4 hour car journey what to eat

Jack_D

Hi there,

Next friday, i am going to skegness for a 3 day rock - blues weekend ( coming off plan (lots of drinking) but still goinging to be good), what i need is advise on what is best to take in the car, i know hubby likes boiled sweets ect, i normally take crisps and lots of lovely sweets....

Don't really want to stop of at motorway stations, well only for a loo stop and maybe petrol ect.

So come on guys what can i take

Do you like fruit? You could make a fruit salad to pick at? Or eat before you leave and then again when you arrive and just have a banana inbetween!

I asked a similar question and got loads of good advice. Search for car journeys thread. Good luck x

make quiche and eat it cold. Cold meats.. chopped carrots and dip... fruit fruit and more fruit, grapes as you can pick at them..

I asked a similar question and got loads of good advice. Search for car journeys thread. Good luck x

Just searched thank you, and some good ideas there, love the one from Mrs V, about the "car picnic box" think that the sort of thing i will be doing.... cooked cold chicken, and plently of chopped fruit

Thanks again everyone

Would definitely go for a box of 'bits' to pick at - carrot & pepper sticks, light baby bel (HEA), chicken or hard boiled egg, fruit salad etc

Don't forget to take a bottle of water x

Back