30 day Shred

Have just ordered this DVD plus some hand weights:) Looking forward to starting it, have read loads of great reviews so I am hoping it will work for me!

only 3 days left of level 2 then its on to L3 and im slightly scared!! :eek:

Day 8 of Level 1 done, two days to go then I'm on level 2, I'm terrified! lol!

I'm hoping ive been doing enough exercise though for the last week, all i've really done is my shred and that's it, ive not really had a lot of time (or money) to do anything else :S but it still gets me really sweaty (tmi I'm sorry lol) and puffed out at level 1 although I have started taking my inhalor and that's helped a bit (being asthmatic is a royal pain in the bum when exercising)

I think I get weighed this week, hope I've lost, if not hope I've made some inch losses

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred DVD whilst on Lighter Life? (or any other VLCD?)

It looks tough but it is for only 20 mins per day.

I'm sure I've read about it on here somewhere but can't find the thread on the LL boards.

I'm a few pounds from goal, but really need to tone my belly and thighs.

Any advice would be great! Thank you :) xx

Hi. I'm on exante with two shakes and a meal - about 800-1000 cals. I found doing to shred every day hard and it slowed my weight loss. But it is fab so I am now doing it three times a week. So have a go but be careful.

HannahNewton said:
Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred DVD whilst on Lighter Life? (or any other VLCD?)

It looks tough but it is for only 20 mins per day.

I'm sure I've read about it on here somewhere but can't find the thread on the LL boards.

I'm a few pounds from goal, but really need to tone my belly and thighs.

Any advice would be great! Thank you :) xx

My friend was doing LL but was advised not to do this until she went to maintenance before exercising properly. She did try level one with me and sat down when she got tired. Now she's on slimming world she has a lot more energy to exercise with.
My advice would be to get to goal then concentrate on toning x

Nas.85 said:
I thought it would boost ur weight loss? I'm am also on CD and want to give this a try.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The shred concentrates on building muscle, muscle is a living tissue which burns calories in order to stay alive which can boost your weight loss but don't rely on this DVD for that. You will feel healthier and have a lot more energy though! I did the shred along with s.w and lost around 2lb per week. Now I'm addicted to Jillian and her shred/six pack/biggest winner DVDs!

I thought it would boost ur weight loss? I'm am also on CD and want to give this a try.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying that in some people it slows weight loss down. I think its because you are eating so little then, with the DVD, burning so much, your body has a bit of a panic. It is a great DVD - do it - just keep an eye on your weight loss.

Day one shredded!

What weights did people start with? Mine were either too heavy or too light? xx

Omg, I must be really unfit as I have just done level 1 day 1 and I think I'm gonna die!!!!!

Well done for making a start jamiedodger!! I'm so pleased I'm doing it too :) xx

Hi all,

I started 30DS yesterday so now am on L1 D3.

Looking forward to day 5 when everyone says the legs stop aching! Couldn't believe it when I was so wobbly after doing D1!

Also did it without sports bra D1 - won't be making that mistake again, lol.

Still I am enjoying it even though its hard work, did my measurements on D1 so will be interested to see what the overall difference is, from previous posts on here sounds like thats the way to monitor losses rather than weight....

Good luck everyone

Kerry xx

Well done Jamie!! Hot bath time for you.

I'm building up my strength to do day 3 soon, admit I'm a bit sore today, especially my calves and back. Could also be the gardening I've been doing. xx

Last edited:
Back