4 days in

Well yesterday's high has subsided and I'm now faced with the last day of freedom after 2 weeks off. Been busy doing some planning for next term, but still have loads to do and I am trying to stay calm about it, but this far failing miserably. It's horrible how your job can dictate your life. Mine certainly does! I love the teaching part but the long hours and paperwork can be demoralising.

I am wondering how easy it's going to be, sticking to this at work? From reading others diaries, some people seem to find it a lot easier. I'm worried that a bad day, may trigger an age old response of craving junk! Plus I'll be left to my own devices a lot more...

These next few weeks at work are going to be stressful and I know they are coming. I suppose feeling underprepared for them makes me feel a little helpless, even though I've done a lot, I always feel like I never get to the end of my "to do" list an end up just trying to prioritise, which makes me feel a failure.

Anyway on a positive note, I am kinda wondering what I look like under all this chub? I've always been big, I hope that this person trying to get out lives up to my expectations? Lol.

Diet still remains on track, however I'm still in a state of shock! Maybe her scales were wrong?! Lol time will tell...

Right, enough moaning! Stuff to do

Her scales won't of been wrong remember to just go by her scales ;) anyway I back at uni tomorrow and hoping the horrible canteen will not call me!!! Keep going huni there is a fabulous slim chick inside (I always told people there is a skinny chick inside me I ate her hahhhahahhah) have great evening
Luv Sharon. Xxxx

Hahahaha I like that! Aaah uni....those days are well past me now!!! :) so much fun though :) you enjoy your evening too :) xxx

Well first day back at school was not as bad as I build it up in my head :) I love seeing all the pupils again. They are so much fun to work with and make me smile. It's awesome that such troubled kids can come to school, try very hard and put in triple the effort of mainstream kids, even though they find it twenty times more difficult to be there. I get a bit awestruck by them :) they are the reason I love my job.

I have drunk plenty of water this evening, but still have a bit of a headache? Oh well, maybe I'll sleep it off?!

TOTM :( just how much DOES it sway a woman's weight? I'm weighing in around five pounds heavier than Sunday! Lol will have to get my lycra hold ins out!

A couple of people noticed I'd lost some weight and looked healthy today :) it was nice to think that this diet is paying off! It's helped to
Keep a food diary of exactly what I eat and drink. I think that there must be some sort of miracle enclosed in the folic acid the dr prescribed for my (hopeful and fingers crossed) forthcoming pregnancy! I am usually a proper Mardy cow the week before, during, after TOTM, but I've taken it all in my stride and knocked a couple of days off my cycle length this month :) tmi - I can only apologise! But am hoping that the weight reduction will increase my chances of getting pregnant as I have PCOS.

I have decided to visit my CDC fortnightly so that I can see the results of two weeks instead of one. She thinks I have enough drive and focus to manage this, and as I have a hectic schedule on weekends its much better for me. So there are still 12 more days until next WI :) I'm hoping to have lost another 5lbs by then, I hope this
Is not an unrealistic expectation!

Well bedtime for me. Sweet dreams everyone out there xxx

Well I am now nearly finished day 16, and it seems to be getting easier, except I left my Cambridge book at mums and I forgot what I can have to eat? I hope green beans are on there because they were the only veg at the m and s garage I chose to shop in tonight and I was too tired to go to the supermarket. Lol.

Have a nice day ahead tomorrow :) looking forward to it! It's at my old place of work so I'm looking forward to seeing old colleagues :)

Hope everyone is well and staying focused :) xxx

Well I'm on day 17 :) so far so good. That next weigh in seems a long way off and my scale is a horrible liar (accordin to them I'm 16.2! But totm may be affecting this lol) hoping my boyfriend will come over later, I go to a pottery class on a Wednesday and I get to pick up what Iade last term so I'm excited to see my first creations all fired and finished :) hoping that they don't look like road kill or some other sort of massacre! I like going though. It's therapeutic time for me. Ghandhi had a retreat there so I do feel very privileged to be going :)

As for the diet, no hunger pangs, no cravings, no slip ups. Just powering through and even turned down my food nemesis of malteasers today! Unheard of! Usually can scoff a whole no in one sitting!

Feeling good, and need a belt for my trousers lol :)

My sculptures have turned out ok for first goes :) think I might make a teapot next. Mainly because I have developed such a huge addiction to tea since starting this diet :D.

Had my dinner early to go to pottery and surprisingly I don't feel hungry?! Glad, glad, glad! After reading some of spangles diary I thought I should have a milestone to aim for and a treat to look forward to when I get there....

I'm thinking perhaps taking the time to go shopping and chose an outfit that fits well. I've always hated shoppin because I never fit into anything pretty that I like...so...when I've lost 2.5 stone, I'm going to Oxford to do exactly this :) only from a high street shop because hopefully it won't fit too long!!! :D heehee

Well done, you doing really good :)
Noticed you have pcos, do you take metformin? If yes, have you stopped taking it on This diet? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello, I do take metformin and I haven't stopped taking it as I have diabetes and am under close supervision from the dr. My body is used to it and it isn't something you should just stop without guidance. :) but I'm feeling really good with it and my blood glucose levels are the lowest they have ever been! So I am really chuffed about that as it makes any forthcoming pregnancies much easier to carry and my bloods easier to manage. Although the consultant sai I will have to be monitored closely and will need insulin during pregnancy when I start trying to conceive :) xxx

Are you in ketotis then kfirth? I thought that was bad for diabetics? Or is keto-acidosis different to ketosis?

I'm not sole sourcing, i'm doing stage two so I do get to eat. Im type 2 diabetic, the dr knows about my diet as does the diabetic clinic I'm under and it has been deemed safe for me to do this diet. So I'm ok :) as for ketosis, I don't know if I'm in it or not? I don't use ketostix, but as the dr recommended this I do feel safe to be doing it and any adverse reactions would mean I'd seek medical attention straight away :) so at the moment I've never felt better :)

kfirth said:
I'm not sole sourcing, i'm doing stage two so I do get to eat. Im type 2 diabetic, the dr knows about my diet as does the diabetic clinic I'm under and it has been deemed safe for me to do this diet. So I'm ok :) as for ketosis, I don't know if I'm in it or not? I don't use ketostix, but as the dr recommended this I do feel safe to be doing it and any adverse reactions would mean I'd seek medical attention straight away :) so at the moment I've never felt better :)

My friend Jenny is diabetic she has all clear from docs but unfortunately she has bmi over 40 and the cdc's can't decide what plan she should be on she is really upset!!! She knows she can't do SS x

Excellent! I wasn't questioning it, just curious as I know a friend of mine who's daughter is diabetic has gone into ketoacidosis before now and been rushed to hospital and when I went onto CD she kept telling me how dangerous it was! I had to argue with her that it was only dangerous if you were diabetic. And that normal going the body adjusts its insulin levels.

Well my bmi started at 35, I have found stage two really good for me. I just googled keto acidosis and apparently it occurs in anyone who's ketone levels get too high? But my doc is fab and insists on very regular checks. I hope your friend gets sorted :)

kfirth said:
Well my bmi started at 35, I have found stage two really good for me. I just googled keto acidosis and apparently it occurs in anyone who's ketone levels get too high? But my doc is fab and insists on very regular checks. I hope your friend gets sorted :)

And surely when you do ya blood sugar it detects keystones and normally it is when ya blood sugars are high as well and in type 2 it is quite rare xxxx

Hi there

Me too, this is the first time I've used technology to chat but feel so much better for it already. I have read so many posts today which inspired me to confront my food dragon and call the cd consultant. Have to wait to hear if I am allowed on the diet as I have had some minor surgery last week. Fingers crossed.

Hi there

Me too, this is the first time I've used technology to chat but feel so much better for it already. I have read so many posts today which inspired me to confront my food dragon and call the cd consultant. Have to wait to hear if I am allowed on the diet as I have had some minor surgery last week. Fingers crossed.

Well good luck i hope everything is ok for you to start!! i have fingers crossed for you
luv sharon xxx

Hey new to CD :) hope everything goes well for you! This forum is great for keeping motivated and seeing testimonials that aren't just in CD advertising, showing that the diet really works :) let us know how you get on xxx

kfirth said:
Hey new to CD :) hope everything goes well for you! This forum is great for keeping motivated and seeing testimonials that aren't just in CD advertising, showing that the diet really works :) let us know how you get on xxx

Hey chick how was school today lol

Oh right, I take metformin for my psos. I'm not diabetic, not sure what to do as thought it might lower my blood sugar too much. But if I don't take might go back to not having periods x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back