30 day Shred

Level 1 day 9 done :D. I almost didn't do it today but then I took a good look in the mirror and I loved what I saw, my body has changed so much in such a short time. Why stop now? I have 20 days left to complete it and I am so excited for the way I'm gonna look by the end of July. There is a Bench skirt (size 16) waiting for me in the wardrobe hehe.

hels123smiles said:
Im considering which dvd to do next. I was going to do the shred again, but do it Natalie level and master it, but I dont want to get bored, so might rotate it with 'banish fat, boost metabolism'
Has any one tried this one?

I did it last night..... It's pretty hard I was really sweating with it and as it's longer than shred it takes it out of you a bit, I had to have a rest or two and a sit down after lol!
Some very similar bits to shred from all the levels. Worth a go but maybe not everyday :)

Sarah - hope your parcels arrive soon.. defo try pump and see what change there is - bet it will be huge :)

How did it go Bev?

Well done Hannah Newton, Maggie, Cerulean, Hels and Crazycatlady

Marge - Think I might just join you... although my 30 days will be from 2nd (good job its 31 day month lol)

ChunkeyMonkey - I don't see why men wouldn't be able to do it... working on areas men want pert/ pumped too :D

Well it has been a long day and I have been roped in to working in the morning so no shred today.. but 30 days of level 3 commencing tomorrow :D
xx

Sarah - hope your parcels arrive soon.. defo try pump and see what change there is - bet it will be huge :)

How did it go Bev?

Well done Hannah Newton, Maggie, Cerulean, Hels and Crazycatlady

Marge - Think I might just join you... although my 30 days will be from 2nd (good job its 31 day month lol)

ChunkeyMonkey - I don't see why men wouldn't be able to do it... working on areas men want pert/ pumped too :D

Well it has been a long day and I have been roped in to working in the morning so no shred today.. but 30 days of level 3 commencing tomorrow :D
xx

Ooooh good luck for tomorrow! woohooo!

30 Consecutive days of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - Completed!

Good morning!

I am pleased to report that as of 8am this morning (yes, I started at 7.30 on a Saturday) I completed the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

I am going to do my official final measurements and weights and body composition stuff first thing tomorrow morning as that is 30 days from starting and I like things to be neat! But, yes, I have definitely lost well over a stone in 30 days. Which is what I would usually lose on a VLCD...but at this stage and BMI it is unusual for me to lose any more than 13-14lbs in a calendar month. So no - it definitely doesn't inhibit weightloss - however, for the first two weeks, it looked like it did. I didn't say anything because weightloss should never be judged on anything less than 4 weeks stats and I proved myself right - I will say more on this tomorrow, I promise.

So yes, you can do Jillian Michaels whilst on Cambridge SS or Lighter Life Lite and not have any ill effects. I add to that that although my core, upperbody, high impact aerobic and circuit training strength was weak at the beginning, I did start from a level of fitness which meant I can do up to 15 mile hikes on SS and I can swim up to 2 miles - so I have a good base level of endurance and stamina - a sort of slow and long and steady fitness - I regularly walk to and from work as if it was just down the road (it is 4 miles away) so the lunges (lol - I just typed lunches!! Freudian slip!) and the plyo work were actually quite easy for me to pick up as my legs are exceptionally strong - but I was unable to do press-ups - and today...today...

I did 4x2 travelling push-ups in each set and picked mself up and finished the sets with modified. THAT'S 16 push-ups! 4 weeks ago I could just about squeeze out two before swearing at Jillian. I did every exercise in advanced - and I mean it this time - I even did pike crunches and a full, non-stop set of almost Natalie level scissor crunches. Not too shabby, eh?

And relax...

Well done cerulean!! As more me well I'm new I ordered my dvd and received it yesterday, I watched it whilst in bed last night and thought mmmh doesn't look to bad! So today at 830am I started my level 1 of my thirty day shred and god was that hard or what! The hardest thing I've done in weeks (I haven't done any hard cardio in over 2 months) and I'm shattered!! Yes I feel good but one things for sure I'm scared about tomorrow already!! ;) wish me luck!!!!

I should have put this first but I'm Naz I'm 27 and since jan this year I have lost over 2 stones, I had to quit the gym due to cost and not having anyone looking after toddler, anyway I still have 2 stones left till target and I have come off track for over 4 weeks now eating wise, I'm due to go and visit family on 22nd of this month and would love to look a bit more slimmer! I'm hoping of I do this shred everyday until the 22nd I will see results!

Sorry for long post xxx

Hi Naz! I promise you'll be ripping through that cardio in 5-6 days.

I have to admit to aching a bit today after yesterday's efforts!!

I struggled a little with the upped hand weights, keeping them in for cardio in circuit 3 was a real battle of wills with Jillian.

As I want to work on my muffin top - I added the core section from No More Trouble Zones in at the end today - its only a few extra mins before doing the cool down.

Can't wait for the big reveal of your results Cerulean!! Especialy the body fat percentage!! xx

Cerulean said:
Good morning!

I am pleased to report that as of 8am this morning (yes, I started at 7.30 on a Saturday) I completed the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

I am going to do my official final measurements and weights and body composition stuff first thing tomorrow morning as that is 30 days from starting and I like things to be neat! But, yes, I have definitely lost well over a stone in 30 days. Which is what I would usually lose on a VLCD...but at this stage and BMI it is unusual for me to lose any more than 13-14lbs in a calendar month. So no - it definitely doesn't inhibit weightloss - however, for the first two weeks, it looked like it did. I didn't say anything because weightloss should never be judged on anything less than 4 weeks stats and I proved myself right - I will say more on this tomorrow, I promise.

So yes, you can do Jillian Michaels whilst on Cambridge SS or Lighter Life Lite and not have any ill effects. I add to that that although my core, upperbody, high impact aerobic and circuit training strength was weak at the beginning, I did start from a level of fitness which meant I can do up to 15 mile hikes on SS and I can swim up to 2 miles - so I have a good base level of endurance and stamina - a sort of slow and long and steady fitness - I regularly walk to and from work as if it was just down the road (it is 4 miles away) so the lunges (lol - I just typed lunches!! Freudian slip!) and the plyo work were actually quite easy for me to pick up as my legs are exceptionally strong - but I was unable to do press-ups - and today...today...

I did 4x2 travelling push-ups in each set and picked mself up and finished the sets with modified. THAT'S 16 push-ups! 4 weeks ago I could just about squeeze out two before swearing at Jillian. I did every exercise in advanced - and I mean it this time - I even did pike crunches and a full, non-stop set of almost Natalie level scissor crunches. Not too shabby, eh?

And relax...

Yay well done Sarah!!! :D that fills me with hope!! It's all gone a bit pear shaped for me this last week diet and shredwise but I'm okay now, I've got a solid plan and sticking with it!!! As of tomorrow I'm back on SS and 30 DS. I'm not going weigh or measure after tomorrow until the end of 30DS, I'm going to keep a chart and see it through this time, I'm going to have my very own Biggest Loser competition!!! :D

Excellent Carly :D
I plan to have the 29th off, for my one day off in this month, so we are in it together for a very long part of the month.
We can deffo do this !!! :D

Good morning!

And relax...

RELAX indeedy :D

I too am doing a VLCD, and it is quite difficult to work out how much loss is VLCD, and how much is shred.

I am now on my second lot of "30 day shred".
The first lot for me was consecutive.
This lot has actually worked out to be 2 different personal challenges.
The first challenge, was to complete 40 days of shred within 44 days :)
The second challend was to complete 30 of those 40 days, within July on Level 3 only :eek:

Personnally, I think this really does boost your fitness level, which is great.
I also go to curves 4-5 times a week.
I think both together are doing me some good, if not for my weight loss, then they are helping my mind keep focused on my diet, and building up good habits, so its all good :D

Marge

CrazyCatLady I thought that said 'Level 4 Day 1' and I almost cried. Phew! Can you imagine what she'd do to us in Level 4? She probably sits on Natalie's back during the push-ups...

Cerulean said:
CrazyCatLady I thought that said 'Level 4 Day 1' and I almost cried. Phew! Can you imagine what she'd do to us in Level 4? She probably sits on Natalie's back during the push-ups...

Ha Ha Ha!! Don't give her ideas for her next release!!

In six week six pack - she keeps handing the advanced dancer more dumbbells!! Then says it's not beyond her to send one of them home in an ambulance!!

Crazy lady - I lurve her!! xx

Well done Cerulean; can't wait to hear your post-shred stats!

My legs are a bit sore, after 2 days on level 3. Hopefully, another couple of days and I won't feel the pain :)

Well done everyone!!!!

I have done day 4 of level 3 :) xx

Day 116 and 30 Day Shred stats « Keep off the arse

So the full post (where if you feel so inclined you can look at my entire Cambridge weight-loss day by day it felt like a day for graphs - I just had some stuff to point out about consistent losses) - I had been told by some people that if I did the Shred on a VLCD my body would start eating its own muscle mass because I would be IN NEGATIVE CALORIES!!! (OMG OMG! - Er - I'm in negative calories every day on a VLCD) Bloomin' 'eck there's a lot of dreadul old wive's tales floating around the internet.

Anywayyyyyyy...enjoy the stats. For those who hate clicking on links, I lost 17.5lbs in 30 days and gained over 1lb of muscle. I lost over 16lbs of fat and I lost 2 inches off my bust and 3 off my waist and 3 off my hips.

That's in addition to the increase in my fitness and my ability to do full sit-ups and press-ups.

Thirty Day Shred?

I HEART YOU JILLIAN MICHAELS!!!

Help!

I have an injury! I have strained the muscle on my inner thigh! Gutted i have just completed day 21 as best I could, what do you think? Should I just modify things and maybe do more anita than nat and do what I can to finish it?
Only certain exercises aggrivate it. Im soooo annoyed, Im determined to do the full 30 days!

Sorry to hear about your strain. I would def rest it or as you say modify at least.

I am really enjoying the dvd! Trouble is can't do it in the evening as I would make to much noise thundering about in the gym which is above the sitting room where husband watches tv!

Back