody wear when I need clothes for work....oh first world problems! I should be delighted to have a job and stop my giving out!

Hi, catching up since I've been away for a week and wondering how you are doing :) Ask yourself if you could sit down in those skirts for the whole day..........if you really can't then maybe you should change them for the larger size or have you anything else you could wear until the skirts do feel comfortable to wear all day. I know changing the skirts will be defeating the object and you probably won't get the wear out of them before they are too big, so you have to decide if you could put up with them being a bit tight for a little while. the fact that you can do them up says that you probably can wear them now...........could you wear a longer line blouse over the top, which may make you feel more comfortable in them til you lose a bit of weight to make them comfortable.

Just a thought :D

Hello again! Im back from the dead....have had a crazy few weeks what with moving city and starting a new job etc and thought it was time to get back on track! My diet has been ok-ish, not great but have really found myself slipping the last 5 days or so...have basically been eating crap non-stop! KFC, chinese, chippy to name a few :( Anyway, I hauled my fat ass to Tesco and have stocked up on fruit and healthy stuff to bring to work for lunch so it should also get me back on track.

Only positive is that Im doing a little bit more exercise (ie more than zero) with the new job which is a plus. I am so unfit...literally climbing flights of stairs for the train each morning has me out of breath for a few mins and my make-up sweating off me...disgusting!

Anyway, I dont feel like v put on weight clothes wise but I know that I definitely must have cos my diet has been so poor.

Back on the wagon and will weigh-in tomorrow and post the results tomorrow eve

Emma x

Weighed in at 270lb, so to be honest I thought my gain would have been more but at least it didnt get any more out of control.......hmmmm. Hope I get back on track asap!

Glad to see you back Emma and you've made the first step in getting back on track. My own plan has been bit hit and miss since May, but I have got a family bbq this Sat and have promised myself that on Tuesday when I'm back at work I will also be back on plan as I haven't got anything else coming up til mid Sept, so have a few weeks to focus and lose a few pounds :)

Keep posting as this forum is a fantastic way of getting support, encouragement and motivation :D:D

I'm back.....at last!

I've been so busy and eating badly for the past few weeks but enough is enough! I'm not as bad as I was in fact I don't think I ever will be thank god, but I'm not eating well and it scares me. I haven't been scoffing dominos like in the past but this weekend was ridiculous....a complete binge if I'm honest, pizza, chips, wine, huge bag of doritos, creamy pastas....I feel disgusting!

Weighed in at 270lbs this morning which annoyed me as I was down to 265 a fortnight ago.

Anyway, nothing like a few trips / birthdays / a fear of forever singledom to spur me on!

Going for a healthy shop tomorrow after work and I'm setting myself a goal...it's a bit far fetched but here goes.

Mini goal of 255lbs by my birthday on September 16th which leaves me basically a stone to lose in a month...doable I hope!

I want to have lost 40lbs from now to Christmas...which would bring me to 230lbs. I know I'm being defeatest already as I don't think I could reach that goal but it's good to reach for the stars anyway I guess.

Another reason why I'm going to start now is because I need some more work clothes and winter coats etc soon and goddamnit I'm not buying a size 18 / 20!!!

I'm sick of being so bloody unhealthy! I'v to climb four sets of stairs one after other to get to the train after work and my legs are literally like jelly and Im out of breath after, it's just not right. :(

Here we go! x x

Couldnt resist stepping on the scales today as was losing motivation. Weighed 266.8lbs which is good but its probably water weight. Anyway, will keep you posted , trying my best to be back on the wagon now, have healthy food in the house etc so full steam ahead hopefully!

heylyla87 said:
Couldnt resist stepping on the scales today as was losing motivation. Weighed 266.8lbs which is good but its probably water weight. Anyway, will keep you posted , trying my best to be back on the wagon now, have healthy food in the house etc so full steam ahead hopefully!

Glad to hear you are doing well x x

And........I'm back.

I can't believe my last post was August 2012 which was 18months ago.

Bad news is I was cringing while reading back on my last post as I haven't gotten anywhere near my goals.

I've basically hovered around the same weight and weigh 256lbs at the moment which is the lowest I've gotten to.

10lbs in 18months is just ridiculous and has showed me that I obviously haven't been trying.

Well 2014 will be my year I hope.

I've set myself a few mini goals which I intend on actually meeting this time.

1) Family Wedding on 8th Feb and want to be 249lbs for that so I need to shift half a stone in the next 3 weeks.
2) Supposed to be going on holiday on the 26th March and aiming to be 238lbs by then.

Will go from there then.

Feeling scared but if I don't do it this year, I'll never get there.
Here we go :-/

So disappointed in myself for being so lax lately and although I haven't gained my losses have been tiny given they are over such a long period of time.

Well I spent the morning reading over threads on here for inspiration, made a healthy shopping list for the week ahead.

Bring on my next mini goal of 249lbs in 3 weeks time! :)

Good luck luv, subscribing! Xx

Sent from my C1505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm back AGAIN.

I want to start posting regularly and have more time on my hands now so I will try to.

I wish I was coming back to say that I have had an amazing loss in the past few months but I havent. :-(

I weighed myself on Saturday and I was 256lbs which is the same as I was back in January which is so frustrating. However, I had been eating so much crap for about a month and two weeks ago I reined myself in when I stepped on the scales and weighed 263lbs so have gone back to 256lbs now by being v strict on my diet and trying to go for long walks. Losing those 10lbs that I had put on again made me feel so much better and has motivated me. I was feeling so bloated and sluggish and my clothes were getting too tight for me.

Anyway, I have a lot more free time now which is great and I was experiencing a lot of stress which is now gone so I'm hoping things will improve.

I need to get serious about this weight loss cos have basically been hovering at this weight for almost a year.

My dad has been diagnosed with prediabetes and has gone on a really strict diet lately so I'm being more mindful too of my heath and hopefully the changes will rub off on me.

I'm going for a day at the races with a group of friends in 51/2 weeks on July 30th so I'm setting that as a goal for myself. I'm putting my goal at to lose 10lbs by then which would bring my weight to 246lbs but I doubt I will reach this but going to aim for at least half a stone by then.

I'm going looking for a dress in a few weeks for it and want to look HOT (if possible at my weight) ! I have the motivation that an ex of mine will be there with his new girlfriend and I want to look well so full steam ahead.

Hi,

You should reach ur 10lb goal by 30th july. Its 4 weeks away and is doable. Different diets work for different people have u tried the 5:2 diet? It have a friend thats doing it and she raves about it...just eeek ur way through one day and then eat normally (within reason) the next. Also slimming world is meant to be brilliant as well. I know loads of people doing it and have gotten some huge losses. A friend of mine started it when she was only about 12st 11lbs so not exactly as fat as me but she lost 9lbs in just 2wks. I'm just doing my own thing and have went cold turkey. I've cut out everything sweet ie biscuits crisps chocolate cakes sweets. Its 16 days so far and it is tough....temptation is everywhere and sometimes I am on the verge of giving in and just have a wee bit, but then at the same time I'm terrified of because I know the flood gates will open and I'll just go back to my usual binge eating.

I'm sure you will find the diet thats right for u and u will look great at the races :)

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I'll make 10lbs but hopefully will make a good dent in it anyway!

I'm trying to stick with low cal at the moment as I really want to try get back in to decent healthy eating but once I've done well for a few weeks, happy to try something else. Definitely interested in 5.2 or atkins but staying away from this for now as I've done it before and been completely overwhelmed by the desire to eat bread! Totally cutting out certain foods makes me want them more I think! Great admiration for people who do it.

I've been doing ok for the past week anyway. No binges at all which is great for me but I'm afraid because it doesn't take much to set me off. Craving a chinese so bad, haven't had one in weeks so going to treat myself Sunday evening!

Haven't weighed myself either for the past week and not going to weigh in until Saturday morning so hopefully, I will have lost a few lbs by then...clothes feel looser anyway which is a good sign I guess!

Hi,

You should reach ur 10lb goal by 30th july. Its 4 weeks away and is doable. Different diets work for different people have u tried the 5:2 diet? It have a friend thats doing it and she raves about it...just eeek ur way through one day and then eat normally (within reason) the next. Also slimming world is meant to be brilliant as well. I know loads of people doing it and have gotten some huge losses. A friend of mine started it when she was only about 12st 11lbs so not exactly as fat as me but she lost 9lbs in just 2wks. I'm just doing my own thing and have went cold turkey. I've cut out everything sweet ie biscuits crisps chocolate cakes sweets. Its 16 days so far and it is tough....temptation is everywhere and sometimes I am on the verge of giving in and just have a wee bit, but then at the same time I'm terrified of because I know the flood gates will open and I'll just go back to my usual binge eating.

I'm sure you will find the diet thats right for u and u will look great at the races :)

Still hanging in there.... haven't weighed myself but my clothes are feeling looser which is something guess.

Had a cheat day yesterday :-( but back on track today!

Back