30 day shred - start with me and we can push through together!!

cheekylau said:
We are at the same stage i did day 2 today finding im enjoying it more than level 1 even though its harder

I was getting a bit bored of level one, quite like the fact that once you 'master' one level it's pretty much time to move onto the next.
Not sure what to do after the 30 day shred though as don't want to give up exercising and never stuck to a DVD before. Dont know if to try her ripped DVD or just stick with this but do level one, level two, level three and on day four go back to level one etc...

kayla81 said:
I was getting a bit bored of level one, quite like the fact that once you 'master' one level it's pretty much time to move onto the next.
Not sure what to do after the 30 day shred though as don't want to give up exercising and never stuck to a DVD before. Dont know if to try her ripped DVD or just stick with this but do level one, level two, level three and on day four go back to level one etc...

That's what I was looking at doing. Repeat it but do a different level everyday to shake me body up. I was going to buy the ripped DVD but the reviews I've read you don't seem to loose as much as the shred, so goin to stick with the shred till I can master all 3 levels copying Natalie without resting. (wish me luck lol )

Im doing kettleworx at the mo as well, that's ment to be good for getting rid of inches. There's a thread in the fitness bit called get swinging I think. It was started by a women called kron. She lost 3 stone and dropped 3 dress sizes in 6 months doing sw and kettlebells. :)

** correction **the threads called secret to shaping up. The lady kron lost 3 1/2 stone and went from a 16 to a 6 in six months of sw and kettlebells x

Caldil said:
That's what I was looking at doing. Repeat it but do a different level everyday to shake me body up. I was going to buy the ripped DVD but the reviews I've read you don't seem to loose as much as the shred, so goin to stick with the shred till I can master all 3 levels copying Natalie without resting. (wish me luck lol )

Im doing kettleworx at the mo as well, that's ment to be good for getting rid of inches. There's a thread in the fitness bit called get swinging I think. It was started by a women called kron. She lost 3 stone and dropped 3 dress sizes in 6 months doing sw and kettlebells. :)

I've looked at ripped on YouTube and doesn't look much different to 30ds. She's got one out that's called six pack in six weeks. My problem area is my stomach, but think the only thing that will sort that out is surgery. Did go to my gp and have to keep the weight off for a year and they will refer me for a tummy tuck. But trying to make it look better myself. Don't really want to go down the surgery route, it will be a last resort.
Does kettle bells help with stomach area or is it more legs and arms?

kayla81 said:
I've looked at ripped on YouTube and doesn't look much different to 30ds. She's got one out that's called six pack in six weeks. My problem area is my stomach, but think the only thing that will sort that out is surgery. Did go to my gp and have to keep the weight off for a year and they will refer me for a tummy tuck. But trying to make it look better myself. Don't really want to go down the surgery route, it will be a last resort.
Does kettle bells help with stomach area or is it more legs and arms?

The DVD set I've got is 3 DVDs cardio, core and resistance and 2 additional 10 min programmes fast abs and fat burn. The idea Is you do it for 6 weeks 3x per week. Each DVD is 20 mins and you split them over the week I.e Monday cardio, Wednesday core, Friday resistance. The other 2 can be done when you just want an extra day workout. The core one does leave your tummy muscles aching so it must do something. Must admit it can be quite pricey starting off but saying that you can normally get them off eBay etc.
My tummys not great after having 4 kids and there now 12, 8, 5 and 4 and I still have the jelly belly. It's gone quite flat to what it was but it's the saggy skin. I myself have looked at tummy tucks but I would be to scared if they messed it up and it looked worse. If your tummy area is the first place you put on weight it will more than likely the last place to loose it. I have that problem with my legs all my weight goes on them. After I had my 2nd child in 2004 I went up to 12 stone and my tummy was huge, by the time he was one I was 9 1/2 stone and a size 10/12 and my stomach was flat with a pinch of skin if that so it is possible to get tummys down just takes time. I found what helped me was core ball classes and then having a core ball to sit on watching tv etc :)

Caldil said:
The DVD set I've got is 3 DVDs cardio, core and resistance and 2 additional 10 min programmes fast abs and fat burn. The idea Is you do it for 6 weeks 3x per week. Each DVD is 20 mins and you split them over the week I.e Monday cardio, Wednesday core, Friday resistance. The other 2 can be done when you just want an extra day workout. The core one does leave your tummy muscles aching so it must do something. Must admit it can be quite pricey starting off but saying that you can normally get them off eBay etc.
My tummys not great after having 4 kids and there now 12, 8, 5 and 4 and I still have the jelly belly. It's gone quite flat to what it was but it's the saggy skin. I myself have looked at tummy tucks but I would be to scared if they messed it up and it looked worse. If your tummy area is the first place you put on weight it will more than likely the last place to loose it. I have that problem with my legs all my weight goes on them. After I had my 2nd child in 2004 I went up to 12 stone and my tummy was huge, by the time he was one I was 9 1/2 stone and a size 10/12 and my stomach was flat with a pinch of skin if that so it is possible to get tummys down just takes time. I found what helped me was core ball classes and then having a core ball to sit on watching tv etc :)

What's the DVD called?
I know what you mean about kids, my weight is only half a stone off what I was in school yet my body is totally different.
I don't mind the loose skin so much, its my over hanging belly I hate. I can see it even when I wear clothes. Just hate the fact I've lost 7+ stone and my stomach looked better when it was fat!!

Day 3 level 2 done before i go 2 work cant believe i got up even earlier just so i could get it done this morning :-D

cheekylau said:
Day 3 level 2 done before i go 2 work cant believe i got up even earlier just so i could get it done this morning :-D

Yes I know what u mean I have been getting up early to get it done n out of the way but today I'm going to leave the shred until later this afternoon cos I want to rest my leg a bit first.
I have a mountain of washing to do n cleaning, plus food shopping so I'm gonna be a busy girl.

Did day 3 of level 2 sooner than planned today n I managed more of it so must be getting fitter. I'm still following Anita cos no way would my knee take the impact of the exercises Natalie does.

It's star week for me n for the 1st time I am not doubled over in pain for stomache cramps. I can only put that down to doing this exercise. Either that or jm in pain everywhere so I'm not noticing it lol

kayla81 said:
What's the DVD called?
I know what you mean about kids, my weight is only half a stone off what I was in school yet my body is totally different.
I don't mind the loose skin so much, its my over hanging belly I hate. I can see it even when I wear clothes. Just hate the fact I've lost 7+ stone and my stomach looked better when it was fat!!

It's called kettleworx you want to look at the thread on here secret to shaping up, gives you more of an idea about it or google the kettleworx website.

On what I've read on weight loss it does take time for your skin to catch up with weight loss. Just found this bit on info on google......

Fast weight loss can leave you with excess skin. This problem is even worse as you age because skin your skin becomes less elastic. However, it's possible to tighten excess skin with strength training. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends at least two toning sessions weekly. Selecting the right exercises will help you accomplish your fitness goals.

Step 1
Perform abdominal exercises such as the abdominal hold to build muscle and reduce your loose skin. Sit on the edge of a kitchen chair with your flat on the floor. Lift your feet about 2 inches off the ground. Hold the contraction for a few seconds. Then release the contraction. Repeat the abdominal hold for a minute, recommends "Fitness" magazine. Include other ab exercises into your workout routine.

Step 2
Tighten loose skin on the sides of your midsection with the squat with twist exercise. Start in a standing position with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Lower into a squat position. At the bottom of your squat, twist the upper body to the left. Return to standing and repeat the exercise eight to 12 times on each side of the body.

Step 3
Use arm and leg raises to tighten loose abdominal skin. Start on your hands and knees. Slowly raise your right arm to shoulder height. At the same time, raise your left leg to hip height. Hold this contraction for two counts and release the contraction. Repeat this exercise 15 to 20 times on each side of the body, recommends "Fitness" magazine.

Step 4
Use a circuit training approach to tighten the core and get rid of excess skin. Start with stomach-toning exercise such as abdominal crunches. Then switch to an intense cardio activity such as jumping jacks or running. Continue to rotate between the two types of activities for your workout session.

And it also says use a good moisturiser twice daily. I use the garnier skin firming tonic in a yellow bottle. Was half price the other day in superdrug I think it does something personally but everyone's different :)

Jo2982 said:
Did day 3 of level 2 sooner than planned today n I managed more of it so must be getting fitter. I'm still following Anita cos no way would my knee take the impact of the exercises Natalie does.

It's star week for me n for the 1st time I am not doubled over in pain for stomache cramps. I can only put that down to doing this exercise. Either that or jm in pain everywhere so I'm not noticing it lol

Well done I've just done level 2 day day 6 and I feel so much better for it :)

Ok so today I took my measurements again. I was gonna measure on day 10 but wit star week I was feeling bloated n didn't want to demotivated myself.
So I have lost another 2.25 inch since day 5, that's 5.25 inch in total so far.
I'm chuffed with that but I haven't lost as much on my belly as I would like. Most of it is from my cheats which means my boobs must be shrinking :-(

Jo2982 said:
Ok so today I took my measurements again. I was gonna measure on day 10 but wit star week I was feeling bloated n didn't want to demotivated myself.
So I have lost another 2.25 inch since day 5, that's 5.25 inch in total so far.
I'm chuffed with that but I haven't lost as much on my belly as I would like. Most of it is from my cheats which means my boobs must be shrinking :-(

Where is it you measure? Just a few areas or all of them

I measure my chest, waist, round my belly on my belly button n my bum. I was gonna measure my arms n legs but I forgot to do it on day 1 so thought there was no point doing it now.

I've gone n got a proper knee support today n it is really helping me just walking so I'm hoping it will help me with the shred tomorrow

Jo2982 said:
I measure my chest, waist, round my belly on my belly button n my bum. I was gonna measure my arms n legs but I forgot to do it on day 1 so thought there was no point doing it now.

I've gone n got a proper knee support today n it is really helping me just walking so I'm hoping it will help me with the shred tomorrow

God I measure everything both arms top and forearm, both thighs and calfs, waist, stomach, hips, bum, under chest and over chest. When you do it this way the results seem amazing lol. I've lost in total 18.5 inches but if I measured what you do would prob be the same as you.

Hope the support works :)

Just found out that deep heat does not agree with the skin on my leg. Applied to effected area swiftly followed by copious amounts of cold water......result was bright red, stinging, rash spread down my leg. Perfect.....NOT

Level 2 day 7 done. Still sweating like a bush pig so it must be doing something :)

I haven't done my day 4 of level 2 yet......went to watch England match then to supermarket. I just had beans on toast, banana n a yogurt for tea.
Gonna let my tea settle for 5 then I will do my shred

Day 4 of level 2 complete n here's a little tip from me......don't do the shred after eating a banana it's even harder trying to do the exercises whilst holding in the contents of your stomach.

Caldil thanks for that. Once I've completed the shred think I will combine my own abs programme putting in the things you said and maybe combine with kettle bells.

Day four level two completed.
Had to laugh when my five year old said "why are you so red mummy", well I would have laughed apart from the fact I couldn't create any sound apart from huffing and puffing.
Can not wait until level two is over with. Well that's as long as level three isn't harder!

Back