3rd day grumps?

sarahj16

I'm on day 3 on SS+, I don't know whether I'm coming or going, I can't concentrate and I'm very irritable (which isn't much fun for my daughters) feeling light headed on and off, no headache though.

Just wondered if this is normal?

Hi Sarah!! It really is true that the first days are pure hell! What you're feeling is perfectly normal, the headaches are mostly due to the sugar and carb withdrawals your body's going through but they should ease off after the first week! I vomited on my first day and thought id never make it to day 3 but now I'm on day 17 on SS!!

Look at far you've cone already you're nearly past the awful first week! Also abit obvious but ... are you drinking enough water my CDC told me to up my intake to 4 litres a day? So maybe add more water to your daily intake to see if it helps you out a bir

Very normal. Its withdrawal symptoms mixed with entering ketosis x

Thank you both, I'm drinking around 2.5 litres, plus whats in the shakes and soups which is a huge amount more than I normally drink (usually I'm a couple of mugs of tea, a glass of squash and a glass of wine a day girl)

I'm quite lucky as I dont kind drinking water... My CDC that's great as she loathed water and still does! Just stick with it and look at far you've come already hunny you're doing great!!

Keep going Sarah... It does get better but if you give in you'll have to go through it all again. Day 3 was AWFUL for me, I could have cried! Be strong, ALWAYS have a small glass of water and sip constantly, then fill it up as soon as its gone. X x

Back