30 day shred - start with me and we can push through together!!

Jo2982 said:
Day 2 complete.....I started the level 1 following Natalie n by end of circuit 1 I was thinking omg u idiot, stuck with it(apart from the press ups, I am nowhere near able to do them yet).
My legs are feeling it n I'm really dreading getting up tomorrow but I'm determined to stick with it

How brave are you lol. I'm sticking with the Anita version. I have had really bad aches in my legs but they gone now. Found having baths really helped x

MissAshleyK said:
Whoa go you!! Well done! :D

Yeah go me lol. I bet when I get my DVD back and it's time for level 2 I will be no where near as dedicated. I can still remember it :)

Well done for remembering Caldil!!! That really is dedication !!! I found when I put my tunes on my ipod and muted Jill I worked out harder too and felt much more up for it!! lol... MIght have just been a one off day though! lol!!..

I hope the aches ease up for all of you who are walking with a waddle or crabbing it down the stairs!! Luckily I didn't get it too bad in the achy leg department but have heard many who have had it and have heard it does die down alot for people by around day 5.. Others have said earlier so fingers crossed as your body gets used to it things will ease up. I find a cool shower has been helping me after my workouts but I have to go in shortly after my workout.

I have heard different reccomendations about heat and cold showers/baths etc... what are all you doing after your workouts to help those muscles? x

Jo2982 said:
Lol this made me chuckle as I can relate to your post. I had a very bizarre idea once to do a session of body pump at the gym and I could barely walk back down the stairs to leave when it was finished. I honestly thought my legs were going to give way from under me hahaha

Good luck with the shower helping lol

It didn't help. Lol
Going for a wee is a task in its self. The tops of my thighs are killing, so getting on and off is a chore!! And I thought I was okay fitness wise. Don't go to the gm or anything. But do gym ball, weights and exercise bike. Plus have two little ones. And done one hour fitness DVDs before and been fine. But oh no, twenty minutes of that and I feel like my limbs are not part of my body!! Just hope it gets easier!

Jo2982 said:
Day 2 complete.....I started the level 1 following Natalie n by end of circuit 1 I was thinking omg u idiot, stuck with it(apart from the press ups, I am nowhere near able to do them yet).
My legs are feeling it n I'm really dreading getting up tomorrow but I'm determined to stick with it

I'm dreading the morning too!!!! And have to carry my little one down the stairs and she's no light weight. I think the bum shuffle down the stairs may be in order!!!

I have heard different reccomendations about heat and cold showers/baths etc... what are all you doing after your workouts to help those muscles? x

Cold shower for heat but I don't go in straight away. I cool myself down a little bit and then go in. Otherwise I'm still sweating in the shower and even afterwards and that's not nice!

Hot bath/soak for muscle aches tho. If you workout in the morning, maybe have a cold shower afterwards and if you can manage, have a soak before bedtime? x

I took my measurements yesterday(day 1) and I took a few photos to compare against as I progress through the shred. I reckon I will measure myself again tomorrow n maybe every 2-3 days......or is that too often??

LilmissMunchies said:
Wow really sounds like your suffering with those legs hun!! :( What do you usually do before and after the shred? xx

Ummmmmm....... Nothing! Should I be doing something?
I've woke up this morning and they still ache but no where near as bad.

Jo2982 said:
I took my measurements yesterday(day 1) and I took a few photos to compare against as I progress through the shred. I reckon I will measure myself again tomorrow n maybe every 2-3 days......or is that too often??

I've taken measurements and pics, I was thinking about redoing it on day one of the next two levels. The scales are crap though, I've somehow put weight on!

kayla81 said:
I've taken measurements and pics, I was thinking about redoing it on day one of the next two levels. The scales are crap though, I've somehow put weight on!

I don't think I can wait that long to do that hahahaha. I might measure myself tomorrow n then see if there is any difference.

As for the weight gain, your probably retaining water specially if your legs ache that bad. Although it could be muscle which weighs heavier than fat

kayla81 said:
Day three. An it actually does get easier.
Thought I'd watch level two. It's looking a bit scary!

I'm not starting level 2 until I get to day 7 I reckon.....she mentions day 7 or 8 in the level 1 so I figure that is the norm. But saying that I will see how I get on with it n if it's getting easy then I will move up

I'm not using weights cos I havent got any so just been using tins of beans(guess its better than nothing)

Jo2982 said:
I don't think I can wait that long to do that hahahaha. I might measure myself tomorrow n then see if there is any difference.

As for the weight gain, your probably retaining water specially if your legs ache that bad. Although it could be muscle which weighs heavier than fat

It is norm not to notice much change in weight its more inches. The last time I did it I didn't loose weight till the 2nd week and when i completed it all in all it was 8lb i lost and think it was about 16 inches in total. I've been told muscle doesn't actually weigh more than fat as a lb is a lb. it's more dense so it's smaller in size hence the inch loss eg a lb of butter looks a lot less than a lb of flour they weigh the same but they look completely different quantitys to the eye xx

Day 3 completed and its starting 2 feel easier

Jo2982 said:
I'm not starting level 2 until I get to day 7 I reckon.....she mentions day 7 or 8 in the level 1 so I figure that is the norm. But saying that I will see how I get on with it n if it's getting easy then I will move up

I'm not using weights cos I havent got any so just been using tins of beans(guess its better than nothing)

First time round I didn't have weights so just used tins of beans so don't think it's the end of the world. Also if you use tins this time then decide to complete it again then you could get weights for the 2nd round to give your body an extra push. That's how I've done it. Must admit I did prefer the beans lol :)

image-4078760693.jpg

Thought might be interesting :)

Jo2982 said:

I wish I'd never watched it now. Sort of scared of starting it. Looks like it requires upper strength and mine is shockingly bad.
The only weights I have are 3.5kgs, they hurt so much. I'm thinking no pain no gain. Lol
You start level two on day 10 and then level three on day 20. Can't even envision day twenty at the moment. A day at a time for me I think.

Jo2982 said:

I'm hanging on to measure, if there's not a difference I think I'd jack it in!!! I HATE exercise.
Never thought it could be water retention. My legs are so bad...... And I thought I was alright fitness wise, this goes to show I'm not.

Back