3 stone to go!

Wow I've been soooo far off plan!

I'm joining slimming world tonight with a friend. I'm going to New York and Ibiza this year and I'm determined to not be fat by the time I go. The other half and I have also talked of marriage and I'm not being a fat bride!

I'm giving myself to June to get down to between 8 and 9 stone. I'm around 11 stone at the moment.

I did best when I updated here everyday with my food so I'm going to do that again.

Food today:
Breakfast: Grapes and pineapple
Lunch: Cock-a-leekie soup
Dinner: Chicken stirfry with soy, honey and lemon (3 syns)
Snacks: 3 crabsticks, beetroot, 20 almonds (Hex B), mullerlight
Drinks: Water, tea with milk (Hex A), hot chocolate (2 syns)

A successful first day, I'll weigh in officially tonight.

My plan is to have my beetroot, almonds and mullerlight at around 5:30pm then go straight to the gym from work. After the gym I'll have a small dinner and a hot chocolate before bed.

I weighed in at 11st 2. The last time I'll ever see the 11s with any luck. I want to be under 9 stone.

Food today

Strawberries, pineapple
3 crabsticks
Cock a leekie soup
16 almonds (Hex B)
Beetroot and pickled onions (my go to snack when on a diet!)
Fish, new potatoes and samphire (not decided what fish yet!)
Tea with milk (Hex A)
Mullerlight (1.5 syns)
Hot chocolate (2 syns)

I'm joining the gym tonight too. I'm a bit nervous about getting back into it but it will hopefully be good. I want to go minimum of 3 times a week for 45 minutes as a starting point.

you'll be under 11st next week I expect if you stick to it.

As I said in the autumn, your starting stats / end goal are very similar to mine so I know exactly how amazing that amount of weight changes your life. I put on some over christmas, think I'm like 9st 8 as of Jan 1st end of day but been amazingly good for 5 days so hopefully I'll start to see an improvement!

good luck with the gym, that changed my life too :)

you'll be under 11st next week I expect if you stick to it. As I said in the autumn, your starting stats / end goal are very similar to mine so I know exactly how amazing that amount of weight changes your life. I put on some over christmas, think I'm like 9st 8 as of Jan 1st end of day but been amazingly good for 5 days so hopefully I'll start to see an improvement! good luck with the gym, that changed my life too :)

You've done incredibly! Had a peek at your diary and you do an insane amount of exercise and eat so well. How long has it taken you to get into the 9s? I'm so excited for them, single figures! X

You've done incredibly! Had a peek at your diary and you do an insane amount of exercise and eat so well. How long has it taken you to get into the 9s? I'm so excited for them, single figures! X

I was 10st 6 first week in June and lost roughly 5lbs a month for 4 months. Then got stuck at 9st. Gained half a stone in dec following a 5 day trip to France with insane fine dining at every meal, 20 nights out and 5 all day drinking sessions. I really think was impossible to avoid.

Hoping to be at 9st by around 21st jan and mid 8s by end of feb. By end of April I want the dream body (I know it will never be that but will be as close as I'll get!)

I was 10st 6 first week in June and lost roughly 5lbs a month for 4 months. Then got stuck at 9st. Gained half a stone in dec following a 5 day trip to France with insane fine dining at every meal, 20 nights out and 5 all day drinking sessions. I really think was impossible to avoid. Hoping to be at 9st by around 21st jan and mid 8s by end of feb. By end of April I want the dream body (I know it will never be that but will be as close as I'll get!)

You've been so consistent! Slow and steady wins the race :) You're right about December - definitely impossible to avoid and I think you limited the damage pretty well by the sounds of it. I think with all the gym work and good eating you'll get your dream bod before April xx

You've been so consistent! Slow and steady wins the race :) You're right about December - definitely impossible to avoid and I think you limited the damage pretty well by the sounds of it. I think with all the gym work and good eating you'll get your dream bod before April xx

Ah thanks sam, I hope we both get there :)

Ah thanks sam, I hope we both get there :)
Me too!

Ended up having chicken noodle soup for dinner last night so had fish today.

Pineapple and strawberries
16 almonds (Hex B)
Cock a leekie soup
4 crabsticks
Fish, new potatoes and samphire
Hot choc with marshmallows and cream (5 syns)
Tea and milk (Hex A)

Just read the slimming world magazine cover to cover and feeling very motivated :)

Today
Melon and grapes
Pickled onions
Cock a leekie soup
16 almonds (Hex B)
Mullerlight
Jacket potato with tuna, salad and extra light mayo (3 syns)
Tea and milk (Hex A)

3 syns

I can't shift the feeling that I'm not being restrictive enough. Old habits die hard! I'm planning a perfect menu next week with more fruit and veg as snacks instead of crabsticks, yogurt etc.

Last edited:
Stressful start to the day with no way to get to work. I longed for this day but it's been no fun! Should be able to get there for 10am. Scotland has come to a halt with this weather! It is crazy outside though.

Plan for today
Melon and grapes
16 almonds (Hex B)
Cock a leekie soup (last of it, a bit fed up of it now!)
Fish, chips and peas (3 syns) - really looking forward to this!
Mullerlight

3 syns

Going to the gym straight from work (if I can get home!) I really enjoyed it last night. With the amounts I'm doing right now I don't think it will impact the scales too much but it definitely helps my mood and I'm doing it for the health for than anything at the moment :)

Last edited:
Didn't go to the gym last night as I was so fed up by the time I got home from work. 4 hours waiting on trains in the morning and an hour and a half at night! I'm definitely going today and tomorrow though, no excuses. The aim is to go Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Last night all I wanted was wine and a takeaway but managed to stay focused.

I've not got my food planned today so I need to be careful that I don't mess up. I'm going to go shopping for the week once I've made a meal plan.

I've not quite got my head into slimming world yet. I find it hard to not be in the mind frame of the less eaten the better even if I'm hungry. I'm going to have cucumber and carrot sticks on hand this week. I've been on the scales and it's depressing me. I was 11 st 2 at class fully clothed. Before bed last night fully clothed I was 11 st 1.2 :( This morning naked I'm 10 st 11.8. I know it's going in the right direction but I'm impatient. After today I'm going to start the extra easy sp plan and only have carbs 1 day a week.

Not a great day food wise today - not enough superfree with breakfast and lunch as hadn't been shopping. Will learn and plan Saturday breakfast and lunch for next week so I have something in before I go shopping in the afternoon.

Food:
16 almonds (Hex B)
Pickled onions
Mullerlight
Couscous (1 syn)
Bacon and cheese burger, sweet potato fries and salad (2.5 syns for cheese, 1 for relish, 0.5 for salad dressing)
Raspberries and chocolate mousse (0.5 syns)
Tea and milk (Hex A)
Cereal bar (4.5 syns)

10 syns

Last edited:
Not a good day :( I went to the gym and I didn't know where I was going, so rather than ask someone I got lost then just left upset.

I don't know when my confidence got quite so low :(

Not a good day :( I went to the gym and I didn't know where I was going, so rather than ask someone I got lost then just left upset. I don't know when my confidence got quite so low :(

Oh honey, I feel really sad for you.

I think look at the positive - you got off your backside and went to the gym with the best intentions. Next time you'll do it, I know you will :)

Oh honey, I feel really sad for you. I think look at the positive - you got off your backside and went to the gym with the best intentions. Next time you'll do it, I know you will :)

Thanks - I feel a bit pathetic now! Things always seem so silly when you're out of the situation though eh. Tomorrow will be better!

Back