4 day win ~ martha beck ~ anyone

justjudith

*waves hello*
Anyone done/doing The Four Day Win? by Martha Beck?

I have read a bit of the book and found it good... so far.... but just wondered if anyone else had done this system and if so what did it feel like and did it help? Four days sounds kinda doable but haven't a clue about rewards.

Be good to have any feedback:)

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Hi I have not heard of that one. Quick fixes don't work for me but they are good as a quick start so will be interested to see your replies. Good luck to you x

Perhaps I have not explained it well..... 4 day win is NOT about quick fixes but slowly over series of four days make and build upon habits that will fit into any eating plan. You can take one goal and make it into a series of four day wins and so over the course of time you have "ate the elephant ~ one bite at a time" The pyschology is that you can do most things for four days which you would baulk if you thought you had to do them forever....

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Am I the only one here who has read the book?

Lonely

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

The book is called 4 Day Win (could have "diet" at the end) I'd recommend it. It isn't a food plan ~ it addresses our way of thinking.

I got it from amazon! It wasn't dear. Its by Martha Beck!

Still lonely here in Miadstone

Judith & PIckle the wonder dog

Hi, I'm joining in a bit late here I've not been around Minimins much lately.

This book was so important for me that I wrote about it in this section:

http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-head-inside-your-body-will-follow/214987-book-review.html

It helped me massively to understand a lot of what was going on for me, but as I've been having other issues with family difficulties and binging to avoid the painful feelings it hasn't been all I needed.

I hope it is still working for you JustJudith (and Pickles the Wonder Dog :) ) I'm tempted to pick it up and do some re-reading 0 if I can find it, my bookshelves are a shambles :( Thanks for posting about it.

ps, I never actually bothered about the rewards bit - just contemplating the issues was enough for me and doing what exercises felt relevant.

Back