3 Week Challenge on each plan seeking Members!!!

lucylu I love to join you on this challange but I do not know how EE works as i am doing the plan on my own using old books.
would it be possible to explain it to me how it works please.

lucylu I love to join you on this challange but I do not know how EE works as i am doing the plan on my own using old books.
would it be possible to explain it to me how it works please.

Ok, so its a little bit complex but once you've got it its great! There are loads of threads on SW explaining how to do EE for beginners and I definately recommend you try and read them...Even I, who have been doing SW for months didn't know things until I read that thread!

Basically though EE is the plan whereby you can eat red and green together as long as the third of the plate is from the superfree list which basically is your veg/salad and fruit.

EG You can have extra lean chilli with rice as long as the third of the plate is salad/veg.

You do only get 1 HEA and 1HEB though and thats what some people can't do without - also some find the 1/3rd hard to implement sometimes and so they have fruit afterwards which some will say isn't what the plans about - I personally don't do that. fruit before a meal however - Yes thats fine as if your getting full on the superfree then your less likely to overeat on the other red/green foods on your plate.

I've just read that back, it doesn't make much sense for a beginner i'm sorry! I'm going to find you a good thread and let you know!!!

:D

Try this:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Oh and good luck!!!

Have to say that normally I do Red days if i've over endulged and I always feel better after 2 days, not this time! I look soo bloated and the scales aren't being kind either!!!

Anyway, here's my food so far today:

Banana
HEA - S. milk for coffee and tea (lots of - baby woke 5 times last night)

HEB - 2 x WW 400g bread with Bacon (fat removed) and Mushrooms.

Drinks - 1 Pint Water with NAS Squash.

I've got a whole chicken for tea so hubby and I are going to have peri peri spatchcock chicken hopefully! Popping into town to get some nice fresh salad to bo with it, hubby will want chips but I must resist!!! Do miss some free sw chips mind!!!

Edited to say the chicken was devine, had it with a massive salad with free dressing and enjoyed it very much!!

Syns - 15 on Rum, perhaps a few more as hubby didn't measure mine, whoops!!!

Last edited:
Morning all,

Thought i'd better update on what I eat yesterday before I forget and think I had a good day - Not so much! Went to my dads for a party with buffet food - I tried my hardest to resist and make the better choices but failed:cry:

Here's my food for yesterday:

HEA - 30g Cheddar Cheese, 375ml Milk

HEB - 2 x Kingsmill Wholemeal Rolls (8.5 syns each) but i'm hoping that 6 would be for my healthy extra and 2.5 syns each??

Bacon, mushrooms, egg, plum toms and ww cumberland sausage (0.5 syn)

Buffet (here it all goes wrong)
2 x white finger rolls - 1 turkey, 1 beef.
2 x small cocktail sausages 3, scotch egg 7.
Not really a whole lot of food for so many syns!!:mad:

For tea we had burgers and salad which were gorgeous, I think thats why I got a bit down when I worked out the syns i'd had at the buffet - I mean yeah it was nice but I enjoy my SW meals so much more!!!
I didn't want to get all down about it and so I just moved on and continued on plan.

Syns - 5 for bread say, 0.5 sausage, 14 white rolls, cocktail sausages 3, scotch egg 7, vodka and diet coke 7.5.

A whoping 37, perhaps more!!!!

Oh well todays a new day, i've got loads of housework to do and hoping to get on the exercise bike whilst hubby's watching the footie later.

Hope everyone's ok!!!:)

Can I start on Tuesday after my weigh in tomorrow. I will start on red too if that's ok? Thanks, Jacqui x

For my milk I measure it out in a old washed out carton the night before and keep it in the fridge. HTH :) xx

Can I start on Tuesday after my weigh in tomorrow. I will start on red too if that's ok? Thanks, Jacqui x

Yeah sure!!! I think i'm going to try this a good few times before I decide if any 'one' plan suites me more.

I am sooo looking forward to EE next wed's though, i've missed my chips!!:D

Can some1 please explain this thread? Does it matter what order u do ans in ?whats the green and red in simple terms

Can some1 please explain this thread? Does it matter what order u do ans in ?whats the green and red in simple terms

Hi Febbabe - First Question, Do you do Slimming World??

The purpose of my thread is just to set myself, and anyone who else wants to join me in a little challenge to see which plan, if any, works best for me and you - If you want to join in. And as Slimming World has 3 plans, I thought id set a 3 week challenge.

Your welcome to join, start whenever etc.

x-x

Hi lucylou,i do slumming world extra easy since end oct and have lost 10 lbs.im a 20 year yoyo dieter and have done every diet out there.i know sw works but i keep giving into tempation.bread and choc being my MAJOR downfall.i would like to lose a stone before i get pregnant in the next month (hopefully).i know it can b done.i just need to stick to it.and ur idea sounded interestin.i have my weighin on tuesmorn and wud like to start then

Here's my food diary for today:

HEA - Skimmed Milk
Banana, Apple and plum

Vegetable soup - anything I had left over thats free on red!!! Yummy too!!!

Beef dinner with brocolli, swede and carrots, spring greens, roasted beetroot and carrot, free gravy made with onions and stock pot (1st time - liked it too!!)
HEB - 230g Potato with skin. HEB - 200g parsnips.
Shame the beef was tough as old boots - I've complained to the on-line delivery firm and hope to get either free delivery or a small refund, worth a try as we had to throw most of it away!!! :mad:

Syns - 15 on red wine which i'm very much enjoying.

I've had too many syns for sure, I usually stick to 5-10 per day and so I must be good until weigh in if I want any kind of loss!!!:rolleyes:

Sorry, ive been AWOL for a while, had a lot going on. Back at work now so seem to have a bit more routine to keep me on track. The past few days have been a whirlwind and ive been totally off plan, but today is day one and im proper focussed. Admittedly my dinner isnt ideal but we have stuff to use and id rather have one meal off plan rather than waste decent food.

B: bacon, mushroom and onion omelette with hxa cheese
S: banana
S: yog
L: smoked salmon salad
S: yog
S: grapes
S: ryvitas and phili (HXA and B)
D: rack of ribs with naughty unsynable cheesy bread. I could afford to have hxb chips with it too, just to use my 2nd hxb up but i dont need it so im going to leave it today.

hope everyone else has been doing better than me.

Hey all,

Had a busy day today, wanted to do some exercise but too busy!!

Here's my diary for today:

Pineapple, Banana, apple and 2 plums.

HEA - Milk for tea and coffee

HEB - Ham Sandwich

Lamb chops, carrot, swede, HEB 230g roast potatoes, beetroot, spring greens, syn free gravy.

Syns - Mustard (1) V&T (8) Tut Tut, on a school night too!

Wednesday weigh in is looming and I don't feel like i've lost any :-(

Last edited:
Hi there,

Well, I've done pretty well sticking to SW (lost 3lbs on Sunday, whoop whoop), but I'm afraid I have had to 'cheat' on the challenge and have a couple of extra easy days to fit in with the family and stuff. I'm afraid I don't think I was made to do whole weeks of any one plan - I'd prefer to mix it up and alternate depending on what is convenient. So while I'm really interested to see which works best, I'm going to bow out! Will keep following the thread and see how it works out though!

A xxx

Hi

Im really interested to follow this thread, i am new to this forum - but not new to SW joined in September and mostly follow Extra Easy although I would like to try some green and red after a 8 1/2lb over xmas :cry::cry:

Tuesday 10th january
Stayed to my plan yesterday, so am pleased with myself, even if it wasnt totally to sw rules, it was better than recent days. Today looks better.

B: bacon, mushroom, onion omelette with hxa cheese
S: banana, apple, yog
L: salad, maybe with smoked salmon. Salad cream
S: ryvitas and phili (hxa & b)
D: ribs and veggie stir fry

Back