30 Day Shred - Join me if you dare!! (Started 25.08.13)

I have no idea what ill eat in work tomorrow.. All I have to eat is bean flakes, milk and protein shake :/ lol what do you guys eat to keep fibre levels up?!

lol kellmo, doubt you bum's anywhere near your knees! I know all about unused gym membership (how many months I've paid and not gone once!) but you're welcome anytime!

Hi Cath, you're v welcome to join us, I've never done the 30 day shred but some of these ladies tell me it's great (and so does most of the internet!). Check out loads of info on atkins on here, at the top go to 'forum', 'other diet options', then Atkins. There are loads of recipes, people sharing diaries, etc. There's a great thread called, "so you're thinking of starting Atkins", great post, amongst others. Have a rifle through those threads and they will give you lots of help. Good luck, Atkins really works for me, hope it does for you too!

I'm going for it starting tomorrow hope you don't mind a SNS on this page x x

Lyndzi76 - SnS
MrsE13 -
Jonsgirl80 -
kimmi1982 -
DropAndGimme80 -
AtkinsFTW - Day 1 - Level 1 - Atkins

I'm starting tomorrow too......... I thought I would just have a quick look in the DVD cupboard as I remember buying the Davina workouts a few years ago, and what did I find...............
Still sealed with a few teeth marks where the doggy got it!!! All ready to go tomorrow!! Xx

Attachments

• image-1518114917.jpg
    image-1518114917.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 112
I can't remember what weights I used the last time I did this.

I have 1lb x 2
2lb x 2
3lb x 2

I think I use 3?

I'm definitely in. I've been waiting for some inspiration to start the shred program again, managed six days before and gave up. I have 30 days to my holiday and planning to start tomorrow as I'm in bed now lol.

I'll let you know how I get on. Oooo I'm excited and feeling like everything is coming together at the moment.

Thanks for starting this thread hun x

Hi guys!

Count me in. I'm going to start tomorrow, so I'll take my photo, weight.
I'm also going to measure waist/hips/bust.

:)

Do you all do Atkins (this post was posted on Atkins forum) as I am going to begin Atkins tomorrow as well!

I do Atkins (but I also calorie count with it). I weigh in on Mondays so I will weigh in tomorrow and start tomorrow as well.

All welcome Lyndzi, join the fray! You can do any diet, or none and still do this with us. I'm just so happy I've had a good response from you lovely people!

Kimmi, fab news you found the DVD, saves having to find it on utube! I thought maybe you could burn them off on computer then save to your iPad then you can do it in the kitchen!

Suesgonnadoit, great to have inspired you to join, we can push past 6 days this time, yes we can! If you hear me flagging or not posting challenge me, I can't give up either!

MrsE, did u increase weights with each level? That's a good idea!? I actually didn't use any weights yesterday, just my hands. Will use them today. I have 1lb weight in the house, will have to buy the other two.

Day two for me, I am feeling it in my legs especially and in my lower tummy, which is great.

Suesgonnadoit - Day - Level -
Lyndzi76 - Day - Level - SnS
MrsE13 - Day - Level - Atkins
Jonsgirl80 - Day - Level -
kimmi1982 - Day - Level - Atkins
DropAndGimme80 - Day - Level - Atkins
AtkinsFTW - Day 2 - Level 1 - Atkins

Come on everyone, let's give it all we have in today's workout, it's only 20 minutes of your life! Work it to the max! What do they say, "if you haven't fainted, puked or died you've no excuse to stop!"

Last edited:
Lyndzi76 - Day 2 - Level 1 - SnS
Jonsgirl80 - Day - Level -
kimmi1982 - Day 1 Level 1 - Atkins

Just done my first one.......... Ow, I can feel it already!!! Xx

Lyndzi76 - Day 2 - Level 1 - SnS
Jonsgirl80 - Day 1- Level 1 -Atkins

Ok, decided I was just making excuses so I sent hubby and the little one out for half an hour and I've done it! Feel mega proud of myself but seriously OWWWWWWWW!!!!! Don't remember it hurting so much last time.

I got hubby to take a "before" picture earlier but I nearly cried when I saw it. OMG do I really look like that!!! :-(

Last edited:
Lyndzi76 - Day 1 - Level 1 - SnS

Day 1 done - man that was a killer, it's highlighted to me how fat I actually am. I sounded like a stampeding herd of elephant's!!

Omg I only got half way through yesterday and when I lay down for the crunches I couldnt get up haha u ladies are amazing ive decided im going to do it 4 days a week when my fellas in work and if he pops out when hes off I will slip it in there 2, thank god hes off to day coz I wobbled down the stairs for painkillers as soon as I woke up, didnt help that my toddler decided to sleep in our bed last night feet in my back :) but im 27 and 5 foot 7 ,10stone6 so not im not really overweaight and one day wiped me out I really dont know how the bigger ladies do it your obviousely more healthy then me :) ps im sitting on my side coz my bum hurts......ouch! :)

Dose it get any easier after a few days??

Well done lyndzi! I know what you mean about herd of elephants, I do mine on wooden floors, wonder what the people below must think, lol... Ps. I weary spanx and a tight sports bra when I do this to hold it in place!

Day 3 for me, I have to be honest I'm hurting, especially the tummy but I am so happy about that as I know that is what needs toning the most. I've also been having a bp coffee before my workouts. I cut out coffee completely a week ago and now only have 1 a day before my work out to help me push to the max, it is helping!

Lyndzi76 - Day 1 - Level 1 - SnS
MrsE13 - Day - Level -
AtkinsFTW - Day 3 - Level 1 - Atkins

Last edited:
Oh shame sillysta! Hope the painkillers help! I am only on day 3 but maybe the other ladies can comment who have done it before?

Do you do the advanced or modified moves for beginners? I'm doing the modified and will work my way up to the advanced moves.

I am loving today's workout, I can't believe how much fitter I am today than day 1, and it's only day 3!?

Tmi alert : boy did I sweat buckets today! It feels so good to work out again, I used to be a real gym bunny before we owned the sweet shop and I had two kids, nice to be working hard n sweating for that reason!

Yep I'm happy to say it gets easier. I found days 2 3 and 4 the hardest as I was aching from day one but after that I found it much easier.

Back