38lbs to go diary!

Hi Elmer, how are things going? Heard back on any of the jobs?
Hope all is OK
LED x

I'm back!!!!!!!!!

Been away for a while hiding with shame as I have been off my diet completely eating everything I used to in the same big portions. Anyway enough is enough and I need to get back on this to lose the final amount plus what I have just gained.

Got on scales this morning and was expecting a gain of 7-10lbs so quiet pleased it was only 5.6lbs so got about 10lbs to go to first target and will then revise that down to 11 stone exactly (wedding weight).

Yes, I have a job.....not starting until Monday but will be working from 7pm - 11pm as an administrator paying great money. Got to do 2 weeks of training from 5pm - 11pm so DH will have to get home earlier for 2 weeks but after that the hours are perfect as I will be able to be at home for DS for school pick up/drops off, if he is sick and during school holidays so no hassle trying to organise childcare and no cost!!!

Got lots to do today as trying to keep busy but will try to catch up with diaries at some point. Hope everyone is ok and staying stronger than i did :)

Nice to see you back and great news on the job :) hope the restart goes well :D

Welcome back Elmer, missed you!
Massive congrats on the job, sounds perfect! And you'll be out of the house for the evenings - if you're like me the most difficult time of the day not to give in to cravings!
5.6lbs will be off in no time, the good thing about going completely off plan is that you get the water weight-loss the next week to get things going in the right direction!
Good luck today, remember to drink lots of water!
LED x

Well day 1 went well and I stuck to it 100% although I did need 2 mugs of veg oxo to get me through I couple of hunger patches :). By mid afternoon I had a massive headache but had stocked up on Ibuprofen as I had headaches for the first 3 - 4 days last time. Day 2 is on track so far. Had my shake at 11am although I may have to have an oxo shortly as tummy is rumbling!!

Getting a little anxious about my new job. Due to start on Monday and still not had a contract or starting details. I spoke to the agency on Monday and they said everything was in order to start but when nothing came in post today I have emailed them to say I am getting worried and can they chase/confirm anything.....let's hope it's all ok. Saying that I have had 2 messages in the last 24 hours from other agencies asking me to call them about part time positions so if it doesn't work out at least there may be something else. Really hope it does work out as the hours are perfect and money great!

Had DS's first parents evening last night and he is officially clever!!!!! Only joking, but he is doing really well and I am feeling very proud of him. I told him he could have a treat today and offered cinema, bowling, soft play or going out for dinner....just my luck he chose McDonalds!!! So think of me around 5pm today as I sit watching him eat chicken nuggets or a burger! Shouldn't be too bad as I don't really like McD's. Got to go to his school earlier today as there is a little presentation for their school projects. Can't believe he is only 4 and I spend at least half an hour each evening doing homework with him and also had his first project to complete!!! Only another 10 - 12 years left of it :)

Off to make an oxo now as I also need it to warm me up!! Disadvantages of being at home in winter...need to turn heating on but worried about cost!!!!

Hope you are all having a good day :)

:wavey: x

Hey Elmer
Hope the trip to Maccy Ds went ok! Well done on your genius child :D good to hear he's settling in and doing well!
Hope you hear something soon about the job, although I've often had to turn up on my first day without even receiving a letter, and hope they remember they've employed me! So far haven't been turned away :D
Have a lovely weekend
LED x

Hey Elmer
Hope the trip to Maccy Ds went ok! Well done on your genius child :D good to hear he's settling in and doing well!
Hope you hear something soon about the job, although I've often had to turn up on my first day without even receiving a letter, and hope they remember they've employed me! So far haven't been turned away :D
Have a lovely weekend
LED x

Maccy D's trip went well as DS decided by 3:30pm that he was starving and had to eat there and then so I took my bar with me and sat eating it whilst he tucked into burger and chips! Also took a bottle of water with me so all was good.

Finally heard about my job late yesterday and all is set for Monday....getting excited and nervous but there are at least another 4 people starting the same job at the same time!

Spent today tidying garden and helping DH cut all the overhanging branches off our neighbours tree as it was dropping red berries all over our garden (he did ask permission first!!). Might have burnt a few calories :)

Hope you're having a good weekend x

Well done Elmer, sounds like you're really getting back into the zone now!
Good luck for Monday, nice that you won't be the only newbie!
LED x

Ooppppssss had a bit of a slip up last night. Nothing major but had a nibble on some cheese, prob about 2oz in total. Don't know why I did it as I wasn't really hungry but it was calling to me :)

DH and DS have gone out for a cooked breakfast this morning. Rather they did that than ask me to make it as that would have been too tempting. Saying that I am making them a Roast Pork dinner later today so will be drooling all afternoon. Think I may have to take the dog out for a walk while they eat it!

Already mopped and hoovered the whole house and now chilling out watching last nights episode of Masterchef to see who won?!?

What is wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another naughty day yesterday. Cooked DS and DH Roast Pork and had a couple of slices, 1/2 a small roast potato, a stuffing ball and 1/2 a yorkshire pudding!!!!!!! Also ate 2 slices of ham! Didn't have my bar yesterday as too full from my pig out! Feeling very ashamed of myself but promised myself that I will try my very best to be good today. Its 9:30am and already on my 3rd pint of water. My aim today is to drink 2L by 12 noon as I start my new job at 5pm tonight and don't want to have to leave training every 30 minutes for a wee!! Going to have my shake at 11am, soup at 4pm and then eat my bar at work. Going to tell everyone that I have eaten with DS before coming to work and just need a snack to keep my going. Not going to confess to dieting to a bunch of strangers!!

Annoying day so far as I have so much that I want to do but waiting for a delivery! Need to dig over flower beds (but can't hear doorbell from garden), buy bulbs and plant them, buy DS some new trainers, walk dog and get a spare house key cut........but can't do any of these things until package is here. Knowing my luck it will arrive at 4pm so will get none of this done today. The only thing I can do now is paint my nails so off to do that now! :)

Hi Elmer, how are things going? Hope work is going well!
LED x

Haven't been around for a couple of days as haven't had a minute to myself. Spending day with DS as he is on half term and then leaving for work at 4:40pm and getting home about 11:15pm. New job is going well. There were 13 of us starting at the same time and the majority of them are lovely! Made some great new friends already. Feeling exhausted though as I usually go to bed at 10pm and now not getting to sleep until after midnight. Had a sneaky 1/2 hour kip yesterday while DS was watching a film!!!

Anyway onto the diet!!!!!!!!!!! Not doing too good as I have cheated every day this week. Been having a shake around 11am and then last 2 days had a packet of crisps and some ham in the afternoon and then a bar during my tea break around 8:30pm. The training is so intense that I don't notice my tummy rumbling! Not the best way to do it so was dreading WI day today. Surprisingly I have lost exactly 5lbs which I am quite pleased about. Saying that I bet I would be under 12 stone now if I had done it properly! I am now so close to a healthy BMI its in sniffing distance and now less than 6lbs to go until I reach my initial target. Will then revise it down to 11st!

May have a bad day today though as got to make 50 cupcakes for DH's work. They are having a tea party in aid of Breast Cancer tomorrow and will be selling them to raise money. May just have to do some quality testing :)

ElmerFudd said:
Haven't been around for a couple of days as haven't had a minute to myself. Spending day with DS as he is on half term and then leaving for work at 4:40pm and getting home about 11:15pm. New job is going well. There were 13 of us starting at the same time and the majority of them are lovely! Made some great new friends already. Feeling exhausted though as I usually go to bed at 10pm and now not getting to sleep until after midnight. Had a sneaky 1/2 hour kip yesterday while DS was watching a film!!!

Anyway onto the diet!!!!!!!!!!! Not doing too good as I have cheated every day this week. Been having a shake around 11am and then last 2 days had a packet of crisps and some ham in the afternoon and then a bar during my tea break around 8:30pm. The training is so intense that I don't notice my tummy rumbling! Not the best way to do it so was dreading WI day today. Surprisingly I have lost exactly 5lbs which I am quite pleased about. Saying that I bet I would be under 12 stone now if I had done it properly! I am now so close to a healthy BMI its in sniffing distance and now less than 6lbs to go until I reach my initial target. Will then revise it down to 11st!

May have a bad day today though as got to make 50 cupcakes for DH's work. They are having a tea party in aid of Breast Cancer tomorrow and will be selling them to raise money. May just have to do some quality testing :)

That's a fab loss despite not being 100% don't beat yourself up about it :) glad the job's going well x

Wow Elmer, I wish I could eat crisps and still lose 5lbs! Well done you! :D Glad work is going well, sounds like a knackering day though, no wonder you've needed a little something extra to keep you going! Will it be a bit less intense once your training is over?

Wow Elmer, I wish I could eat crisps and still lose 5lbs! Well done you! :D Glad work is going well, sounds like a knackering day though, no wonder you've needed a little something extra to keep you going! Will it be a bit less intense once your training is over?

Hi LED, sorry not been around for a while, work is really taking it out of me. I am even having to have an hour or so sleep in an afternoon just to keep me going. From Monday onwards I will only be doing 7pm - 11pm so hopefully will cope better. Training is still really hard especially as there are 7 different computer systems we have to learn and they haven't set us up with passwords yet so can't access them ourselves. This makes understanding everything really hard. We have had 4 exams so far and i have passed all of them. In the next 2 weeks we have to pass our accreditations and if we don't we get 2 more goes and then it's bye bye job if we still fail. No wander the salary is good as they are certainly making us work for our money.

Anyway onto the diet.............not doing great. Actually that is an understatement as not been doing it at all!!!!!!! Eating lunch at time and then snacking on crisps in an afternoon but then not eating again in the evening except for the sweets some of the girls bring into work. Decided to WI this morning as usual and was prepared for a gain but actually lost 1/2 a pound!! Not the right way though. Not going to start Exante again until I am settled onto my 7-11 shifts so hopefully by mid November at the latest I will be back. I will then have about a stone to lose before Christmas which is achievable. Did notice that my BMI is now exactly 25 so that's good. I wore a new dress to work last night and was moaning about eating crisps and 2 of the girls said that I was skinny!!! Never been called that before and the dress was empire line so hiding a multitude of sins!

Going to try to eat more healthily during day and knock the crisps on the head. Planning scrambled egg on toast today followed by a yogurt so not too bad.

Hope you are doing well, will try to pop over to your diary later today

Hey Elmer
Wow another half a pound off, well done! I haven't been around for a few days as I've been poorly... and needless to say fell off the wagon and ate loads of carby things which I convinced myself would make me feel better! It's so hard to keep to Exante when you've got so much going on - I think your plan sounds good. I've been struggling but will try to have a WS week now that I'm feeling much better, as I'd like to lose a stone as well to get to goal (but would be happy with half a stone before christmas and the rest in the new year I reckon)
Sorry, I'm going off on my rambles in your diary! Well done on your exams, hope the rest of your training goes well!
LED x

Back