3 days in on Atkins

Your glands have come up? now that's strange penny. I used to get that a lot when I was a kid, but haven't had it in years. How are you today?

I'm ok at the moment, thanks Jim. My problem is that I have reflux, hence needing to lose weight. I also suffer from tension around my neck, throat and shoulders so by the end of the day I end up with tightness round my throat which feels like my glands are swollen. Also since starting this diet the acid has increased despite being on meds!!

It's a bit worrying but I've been like this for years so....

Hmm, not a good read! However, I have looked at the foods I've eaten over the last few days and I think the few slices of salami haven't helped. I may also try to introduce the more fattier things or things I've not eaten in years slowly... see how that goes...

Thanks, Jim x

Sounds like a good idea to me love.

I try to be good, honest I do - I've over indulged!

I have to have an atkins bar when I wake up but am thinking that perhaps I should make myself wait a while.

1 atkins bar 2.1g
2 indulgence bars 4.2g
2 eggs 0g
10 g ham 0g
40g cheese 1.4g

rocket salad with prawns and cream cheese 2.2g

3 tablespoons of mince 0g
courgette, asparagus & pepper (totalling 9g carb)

Advantage bar 3g

21.1 g in total

Also had a nibble on home made biscuits for school fête...

What a pig!!!!!!

Last edited:
Trouble is there's not a lot else to eat other than eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, chicken and the selected veggies. And I do worry about the cholesterol intake on this diet, hence eating the bars. The bars are also a quick fix and as close to carb as you can get!

Clearly something went very wrong yesterday: no longer in ketosis today :-(

Still, move on, and move up, I say!

Don't you eat red meat then Penny? I eat loads of beef, lamb and pork. Atkins was really good for my cholesterol Penny.

I'm going to go to Lidl today so I'll buy some meat from there. Could you perhaps recommend me some meat, sausages, etc, all foods of which are low carb or carb free?

Thanks Jim x

Any unprocessed meat Penny and here are some legal sausages
Image001-3.jpg

Image001_3.jpg

Image000_1.jpg

Or there's the pork and chorizo asda sausages Penny :) Think they're 0.6 carbs for two. They're in the chiller cabinet near the bacon and think they're still 3 packs of six for £6?? Can't quite remember..

Got the sausages... freezer's full, OH is happy (he loves bangers and is still skinny!)

Forgot to mention, yesterday, before I lost the plot, I felt like I had so much energy, I felt almost *bionic*. It was a great but strange feeling. Like I could have climbed the four walls on the house, hopped fences, climbed trees, and so on...

Well day 2 for me and I think yesterday I did about 24g possibly and today I think about 23g. Will aim for lower over the long weekend.

OH AND YES I FEEL FAT AND BLOATED AND I HAVE BEEN TO THE TOILET! Is this normal and when will I feel thinness??

Can you just buy Ketosis stiks from the Chemist?? Over the counter? The are used by diabetics yes??

Bren
X

I have heard people say they feel fat and bloated initially Bren, I never had it so I can't comment.

LOL, Penny, , that's the Atkins power surge after your body gets used to fat burning.

Hi Guys,:sign0144:

I am another newbe to Atkins, day 6 for me, doing quite well as have lost 5lb so far.(couldn't resist weighing myself before the week was up).:giggle:
I am gradually settling in to this eating regime, it takes some planning in advance and shopping takes way longer as i read the carbs on everything! 'Knowledge is power' and all that.
I have suffered the flu type symptons and i am sure i am slowly feeling more ME.
I must add that the Atkins bars are sooo yum, expensive but yum. (boots have offer on..buy 1 get 1 half price). So i have taken advantage of that and stocked up in advance....My only concern is that they are so nice, I feel naughty eating them :rolleyes:.
Please don't tell me they are forbidden fruit, without then i am likely to kill. :17729:
Have fun all....x

Please don't tell me they are forbidden fruit, without then i am likely to kill.

Don't like to tell you this but not ALL of them are legal on induction Lainey. I can't remember off hand which are legal or not. Laura will know.

Bren - I got the Ketosticks from my local Asda. Some chemists had no idea what they were but eventually I managed to find a chemist in the know. Some of the chemists also disapproved of my diet regime and started on a rant to tell me the errors of my ways. Though yesterday I was served by a chemist who is doing the same diet. Anyway, to stop any unwanted reaction to asking for the Ketosticks I just said that the doc had told me to reduce my carbs due to allergy and that I should get the sticks so that I can monitor myself regularly.
I little lies doesn't hurt, does it? God? GOD??

Laine, the advantage bars can be consumed on induction but you cannot eat the 'indulgence' bars. They are yummy, aren't they?!

Back