30 Day Shred Challenge!

Kellie_ said:
I'm about half way thru this, I've done level 2 the whole time (still kicking my bum), apart from 2 days off due to that bug I've noticed a big changed in how my body looks, I may not of lost much but I have inches (just a shame I didn't measure)

Well done. So are you about 15 days into it ?

I'm going to start shredding too!! Ok, plan is to squeeze this workout in every morning, as I normally go to the gym after work. Day 1 starts tomorrow :)

That's fab! Don't get disheartened, if your cal counting then everything will fall into place but you may 'weigh' more for a while and the scales will catch up x check your measurements, I'm sure they will be going down :)

I managed to complete day 4 :) I had my 5 year old doing it with me! So cute x

Ty for reply, cute that your 5 year old tries to do it too, I just have my dog sniffing my face while trying to do press ups lol
I should stay away from the scales and I feel much better doing the workouts, good luck

I had a quick look at level 2 so I know what's to come, level 1 still kicking my butt so think ill stay for a bit longer, gl everyone we will all be toned for summer!!!

ceridwen said:
I'm going to start shredding too!! Ok, plan is to squeeze this workout in every morning, as I normally go to the gym after work. Day 1 starts tomorrow :)

Good luck.

I did level one today then had a look at level two and ended up doing that too. It seems more enjoyable than level one.

Having a blow out Chinese tonight now

Day 5 done! :)
Have to decide what to do tomorrow now..... I normally do a circuit training class on Mondays for 1hr and wondering if I should do the class as well as JM or just one. I know I will benefit more by doing both, weight loss wise, but will I risk overdoing it and not being up to doing anything at all on Tuesday?

Well I ache today.

Maybe you could do both but just put less effort in ??
Or leave a big gap inbetween workouts ?

DD1 is off school sick today so I'm not at work, giving me more time to do JM AND still go to my class tonight :) the downside being I went to bed at gone midnight and wide awake at 4.45am to hear her whimpering and then throwing up :-( I'm shattered already!
Well done for day 8. I'm going to have a look at level 2 today to see what I'm in for ;-)

Didn't manage to complete it this morning, set my alarm for 5.30am, but it's way too early for exercising.... Gonna do it tonight instead after my spinning class! (hopefully)

wobbly tum! said:
DD1 is off school sick today so I'm not at work, giving me more time to do JM AND still go to my class tonight :) the downside being I went to bed at gone midnight and wide awake at 4.45am to hear her whimpering and then throwing up :-( I'm shattered already!
Well done for day 8. I'm going to have a look at level 2 today to see what I'm in for ;-)

Oh dear, I hope she feels better soon. It's horrid when they are ill isn't it ? I just completed day 8 whilst ds2 was asleep. I sounded like an old man puffing away but am so glad I did it. I did level 2 again. Do you have a fitbit ? I love mine. Well hope little lady gives you a lie in tomorrow.

Oh dear, I hope she feels better soon. It's horrid when they are ill isn't it ? I just completed day 8 whilst ds2 was asleep. I sounded like an old man puffing away but am so glad I did it. I did level 2 again. Do you have a fitbit ? I love mine. Well hope little lady gives you a lie in tomorrow.

I don't have one no, does it tell you how many calories you burnt? I didn't want to waste money but wished I'd prepped the girls to tell daddy about it for mothers day!
I'm waiting for DD2 to go to pre school then I'll get DD1 off to sleep again and hopefully fit in 30DS or a sleep!
Unfortunately no chance of me having a lie in tomorrow :-( I'm a childminder so once DD is well enough I'll have to get back to work and my first mindee gets here at 7.30 am :(But I will be in bed straight after the girls tonight!
Is level 2 a lot more intense? or just a bit? I'm still pushing myself to complete level 1 but I think I should be able to move up by day 10. When I started I was worried that I'd never be able to do it but I'm obviously a bit fitter than I thought I was! Or more pig headed and stubborn and won't give up :rolleyes:

Day 6 done - I really struggled through it but I'm glad I did :D

Yay, well done for doing day 6.

With regards to the fitbit yes it does tell you how many calories you burn. It cost a lot of money but so worth it as it gives me the extra push to burn more calories by doing more exercise.

Level two is quite a big step up but if you follow the easier lady it isn't too bad. Just when you think I can't do anymore then jillian moves onto something else so yes more intense but I really feel worked out by the end of it.

I think I'll wait till next week then! LOL :)
Out of interest, if you don't mind me asking, how many cals do you burn doing 30DS? On level 1 and 2?
I know it varies from person to person but I'm just logging it on mfp under 'circuit training, general' and it comes out at 194cals. Is that close? I'm not sure I trust it!

It is hard to say but I'd say between 175 and 215 depending on how hard I work. Not much difference for me on calories burnt per level. Hth x

It is hard to say but I'd say between 175 and 215 depending on how hard I work. Not much difference for me on calories burnt per level. Hth x

Thank you :) mfp is probably about right then. I never eat all my cals back anyway so it'll be fine :)

I went to my fitness class too so I've logged 70 minutes of general circuit training today. Feeling very pleased with myself and also fairly sore! They really pushed us tonight with the focus on abs. No pain eh?!

I'm grumpy ! Have put on a pound and a bit. Looking on the net everyone says it is probably muscle but still not happy.

Back