3 Positives for today...

This thread has definitely made me realise how negative I am so here goes nothing

1. Had time to clean the mirrored wardrobes and the bath this morning :)
2. I've caught up on some e-mails for Uni
3. I've almost finished making notes on a book that needs to go back :D

Yes, they're pretty feeble but better than none ;)

1. Got my valentine's gift off OH (it came in the post finally) a Tunnocks TeaCake Tote Bag :D :D :D

2. Best mate is coming over tonight to natter, and to dye my hair for me (I usually do it myself, but she decided I miss bits and she should do it... I won't argue!)

3. Last day at work til Tuesday, and not a dreadful day. I'm learning things, and goodness me - might even be applying them occasionally! ;)

1. Have finally committed to clearing my debts and living within my means.

2.Have my sister coming over tonight for dinner and a natter :)

3.This time next week ill be back at college and onto my Level 2 Hairdressing (cant wait eek!)

1) Had quite a nice day at work and was in a nice mood

2) seems to be getting warmer which is always good

3) Payday tomorrow!

1. Got paid today just in time for going away this weekend with the girls :)

2. About to do day 5 of the 30DS and going to play squash later with my dad

3. Have been 100% on plan so far today and have been drinking loads of water....need to pee...AGAIN!!! xx

1. Cycled 8 miles in half hour in gym then did more work out! :-0
2. Managing work load at work well without my supervisor
3. It's almost Friday,... I can smell the weekend!

1. Despite minor irritants I've been in a great mood all day.
  2. Tied up lots of loose ends at work
  3. *whispers* My knee seems less painful today.

two years ago, I was terrified of going outside my own house as a side effect of PTSD. I was basically agoraphobic unless someone was with me. I had intensive therapy (thankyou nhs), and I'm still on medication. a year ago, I could just about manage my "safe" places, being namely my local town centre, sophie's school, and my mum's house. but I could not have done a journey that I'd never done before on my own. especially involving the underground. and a six year old. and a suitcase.

Guess what I did this week?! ADVENTURE!!!

DSCF1431.jpg

I did that.
biggrin.png

ok, I wasn't totally alone. I had my daughter with me, and my cousin came to show us get to aunty's house from the station (and came back to the station with us the next day because he's just awesome), but I managed to get from Basildon in Essex, across london and to Nottingham in the east midlands, and back again. And for me, that's EPIC.

2. I stayed pretty much on plan, I did veer a little being as it was a mini holiday and all... BUT I made sensible choices, even about my minor syn over-spend lol. AND I've done one hell of a lot of exercise by default hahaha. I was even able to put a positive spin on the fact that the suitcase broke on the way home. the dragging handle wouldn't deploy, so I had to carry it instead lol. woo! more work on my bingo wings hahaha!

3. there doesn't need to be a number 3. did you read number 1 and 2? that's worth everything.

Flibsey said:
two years ago, I was terrified of going outside my own house as a side effect of PTSD. I was basically agoraphobic unless someone was with me. I had intensive therapy (thankyou nhs), and I'm still on medication. a year ago, I could just about manage my "safe" places, being namely my local town centre, sophie's school, and my mum's house. but I could not have done a journey that I'd never done before on my own. especially involving the underground. and a six year old. and a suitcase.

I did that.

ok, I wasn't totally alone. I had my daughter with me, and my cousin came to show us get to aunty's house from the station (and came back to the station with us the next day because he's just awesome), but I managed to get from Basildon in Essex, across london and to Nottingham in the east midlands, and back again. And for me, that's EPIC.

2. I stayed pretty much on plan, I did veer a little being as it was a mini holiday and all... BUT I made sensible choices, even about my minor syn over-spend lol. AND I've done one hell of a lot of exercise by default hahaha. I was even able to put a positive spin on the fact that the suitcase broke on the way home. the dragging handle wouldn't deploy, so I had to carry it instead lol. woo! more work on my bingo wings hahaha!

3. there doesn't need to be a number 3. did you read number 1 and 2? that's worth everything.

That's amazing. Well done you :D

1. I really enjoyed my tea. BGTY Sausages, Egg and Mushrooms on Toast with Brown Sauce. Nom Nom. Only 2 Syns.

2. I have seen 2 colleagues in the last two days that I haven't seen for at least a couple of months. Both of them asked me had I lost weight and told me I was looking great for it. A lovely boost, especially as I'm still not really noticing much change myself.

3. Beef Rogan Josh is all ready in the slow cooker to be turned on in the morning before I go to work so I don't have to come home and faff when I get in! Nice relaxing Friday evening.

DSCF1431.jpg

I did that.
biggrin.png

You're my hero of the
[STRIKE]Day,[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Week,[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Month,[/STRIKE]

Year!

Congratulations!

I found a #3!!!
I know we don't "do" calories, but I've had a basic calorie overspend of about 1000, but done enough carrying of suitcase, walking, running to meet trains, playing with sophie and going up and down the stairs in my aunt's 3floor victorian terrace to have just covered that. add tomorrow's trip into town which I have planned, plus sensible synning for the rest of the week and I'm back on track! woo!

1) I had a 'do very little day' including some pamper time for me!

2) I cooked a simple tea that I haven't had for ages and really enjoyed it.

3) I have started planning my weekends meals.

16/2/12

1 - my husband love me for me.

2 - I have eaten so much sh*t over the last few days especially chocolate that I think it's out of my system and I'm ready for a 100% plan (starting Saturday)

3 - looking forward to spending tomorrow evening with my husband - just a shame it is pizza hut - but his choice for once :)

Flibsey said:

I did that.

Nice one flibs that's amazing progress! Glad you had a fun adventure :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm loving this thread! Can't think of three positives yet but I will and I'll come and post them!!

Oh can think of first

I have lost inches off my tummy (not bothered about the rest yet I hate my mummy tummy)

I'm back and editing this

I wore a dress this year for the first time (except my wedding dress) since I was in my very early 20's that's about 15 years

And I finally am not scared of what people think of my bipolar!
Thanks to minimins and the lovely people on here I've learnt that it's NOT something to be ashamed of I am ok to live a life and if people don't like it I can walk away from them

Last edited:
Karen.hat said:
I'm loving this thread! Can't think of three positives yet but I will and I'll come and post them!!

Oh can think of first

I have lost inches off my tummy (not bothered about the rest yet I hate my mummy tummy)

I'm back and editing this

I wore a dress this year for the first time (except my wedding dress) since I was in my very early 20's that's about 15 years

And I finally am not scared of what people think of my bipolar!
Thanks to minimins and the lovely people on here I've learnt that it's NOT something to be ashamed of I am ok to live a life and if people don't like it I can walk away from them

Love love love!!!! :-D

Now tell me more about these inches?! Is it just through diet or exercise too?? Xx

1. My old size 10 jeans fit me. I think they last fit 2 and a half years ago when I split from my husband!
2. I took a pic of me in above jeans and bra (was getting ready) to prove it to my ma, and I think I look pretty good!
3. Once I finish work at 1 I have the apartment to myself for a few hours while t'OH sorts his housing empire (lol) so I can study in peace with no interruptions :D

V good positives today methinks :D

snowwhite85 said:
1. My old size 10 jeans fit me. I think they last fit 2 and a half years ago when I split from my husband!
2. I took a pic of me in above jeans and bra (was getting ready) to prove it to my ma, and I think I look pretty good!
3. Once I finish work at 1 I have the apartment to myself for a few hours while t'OH sorts his housing empire (lol) so I can study in peace with no interruptions :D

V good positives today methinks :D

Wow well done on the jeans, my sister gave me a pair of brand new size 10 levis last week that she doesnt wear and i cant wait til the day comes that they fit me!!

Back