1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

30 Day Squat Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by CharKearney, 9 March 2014 Social URL.

1. CharKearney

CharKearney Well-Known Member

Hiya everyone! Today is Day 1 of my 30 Day Squat Challenge. It would be amazing to hear from other users if you're currently on the same challenge, or whether you'd like to join in with me!

I'll be using a 7KG Kettlebell within my daily work outs, along side attending the gym 4 times a week.

30-day-squat-challenge-chart.jpg

Day 1 - 50 Squats -

An easy one to start off with today considering yesterday I had done 60 squats at the gym! Legs are aching a bit and I feel I need to get a more structured stretch in place before I go ahead with any exercises. Tomorrow's squats will be done after work which could change my performance after a long day. Bring on tomorrow!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. JTO

JTO Well-Known Member

I'd love to join! Count me in :)

4. trimlee

trimlee Love God; Love People

Ooooh looks like a real challenge....I'm in please! :O

5. trimlee

trimlee Love God; Love People

Started yesterday: 50 squats seemed easy enough.....yikes for the build up!

Fri 14.03.2014: Day 1 - 50 squats

6. becki2009

becki2009 Well-Known Member

Hey! Im doing a similar challenge. Im on day 5

ForumRunner_20140321_200445.png

Im not using any weight. But i will do it again after and add 6kg kettlebell :)

7. XxKirstxX

XxKirstxX Well-Known Member

I am on this challenge, I am up to 225 squats! But I have been taking breaks in between, like maybe a few rest days where I wont do the squats but keep on going with it.its really good I have lost inches on ny thighs and definately lesd lumps on my bum! :)

When I finish the challenge im gona go back to 50 and do deeper squats the keep going. I love yhis challenge :)

8. becki2009

Well done! I was wondering about wether we can rest in between squats

9. XxKirstxX

Yeah im sure you can becki but I mostly don't I try to do the whole hog in a oner as if I take a break I might not keep going lol.its more of a fat burner when they're all done at once x

10. XxKirstxX

230 squats done.3 days to go :)

11. becki2009

Wow! My thighs burned at 80 today!

12. XxKirstxX

Well done becki keep goin you will be surprised when you can reach over 200 :)

Rest day for me!

13. becki2009

Wow. It burnt at 100 today!! I planked for 1 minute too. Impressed!

14. XxKirstxX

15. becki2009

Did u break on between your squats?

16. XxKirstxX

Yeah I broke after 100 then 170 to give my legs a shake. 250 tomorrow then restarting the challenge with deeper squats and going to concentrate on better form :)

How did you get on?

17. Scooter-boy

Scooter-boy Well-Known Member

Hello all, is there a certain way the squats have to be done...??
    I'd love to join if I possibly could.....
    Thanks x

18. XxKirstxX

Hi Scooter boy you can do them however you like :) as long as you feel the burn!

19. becki2009

I did my 105 all in one...but any more and i think i will need to shake them out! Really feel the burn. Although i do them quite fast. I know i should slow down a bit for thrm to be more effective

20. XxKirstxX

Doing them fast is good for stamina . we can always go back and go slower round 2

21. becki2009

Good idea!