38lbs to go diary!

Well WI day is here again! Very pleased that I had a 2.5lb loss which is much better than yesterdays WI indicated :)

Definitely in holiday mode at the moment. Spent all of yesterday sorting out DS's clothes and getting rid of loads that are too small for him and all the clothes to take on holiday are put to one side so just need putting the suitcase on Tuesday. Another 2 loads of washing done this morning ready for ironing either tonight or tomorrow. My hairdresser is coming round in about 20 minutes so sort my roots out before hols although they were only done 5 weeks ago so not too bad. DS is playing outside in the sun with his friend from across the road.

Decided to have a bbq on Sunday as weather is supposed to be good. Got about 6 people coming but still going to be good as I still have 3lbs to lose to get into the 11s before next Wed. To be honest there is no way I am going to do it but as LED says I am over 2 stone lighter than I was 9 weeks ago :D

Hope you are all enjoying the sun.

:wavey: x

Wow Elmer 2.5 not bad when you're soooooo close to 'normal' weight! Another half pound will see you under BMI 25 I reckon? Even with a BBQ you can do that easily before your hols! Can't wait til I get there too.... its been years since I've had holidays pics where I'm not overweight!
Whats the plan when you get back - will you do WS just to lose the final few pounds? Make sure you stick around for maintenance - I've still got a few stone to go!
LED x

LastEverDiet said:
Wow Elmer 2.5 not bad when you're soooooo close to 'normal' weight! Another half pound will see you under BMI 25 I reckon? Even with a BBQ you can do that easily before your hols! Can't wait til I get there too.... its been years since I've had holidays pics where I'm not overweight!
Whats the plan when you get back - will you do WS just to lose the final few pounds? Make sure you stick around for maintenance - I've still got a few stone to go!
LED x

Gosh I agree LED I'd love to be "normal"
must be great to be so close Elmer :)

LED x

Yes, I am happy with 2.5lbs although 4 would have been great!! (why is it we are never happy?) Depending on how much I gain on holiday I may change my target weight to 11stone which was what I weighed when i got married 9 years ago (and never been seen since). If I gain less than 7lbs I will change it if not I will wait until I get into the 11's and then change it.

Having a lovely day so far. Been sorting out my holiday clothes and trying everything on. Shown about 20 outfits to DH and I have to say I am looking good! :) Feel really confident wearing the outfits I have chosen to take which makes a change as I am the least confident person at times. Isn't it funny how our weight affects us so badly. Also packed 14 shakes and even DH is fine about me taking them. I am really going to try to be good and no bread, biscuits, pasta, potatoes etc.

Supposed to be going to a BBQ in Oxford tonight but giving it a miss. Having a few people over tomorrow for one anyway so 2 in 2 days is not good!

Well BBQ is all over and clearing up down. Was fairly good, one burger, one sausage and a few bits of chicken, some cucumber and carrot/pepper sticks. Oh and a couple of glasses of Coke Zero. Not sure I should have eaten it with having to WI on Wednesday next week instead of Friday but hell it tasted good :) Only had a shake and a bar today and cannot face my soup so gonna give it a miss.....sure it won't hurt to do it once.

Feel knackered so will watch a bit of telly and have an early night. Only 3 more sleeps before holiday :D

Morning Elmer!
Great choices at the BBQ - isn't it great how after doing Exante it seems so easy to just have a sensible amount of food and it feel like a treat!
Have a lovely day today, are you carrying on with holiday prep? Only 2 sleeps to go after all!
LED x

Morning Elmer!
Great choices at the BBQ - isn't it great how after doing Exante it seems so easy to just have a sensible amount of food and it feel like a treat!
Have a lovely day today, are you carrying on with holiday prep? Only 2 sleeps to go after all!
LED x

Holiday packing all finished this morning. Got up at 6am as want to have an early night as leaving home at 4:45am tomorrow so will need to be up at 4am to have a quick shower. Got DS up at 7am much to his disgust as he has a habit of sleeping until about 8 at the moment. Saying that he is still in his PJs at the moment!!!

Hopped on the scales this morning and only 0.4lbs lost so not going to get into the 11s before tomorrow morning but that's not the end of the world :). Will do a final WI in the morning but probably won't have time to post it so as of today I am 12st 2.2lbs not bad considering I was 14st 6 just 9 weeks ago :D

Hope everyone stays strong and see you all in 2 weeks (weighing a lot more no doubt)

:wavey: x x x

ElmerFudd said:
Holiday packing all finished this morning. Got up at 6am as want to have an early night as leaving home at 4:45am tomorrow so will need to be up at 4am to have a quick shower. Got DS up at 7am much to his disgust as he has a habit of sleeping until about 8 at the moment. Saying that he is still in his PJs at the moment!!!

Hopped on the scales this morning and only 0.4lbs lost so not going to get into the 11s before tomorrow morning but that's not the end of the world :). Will do a final WI in the morning but probably won't have time to post it so as of today I am 12st 2.2lbs not bad considering I was 14st 6 just 9 weeks ago :D

Hope everyone stays strong and see you all in 2 weeks (weighing a lot more no doubt)

:wavey: x x x

Have fun Elmer :D

Oh, I think I've missed you and you've gone already! If not, have an amazing time!!!!
LED x

No, still here :)

Suitcases loaded into car and DS in bed fast asleep. Off to bed shortly as need to leave home at 4:45 tomorrow morning but just having a last nose at diaries. Think I will get withdrawal symptons not reading them for 2 weeks! Also no scales..........what will I do!!!!!!! Got my shakes packed though :)

See you in 2 weeks :)

Back from Holiday WI :)

Well I'm back after 2 weeks in the sun. Would love to say it was a great holiday but the food aspect really let it down. It was so bad that some nights we only ended up eating bread as there was nothing that we liked. Considering it was 5* all inclusive there was only one restaurant you could eat in at night and each night there was rice, pasta, 2 meat dishes and a salad bar. The food was so salty too although initially I thought I was finding it salty as I hadn't eaten 'proper food for so long but even DH couldn't eat it and he likes salt!

Anyway the big WI!!!!!! I have put on a grand total of 1.2lbs!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I am amazed as did eat a fair amount of bread although I like the fact I had Egypt belly for 2 days may of helped. Anyway I have made the big decision not to go back on Exante until Sunday 18th Sept. We have my in-laws still staying and will be out of couple of times next week and then going to West Midlands Safari Park on 17th so have lots of eating out to do. Also as the food was such a let down on holiday I am going to treat myself. Had a chinese last night although I ate far less than I used to do. Tonight I am having cottage pie, tomorrow Thai chicken and Sunday a Toby Carvery. I will try to be reasonably sensible and not stuff my face. I expect to put on about 7lbs but I am happy with that. I will then get back onto 100% and lose the last stone or so.

Hope everyone is doing well. Not get time to ready diaries at the moment but hope it catch up in the next couple of days.

Yay Elmer you're back!
Sorry to hear about the food - although it means you don't have that bloated feeling of remorse having put on a stone while you were away! With what you're planning to eat this next week you shouldn't put on too much (if any!) real weight then either - maybe some water weight and a pound or two of actual weight but that won't take long to shift!
Enjoy this next week, sounds like you deserve a few treats! We had a similar sounding holiday in Tunisia a few years ago - every night it was an unidentifable meat stew! Didn't gain much that hol either ;)
Welcome back
LED x

Restart 19th September!

Well I'm back.....finally. Restarted yesterday weighing in at 12stone, 6.2lbs which is exactly 4lbs heavier than before my holiday. Considering I have been off the diet completely for nearly 4 weeks I am happy with the gain especially considering this past 9 days I have eaten like a pig....curries, chinese, roasts, pizza, I've had it all :eek:

Anyway after a lovely weekend at West Midlands Safari Park I started again yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Coping without food was no problem at all, it was the headache that got to me! Also my poor son bore the brunt of my short temper and was generally annoying me! Had a strawberry shake, tesco bar and mushroom soup. I thought the soup would taste disgusting like the first time I had it but it was surprisingly nice so onwards and upwards!!:)

DS started reception class last week and when I started this journey my one aim was not to be the fattest mum at the school gates and I wasn't :D :D (by far!! in fact I was nearly one of the slimmest)

Not got a huge amount to lose now before target so once I have reached it I am going to reset my target to 11st. If I can reach that by Christmas I will be absolutely thrilled and the lowest weight since my wedding in 2002. I am going to try my dress on again in May next year for our 10 year anniversary and really want to be able to get into it. It has hung in my wardrobe for 10 years nearly and I have never even got it out of the cover as I knew I wouldn't be able to get into it. Hopefully that will change soon.

Anyway off to bake a cake for my niece as she is 4 tomorrow and her mum asked if I would make one! I WILL NOT LICK THE BOWL :)

:wavey:

Well day 3 is more than half way over. I am not finding this nearly as hard as the first time around. No headache yesterday or today (YET) and really not missing eating normal food. It fact I even said to DH yesterday whilst eating a vegetable soup that I had missed it and my 'hot' chocolate shake this morning was delicious. I am feeling really lucky as most people restarting seem to find it harder the 2nd time around :)

I have been applying for jobs like mad for the past 2 weeks now that DS is at school. It's really disheartening as you don't hear back from any of them. Must have applied for at least 3 per day and I spend time tailoring my covering letter and CV to each job and nothing!! It makes my angry!!!

Anyway this morning I applied for 3 and all 3 have come back to me and will be putting my CV forward to their clients. 2 are evening jobs paying really good money and one is a job share role not paying as much but it is perm when the other 2 are long term temp roles!!! Hopefully I will get one of them so I can get some money in for Christmas presents and to buy myself all those new clothes I will need soon!!!

My DH keeps accusing me of shopping when I am only wearing stuff that I couldn't fit into before or felt too fat to wear.

WI in will be the day after tomorrow so will keep strong. Will only be 4 days but hoping for 5lbs :)

Welcome back Elmer, I've missed you! Fab result only putting on a few pounds, especially when you enjoyed all that yummy food! Hope it made up for the food on holiday :)
Good luck on the jobs, its so frustrating isn't it putting all that work in for nothing, but I think these days its a numbers game - apply for enough and your CV will always come out top of the pile sooner or later! Things are a bit tight for us since I've been on mat leave and gone part-time, am starting to think about christmas too (luckily DS is only a year old so will be happy with a cardboard box!)
Well done getting back on track too - I'm doing a TS marathon in the run-up to my holiday (day 19 today!) and am really seeing some results again - my work trousers are almost falling off me today, think it might be the last time I wear them!
Have a good day
LED x

Welcome back Elmer, I've missed you! Fab result only putting on a few pounds, especially when you enjoyed all that yummy food! Hope it made up for the food on holiday :)
Good luck on the jobs, its so frustrating isn't it putting all that work in for nothing, but I think these days its a numbers game - apply for enough and your CV will always come out top of the pile sooner or later! Things are a bit tight for us since I've been on mat leave and gone part-time, am starting to think about christmas too (luckily DS is only a year old so will be happy with a cardboard box!)
Well done getting back on track too - I'm doing a TS marathon in the run-up to my holiday (day 19 today!) and am really seeing some results again - my work trousers are almost falling off me today, think it might be the last time I wear them!
Have a good day
LED x

It looks like you are doing brilliantly...4lbs most weeks :) How long now until your holiday??

I have already bought DS a few things for Christmas. Unfortunately at 4 his wants everything he sees on TV so he may be disappointed this year!!!! Bought a couple of things in the last ELC sale and the other day I got him a 1/2 price Ben 10 Pinball machine which he will love. Not going to go mad this year as other years it's all got a bit silly. His birthday is at the end of January so once I have all his Christmas presents there is normally more than enough for birthday as well!

Isn't it a great feeling when your trousers are falling off. One day one of us will have an accident :eek: I have had to buy a belt for my jeans which was cheaper than new pairs. Want to get to my final goal before buying new clothes then I will have an incentive to stay at target :)

Anyway got to check DS is eating his breakfast. Think he is on a diet to as he refused to eat anything but an apple this morning...not happy as I don't think this will set him up for the day so going to try a slice of toast with peanut butter in a minute (I hate peanut butter so not tempted to eat myself if he leaves it!)

Bye for now

LOL I've noticed I've been feeding DS and DH lots of things that I don't like so that I'm not tempted!
Off on hols in a weeks time, keeping fingers crossed that the weather stays good! Looks like I'll have to dig out the next size down clothes from under the bed before we go! I'm not buying anything new either til I'm at goal - have saved my birthday money for a bit of a spree in a couple of months time!
How did today go Elmer?

Morning all :)

Didn't have a great day yesterday. By mid afternoon I was feeling shivery cold and grumpy. DS was overtired from the night before and all he did was moan. Unfortunately at about 2:30 when DS asked for a snack I reach for the crisps and had a packet myself :(. Then I had a couple of slices of ham and then 2 marshmallows!!! What was I thinking of especially with WI the next morning!!!

Onto that WI. I want to get back to WI on a Friday hence WI after only 4 days this week. I am delighted and amazed that I have lost 5lbs making me 12 stone, 1.2lbs and a pound lighter than before hols :):):):):) However I am kicking myself that I may just have made it into the 11's if I hadn't cheated. I am determined to be 11stone something by next Friday. I am only 5.5lbs away from my first target which I hope to reach in 2 weeks. I will then change to 11st target and start again. Hopefully will be 11st exactly by end of November.

Have a morning of vigorous cleaning planned and an afternoon in the park. This is the last day that DS goes to school just in the morning, from Monday he will be there all day. I think I will have a very tired little man on my hands next week bless him. He has a birthday party to go to this Sunday at his new best friends house (they have only known each other 2 weeks but are inseparable :) )

Bye for now

:wavey: X

Hey Elmer, it happens to us all every now and then, don't beat yourself up! Sounds like you were right on the brink of ketosis, having had a few carbs won't delay that by more than a day and all that cleaning you're doing this morning will burn those carbs right up!
Well done on the weigh-in, 4 weeks worth of gain lost in 4 days, and then some!
I hope to be at goal by end of Nov too, that leaves December to refeed and get used to food again before christmas, so that I can enjoy small but delicious portions of scrummy christmas food!
Hope today goes well, hopefully by tonight you'll be in ketosis and feeling good again :D
LED x

Back