30 day Shred

Claree__x said:
So last night was a bit of a disaster. I don't know what was wrong with me, I've been really busy for weeks now and I think I was just mentally exhausted and just broke down.

Going to try level 2 again tonight cause I've done 10 days, seems a waste to give up now.

Try not to worry too much. Loads of us on here have done the shred for many more than 10 days. Just go with what feels comfortable, if you want to stay at a particular level for longer, then do that. It'll work better for you that way. I did level 1 for 20 odd days because I couldn't get a run of 30 days in a row where I was able to do the shred properly. I'm on level 2 right now but I'm sure I'll do that for linger than 10 days too! Lol!!

marylou said:
well have been eating really not good this week at all...got up this morning after a lie in til 10am!!!! usually up at 7.30 so this was maybe just the rest i needed. anyhow, wasn't going to weigh myself as i just feel fat..i do see a change in my body, big time but you all know the feeling, when you look in the mirror you just see faults...i don't have or ever will, have a perfect body. i lost alot of weight and i have excess skin..not bad, hanging excess skin but it's there and it's going to take alot of work to lose it.

well to my surprise i had FIVE pounds OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldn't believe it, i weighed myself three times!!! haven't lost a lot of inches, i would say half to three quarters off my hips and maybe the same of my belly.

i was so happy this morning..i stayed the same the for a few weeks, then last week i had a pound off, this was such a shock and i just think it must be the change from walking as exercise to the shred.

level one completed today.
so afraid to start level two but i will do it for three days then i'm off on holiday for two weeks. was worried bout weight gain when away but i know i can just start the shred again and in a month i could have half a stone off :D

Go on holiday and enjoy it!! You're a long time dead and if you can't enjoy some down time occasionally then life would be truly sad!! You can get back to it when you're home again.

CrazyCatLady said:
Just to add to the other comments, I gained 4 pounds after my first week of doing the shred, and I'd been eating really healthily. I was extremely upset and angry, but I think the gain is muscle. You should start to see a steady loss from your next weigh in onwards. Don't give up. No-one loses that much doing the shred, but by the end of it, their bodies look amazing. I'm near the end of level 3 and I am really pleased with the difference in the way I look.

There really was no change on the scales or in inches after I competed a week on level 1 (ok too early...). Completed level 1 with no weight loss although I did think I could see a difference. Finding level 2 hard and have missed days thinking what's the point and also got less mindful of eating healthily. Been upset and angry too... Anyway, it is encouraging to hear that people do see a real change by the end -even if the scales aren't moving much :)

marylou said:
... wasn't going to weigh myself as i just feel fat..

well to my surprise i had FIVE pounds OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldn't believe it, i weighed myself three times!!! haven't lost a lot of inches, i would say half to three quarters off my hips and maybe the same of my belly.

i was so happy this morning..i stayed the same the for a few weeks, then last week i had a pound off, this was such a shock and i just think it must be the change from walking as exercise to the shred..... :D

Very encouraging to hear; well done!

Claree__x said:
So last night was a bit of a disaster. I don't know what was wrong with me, I've been really busy for weeks now and I think I was just mentally exhausted and just broke down.

Going to try level 2 again tonight cause I've done 10 days, seems a waste to give up now.

Hi Claree, I hope you've jumped back in. I really thought of abandoning the Shred when I started Level 2. It is not much fun but worth it. We can do this :) Come on Claree!

Level 2 day 5 done. Who invented planks?!! :O

Out of the 3 levels, I found level 2 the worst.

i've just done day 30! Ive done level 3 day 10 which means that I have completed the 30 day shred! I pushed myself today and now I am sweating more than ever and as red as a beetroot.

Im off backpacking round europe for 3 weeks on monday so wont be working out in that time per se, although i will be walking lots with my heavy rucksack so hopefully the pounds will still come off.

Im pleased with what the shred has done for my fitness and my muscle definition. However i am still overweight and i want to look more toned than this..I dont know what to do next for a workout. The kettlebells sound interesting but i dont have much money at the moment bc of the holiday.

I might just continue with the shred 2 or 3 tiimes a week and do lots of walking. We shall see.

Keep shredding everyone and good luck :D

CrazyCatLady said:
i've just done day 30! Ive done level 3 day 10 which means that I have completed the 30 day shred! I pushed myself today and now I am sweating more than ever and as red as a beetroot.

Im off backpacking round europe for 3 weeks on monday so wont be working out in that time per se, although i will be walking lots with my heavy rucksack so hopefully the pounds will still come off.

Im pleased with what the shred has done for my fitness and my muscle definition. However i am still overweight and i want to look more toned than this..I dont know what to do next for a workout. The kettlebells sound interesting but i dont have much money at the moment bc of the holiday.

I might just continue with the shred 2 or 3 tiimes a week and do lots of walking. We shall see.

Keep shredding everyone and good luck :D

Well done! It's a great feeling :)

did level 2 day 1 yesterday.omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think she is trying to kill us all! i have a day off today, decided that sunday is a day of rest :)

my palms were even sweating yesterday morn and i struggled big time with alot of the moves. kept having to stop to see what the hell they were doing lol. sore down my sides today so something is working and feel my abs a bit sore too.

I'm ashamed to say I've not done the shred since thurs now. Going to do it tonight after getting a different mat from my mum so hopefully that'll make a difference.

My engagement party is this Saturday so there's no use giving up now. Thanks for all your encouragement!

Back