30 day shred - start with me and we can push through together!!

That's a great pic to show the difference, although it does make me cringe a little lol

Well I finished my last day of the shred yesterday for about a week. I can really feel it in my legs but mostly my stomach muscles when I reach for things haha. I'm definately just gonna restart from day 1 I think, I also think I'm going to skip swimming to get the full 10 days in quickly - I probably should have just waited to start next week but I wanted to just start as soon as possible and I've done 3 days (or 4) plus swimming twice since I started.

I cannot believe that by this time on Saturday morning I will be on my way for my 9 mile walk up the devils staircase then to my wee cabin thing and then doing 16 miles from Kinlochleven to Fort William, I must be mad. I weigh 16st 6lbs at the minute and I think the heaviest after me is about 12st LOL I'm just hoping that all my swimming and increased excerise for the last few months will mean I won't struggle too much - plus I figure The Devils Staircase can't be worse than Jillian (sorry Jill lol).

Wow now that is some walk. Your braver than me. I walk my dog about 2 miles a day and I find that tiring enough lol. Good luck with your walk and keep us all posted how you get on. We will still be here when your ready to start again ( hopefully with not to many horror story's about level 2 lol) xx :)

Omg the fat/muscle comparison pic does look really gross..the fat!!! You'd think we'd all be as fit as a fiddle carrying however many 14lbs of fat we have!! lol..

Good luck on your walkathon Lorna!!! I did a 11 mile walk (some people are actually debating 13 miles) for The Midnight Walk for the Hospice Of St Francis last year and I power walked the whole way and I was around 15 1/2 stone then (at a guess) and surprisingly I didn't feel any pain until the very end, the last 1/2 mile really hurt my legs lol.. But I was so surprised i'd power walked it with my sis all the way and it took us around 2hr 45 mins .. It does surprise you how much your body pushes you to the limits!!

To think I did that walk and didn't hurt too badly afterwards but I struggled this morning with day 5!! Day 4 was alot easier for me and I was very ready for day 5 but when it came (had a rest day yesterday) it was such a struggle! Worse than day 1! lol.. I had been up last night on and off with achy painful arms (had this before the shred but it had eased off alot recently) and when it came to meeting Jillian downstairs this morning at 8am today, I had to push myself to do anything and had to stop on and off and march it out for a few seconds before attempting to push on!! It was definitely because on my achy arms that have been a problem before and they actually felt worse than my knees this morning! (sheeesh I sound like I am falling apart!!! lol.. What with my back too but that hasn't been badly effected by the 30DS..little mini yay..)
So I am hoping things will ease up alot for me by tomorrow morning!!

Kayla regarding what I do before and after - It was just to see if you did any extra stretches before or had a soak in the bath or a shower after to help the muscles that was all as sometimes a soak in the bath helps?

Deep heat seems to help me with my arms and I actually forgot to put it on this morning as I hadn't used it for a few days as havn't felt like I needed it but will apply some tonight definitely! It doesn't give me relief in a way I would like as i'd like it to take away the ache completely but it does give me some relief from feeling quite so sore and stiff.
I have been prescribed ibuprofen a few months bad for my joint pain but don't tend to take it everyday as havn't needed to as my pains have eased but I have a feeling now I am exercising it has aggravated the pains and I might have to think about starting them again for a bit??

I am going to definitely take measurements today but feel I wont be getting a true reading now?!! But better than not at all I suppose :sigh: .
Or do I start again and measure my inch loss from now?? Or is that just madness!! ... I'm guessing the second !!! haha!! ..

ahaha I'm like you, I would start again lol I'm starting again after my walk, cause clearly I don't punish myself enough. I think that it would be okay to continue on and take your measurements and you would still see an amazing inch loss over the 30 days anyways.

I am definately staying on level 1 until I have follow mostly the unmodifed version, I'm not bothered if it takes me longer than the 30 days anyways.

Caldil said:
I was actually thinking of staying on level 1 the whole 30 days lol. Must admit when I last did it I actually found level 3 easier than level 2 ( level 2 is the devil. :)

I just started level three and also prefer it to level two...strange

debtin said:
I just started level three and also prefer it to level two...strange

When I last did it and had done level 2 I was dreading level 3 thinking no Jill your going to kill me, I was pleasantly surprised. I see level 3 to be on a similar par with level 1 but its seems better as you've had 20 days to prepare. Through reading reviews on the net most people have the most inch loss through level 1 which seems

Odd as you would think it would be more level 2. If I remember rightly I mostly sat and watched level 2 even tho Jillian says not for more than 5 secs lol :)

Day 3 of the shred complete.....struggled a bit today n had to have a 5 second breather n really push myself to keep going.
I'm getting a bit better at the pushups though n I did most of the level 1 following Natalie so must be getting a little better I suppose

My shoulders & biceps seem to be hurting more than my legs today so must have worked them harder.

Having a quick rest then gonna make a start on some cleaning n prepare dinner.

Day 9 done. Still get a sweat on but not in pain anymore :)

Well I got up at 6 to do day 3, and stupidly, stupidly thought I'll see what stage two is like. I had nothing to do tonight so thought I'd give it a go....... Big mistake. My legs hurt more than yesterday. No where else hurts really so I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to end up with legs like a rugby player by day 30!

kayla81 said:
Well I got up at 6 to do day 3, and stupidly, stupidly thought I'll see what stage two is like. I had nothing to do tonight so thought I'd give it a go....... Big mistake. My legs hurt more than yesterday. No where else hurts really so I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to end up with legs like a rugby player by day 30!

Well I stuck to level 1 but followed Natalie apart from the press ups n I really struggled to do the 2nd circuit but surprisingly the 3rd wasn't too bad.
I'm not moving to level 2 yet I darent look at it haha

Jo2982 said:
Well I stuck to level 1 but followed Natalie apart from the press ups n I really struggled to do the 2nd circuit but surprisingly the 3rd wasn't too bad.
I'm not moving to level 2 yet I darent look at it haha

I thought it was going to be really bad. As in I wouldn't be able to do it. It's was actually okay. And I'm sort of glad I did it. My legs have eased up a lot today. Haven't done it this morning as the kids decided to get up early. Will do it at dinner time when the little ones asleep.
I can't do the press ups either. Doubt I ever will!
Good luck with today's session.

Day 4 completed

Yay for everyone moving on through the days :) won't be long I'll be re-joining you :)

Day 10 done :)

10 day result

0.5 left arm (top) 0.5 inch right arm (top)
0.5 inch left forearm 0.5 inch right forearm
0.5 inch left calf. 0.5 inch right calf
1 inch left thigh 1 inch right thigh
3 inch waist (above belly button)
4 inch stomach (across belly button)
1.5 inch bum. 1.5 inch hips
2 inch under chest 1.5 inch over chest

Grand total so far 18.5 inches lost :) :) :)

Must note i an also doing the 6 week kettle worx programme as well xx

10 day result

0.5 left arm (top) 0.5 inch right arm (top)
0.5 inch left forearm 0.5 inch right forearm
0.5 inch left calf. 0.5 inch right calf
1 inch left thigh 1 inch right thigh
3 inch waist (above belly button)
4 inch stomach (across belly button)
1.5 inch bum. 1.5 inch hips
2 inch under chest 1.5 inch over chest

Grand total so far 18.5 inches lost :) :) :)

Well done, you must be so please with those results in 10 days :) your such an inspiration :)

Back