30 day shred - start with me and we can push through together!!

I'm using 1kg ones but depending on what the other levels are like, I might need heavier ones. Have you tried using 500ml water bottles or tins of beans/tomatoes?

MissAshleyK said:
I'm using 1kg ones but depending on what the other levels are like, I might need heavier ones. Have you tried using 500ml water bottles or tins of beans/tomatoes?

I've been using tins of beans but I could do with some proper weights really

I find 1kg ones nice and I'm happy with them although sometimes I wish they were a bit heavier. If you can, maybe buy a set where they have various different ones? I was kind of in a hurry to buy any so I didn't think it though lol

I use 2kg and find the side lunges with dumb bell raises a b1tch. In fact I've gone down to a smaller weight for them.
Davina McCall does three different weights in Argos for about £15 I think. Wish I would have got them as could do with something heavier for some of the weight moves.

Well just finished day 6 of the shred n I don't feel too bad. I struggled with it a little bit today though but would like to say that I managed to do probably double the amount of push ups than before so must be getting stronger
The bicycle crunch didn't seem as hard either.....for some reason I struggled with the cardio which I didn't find a problem with before

Had to skip yesterday as got in late from my bf's mums as it was her 60th, But this morning my arms were hurting loads!!! I really think their playing up like before I did the shred.. They eased off but now their really painful! :( Hoping to get day 8 done today but think I won't be following as I should be but just doing what I can.
Well done to all of you who are keeping up with it and a special well done on the losses so far!! :)

Well done everyone, well my walk is complete sitting in a little pub in Fort William about to have a baked potato :)

I am actually dying, will definately need a few days rest before I pick up the shred again lol my legs are feet are not happy with me, three scottish mountains definately put me through my paces :p

MissMuNkY said:
Well done everyone, well my walk is complete sitting in a little pub in Fort William about to have a baked potato :)

I am actually dying, will definately need a few days rest before I pick up the shred again lol my legs are feet are not happy with me, three scottish mountains definately put me through my paces :p

Congratulations n well done. I think u deserve a rest from the shred after completing that walk

Well had to come back from the caravan early so did the shred twice yesterday to compensate for today, and completed it today too. Never been a swot in my life.
Im sort of afraid of her even though she's in my tv. Will say I've never stuck to a fitness DVD in my life. Day six so I just hope I stick it out to day 30!

kayla81 said:
Well had to come back from the caravan early so did the shred twice yesterday to compensate for today, and completed it today too. Never been a swot in my life.
Im sort of afraid of her even though she's in my tv. Will say I've never stuck to a fitness DVD in my life. Day six so I just hope I stick it out to day 30!

Blimey.....you are a swot doing it twice in 1 day is what u call dedication.
I got up at about 8.45 this morning to do the shred which I normally have a sleep in on a Sunday so I surprised myself
I needed to complete the shred early cos I was off to meadowhall shopping n walked my legs off. I was thrilled though cos everything I tried on in every shop fit me n was a size 12.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my left knee so I'm hoping that it doesn't stop me from completing it tomorrow cos I'm determined to keep going n get more inches off

Day 7 L1 completed nearly there now actually excited about doing L2. Want to try and wait til the end of the 30 days to do my measurements hopefully will c a big difference then.

MissMuNkY said:

Well done, rest up till you feel ready. The last thing you need is to rush and get an injury xx

I've not shredded since Friday. I was due to start level 2 on Saturday but have been struck down with tonsillitis and feel really rough. My neck has swelled up twice the size and I'm finding it hard work just trying to breath and swallow properly. Hope to try and start it later on depending how I feel. Well done to all fellow shredders your all doing fab :) x

Just done day 7 n I don't feel bad at all....only bit I had to stop on was the static lunge with bicep curl but that was cos of my left knee. I was having trouble with it yesterday so don't think I did bad. I did majority of the lunges .
I started playing level 2 to see what I've got coming my way in 3 days n I'm worried that it is gonna kill me

Well it's day 8.....n I am dreading doing the shred today.....my left knee was giving me some grief all day so not looking forward to doing the lunges

Well day 8 complete n I think I may have injured my left leg....it's been getting worse since day 5 n today I was in pain just completing the jumping jacks.
Perhaps I need a rest day as I havent taken one yet. Surprisingly the lunges didn't bother me

Jo2982 said:
Well day 8 complete n I think I may have injured my left leg....it's been getting worse since day 5 n today I was in pain just completing the jumping jacks.
Perhaps I need a rest day as I havent taken one yet. Surprisingly the lunges didn't bother me

My shoulder started hurting yesterday. It's weird isn't it.
Hope your leg gets better soon.

kayla81 said:
My shoulder started hurting yesterday. It's weird isn't it.
Hope your leg gets better soon.

I'm gonna take it steady n if I after miss put the jumping jacks then I will. I don't want to hurt myself further.

Hubby bought me a new pair of boots today which I was surprised at cos I was ready to pay for them n he said I'll buy u them.
He said there for sticking to the shred as usually i lose interest in any form of exercise.

Here they are......I am spoilt

image-760464922.jpg

Day 1 of level 2 done. Wasn't that bad. I thought after 3 days of no exercise due to being ill it would kill me but nope I'm still here :) saying that prob won't be able to move Tomo lol ;)

Back