4 litres is your lot water intake please read

ooo thats good ... I thought that I was doing hopeless at it... weeing for britain though lol

I really hate water still at the mo so Im like a fussy kid with vegs trying to sneak it in different ways lol

Last edited:
i've just added some cold mint tea to my bottle of water; it's nice having a bit of "flayour".

Once your body starts realising it doesn't have to "hoard" water for fear of not knowing when the next intake will come the weeing should settle down.. so i'm told lol

Struggling with water

Hi

I'm really struggling with getting two litres a day, mainly due to my job as I'm out and about a lot and don't have access to the loo. I don't think I've hit 2 litres any day this week. How bad is that?

REsolved today to make myself drink more water, as I heard this can lead to kidney failure in ketosis if not. Is that true?

Thanks

Jo

The medical evidence on whether ketosis can lead to ketoacidosis (where the body becomes acidotic) is very much out to lunch. In some studies ketosis was found to be beneficial to some medical conditions (e.g. epilepsy) and the old medical belief that it was medically unsafe has been very much discounted. However there is very little medical research on the effect in diets as it's just not been used in that form for long enough to get a represtentative sample for study.

In general I think the advice is to follow the water advice as much as possible. Can you drink more after work when you are at home maybe?

I've got to say I do get worried that I'm drinking too much but I do love cold water.
I've got 6 500ml bottles in the fridge each day that I definitely go through and then some and then both shakes are made with 720mls total each day so I'm definite that I'm drinking more than 4L. I feel perfectly fine with it though and I try not to drink it too quickly.

Back