30 Day Shred Challenge!

I'm grumpy ! Have put on a pound and a bit. Looking on the net everyone says it is probably muscle but still not happy.

If it makes you feel any happier I weighed this morning too and I'm 2lb up :-( #majorgrupmattack!
I'm trying to not panic though as I have defo not eaten over my cals so it can't be a REAL weight gain BUT I'm worried that when I weighed in last friday my 4.5lbs loss wasn't a true loss.....
I know I 'feel' slimmer although the tape measure isn't showing any loss either.......
Drink, drink and drink some more! Push on and we will have bikini bods come the summer x

Summer ? What's that ? It's soooo cold today. Just walked ds1 to school and we both froze.

With regards to weight gain I guess it is just our bodies adjusting. Maybe we shouldn't weigh ourselves till the 30 days are up and just concentrate on how we feel rather than a figure on some scales although I am a bit of a scales addict.

I also confess to being a daily weigher *hangs head in shame* :)
I said that yesterday that I wouldn't weigh until Friday but I fell at the first hurdle! LOL, I'm pretty useless if truth be told :D

Makes me glad I don't have to go outside today (DD1 still sick) except to the bunnies in the garden and the tumble dryer in the garage! We're still holed up watching DVD's :)

Much better thank you :) She did too and I thought this morning she would be better but she's been laying on the sofa all morning whimpering in pain (tummy) so I gave her a bath to try to perk her up a bit but it didn't work. She threw up again about 30 minutes ago too and it seems to have made her feel a little better, strange!

Better out than in as they say. Let's hope she is ok for tomorrow. Just completed day 9. Didn't want to do it but glad I did. Are you going to do any of the other dvds after this one ?

Not sure yet, I may just use one of the ones I have here to work on my abs (my real hang up!). I have the 10 minute Solution Ones which are easier to fit in around the children. I'm running out of time to fit in todays shred and need to get the children in to bed so I can pinch the TV/DVD before hubby settles down for his evenings viewing. Although I could make him do it too ;-)

(just logged all my food for today and I'm 274 cals over my allowance. Even with the dvd workout I'm still going to have eaten too much :-( I haven't drunk enough water today and as a result I've picked at absolutely everything!)

Well, managed to get the dvd in last night so that's day 7 done :) Finish my 10 days on Friday but I'm not sure I'll move up to level 2 just yet...... I'm still not finding it 'easy' and still struggle with a couple of the moves. Are you supposed to do it every day with no break/day off? My body is tired :-(

Well done for doing it. Yes I think you are meant to do it non stop but just do what you can. Just done day 10 and had a huge Chinese buffet afterwards so I now feel huge.

Well done for doing it. Yes I think you are meant to do it non stop but just do what you can. Just done day 10 and had a huge Chinese buffet afterwards so I now feel huge.

Lol! I've done day 8 on level 1 and actually did the first set on level 2 but OMG! I'm really not sure I can do that on Saturday..... What's with the walking into a press up thing???:confused:

Well done. Yes the walking press up thing. I really struggle with that one. Level two has a lot of plank type exercises. Have you weighed yourself again ? I'm hiding the scales from myself.

Yep, this morning.....another nasty lb showing but I'm going to carry on until next week and then reassess the situation. Must admit though that I've been picking more today with a kind of 'why not' attitude :-/

Your probably more hungry because u are working out more, have done a couple of days on level 2 and quite like it as it seems to end quicker, level 1 I am praying for it to end, had to miss a day but back to it today and abs feel really sore

I'm having a day of "what the hell"! I've already had a croissant from breakfast :-0 and I'm going to see what happens.
I was looking through all the 'science' stuff last night and TDEE and BMR etc and according to that my BMR is 1496 so I wonder if I'm eating too little with the increased exercise. I'm going to up to 1400 cals and see if anything changes. If I go up again though I'm afraid I'll probably stop the exersice as I was losing before I started and now I'm not :-(
Oh well another day, another lb.... hopefully in the rigt direction this time!
x

I'm having a day of "what the hell"! I've already had a croissant from breakfast :-0 and I'm going to see what happens.
I was looking through all the 'science' stuff last night and TDEE and BMR etc and according to that my BMR is 1496 so I wonder if I'm eating too little with the increased exercise. I'm going to up to 1400 cals and see if anything changes. If I go up again though I'm afraid I'll probably stop the exersice as I was losing before I started and now I'm not :-(
Oh well another day, another lb.... hopefully in the rigt direction this time!
x

Did u do measurements befor you started ? I haven't lost any either, well 1/2 pound but it came back the next day lol but have lost 2 inches from waist and 1 from belly and bum and feel better and have muscles I never knew I had!!

Did u do measurements befor you started ? I haven't lost any either, well 1/2 pound but it came back the next day lol but have lost 2 inches from waist and 1 from belly and bum and feel better and have muscles I never knew I had!!

Yep, I measure every couple of days (always have done) but even that's stopped too. so either my tape measure has stretched or I'm just not losing anything. I'm off for a swim tonight (1000m) so will see what happens on the scales tomorrow with that and upping the cals.
I'm just a little disappointed as I'm putting a lot of effort in and seemingly getting no return. I was hoping to have got nearer to 11st by the time I go on holiday on 30th but it seems like that won't happen :-(

Aww so sorry you are feeling let down, yesterday did the shred, went for an hours dog walk, kids went in the park and I went on the outdoor gym , I ate under my cals and I didn't get rewarded on the scales either, only the inch loss that's keeping me going

Enjoy your swim and hope u get a good loss for your hols

I've not had a loss for weeks due to going off the rails :eek: but I've been soooo good food wise that I was sure I'd have a good couple of weeks at least. Last Friday weigh in showed 5lbs off and I was very happy but not too shocked as first weeks weight losses are normally high. Then this week the scales have told me I've put on 3 lbs. I don't know what to believe. Was last weeks WI a mistake? Is the 3lb gain not real? :confused: I'll keep plodding along and see what happens but I am a bit upset :cry:

BTW - Well done with your losses, they're fab! we have similar stats and I sooo wish I was in the 10's like you :D
x

Day 9 done. Now off for a swim :)

Back