40 day challenge!

Good evening Midge and good luck with your new challenge. Belated happy birthday wishes for last Saturday :birthday: xx

Thanks GP!! I had a FAB time lol.

I'm sure you'll have a good first week Weecoxy. I've got back into it okish but did feel hungry yesterday so had a couple of eggs. I'm sure it'll get better each day after the restart. How long have you been off plan?

Lost a lb off the weekend gain this morning and feel much better than I have for the last few days (not bloated anymore). I used to feel so uncomfortable so often through eating too much - madness!! Might have 4 shakes today so I don't get hungry then back to 3 tomorrow...

Time to get dressed and ready so I can sit in the sun for half an hour before work :)

Have a good day everyone!

Another lb has come off so I'm only 3/4 of a lb more now than before the weekend celebrations. I'm back in Ketosis - awful breath again. I think that's the worse part of this diet, I hate it!

I'm feeling really impatient this morning....I want to lose the weight NOW. I've 'only' got a stone or so to go so I know I'm luckier than some, but I want it to be gone. The diaries really help when I feel like this as you can read through a diary in just 20 mins and it can cover months and months. I've got to remember mine will be like that if I keep going.

Another gorgeous day so I'm getting ready and heading to the beach again for an hour or so before work!

x

Good news on the scales today, I've lost the 3lb gain and another lb! Looking forward to WI on Tuesday. I'm less now than I've been for 18 months and it feels so nice :) I've decided not to worry about ketosis anymore as I get really, really bad breath when I'm in it and it's bloody horrible! Now I'm so focused I don't think I'll have a problem sticking to the plan even if I do feel hungry. So I'm still staying on the shakes but will have salad/veg or diet coke to keep me just out of it but still low cal. I've got 5/6 weeks til our holiday so if I don't think I'll make target in 3/4 weeks time I'll cut right back for the last 2 weeks and see if ketosis helps shift the last little bit.

Got family due round soon so it's chicken salad for me :)

x

WI day and I've got rid of the 3lb gain last week...and another 1.5lb :) Just half a pound off of losing 1 and a half stone. Very happy with that, especially considering that I'm eating out at the weekends (usually twice!). Sticking to TS Monday to Friday but trying not to go in to ketosis still. Can really see and feel a difference now in all my clothes. I wore a dress yesterday that I wore about a month ago, but last month it was tight on the boobs so I couldn't wear a bra. Yesterday absolutely no problem! And a dress I bought 6 weeks or so ago to get into for my grandaughters birthday next week fits lovely too! I love getting up and deciding what to wear now. I used to get up and decide what to cover up with.

Happy days! I'm so glad I tried Exante!

x

Well done Midge, it feels great when the frocks start fitting again doesn't it?

I lost 3lb when I did my WI this morning too. Had a bitter sweet moment with my own dress trying on session tho as a black dress that was way too small for me before I started exante now fits but I was trying it on whilst trying to find something to wear for my Dad's funeral on Friday. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Keep up the good work, sounds like you've really got the balance licked. XX

Oh noo! I'm so sorry.....I wondered where you'd been. Hope you're holding up as best as possible and that Friday goes as well as it can for you and your family xxxx

Another 1/2lb off today so that's just over 1 and a half stones gone...and my jeans feel too big! :eek:

x

Well done on the weight loss Midge, you're doing amazing! xx

As for the jeans...

well it just means you need to shop! Happy shopping! :D :bliss:

Thank you GP - I think that's a very, very good idea. Not sure my OH will agree. He can't understand my new found interest in clothes! It's so nice to decide what to wear each day after a year of deciding what will cover me up each day lol.

Thanks Flubster!

Well, weighed again today and I've lost another lb! I can't believe it really... I'm having 3 shakes each day and usually a little packet of chicken or ham. I'm also having milk in coffee when I fancy it and yesterday I blended up a banana with my morning shake (gorgeous it was!). Maybe it was good to each at the weekend to get my metabolism confused? I don't know, but I'm happy. I'm not in ketosis but it's still working amazingly. Very happy today!

Good luck to everyone - keep at it, it does work!
x

Time to have a serious chat with myself! I've been far too complacent this weekend and it's already shown on the scales. Grandson stayed over and I picked at his crisp, cereal, etc. then grandaughter's birthday party yesterday and I had two shakes then picked at cake, crisps, chips, etc. As everyone says, it's far easier to just say no completely but as I say, I've got complacent as the weight's been coming off so well. My proper WI is tomorrow but as of today I've put on the 1.5lbs I'd lost this week. Even if I lose 1.5lbs this week that's still only 3 real lbs in the last 3 weeks as I gained over my birthday. Not good enough!! And I know what I'm doing wrong as such, so got to get back on to it properly. Weekdays are fine, I'm pretty much TS with the odd bit of chicken or ham but this weekend was definitely the picking and thinking the weight loss will still happen. I was good in so much as when we went to McDonalds I didn't have a meal....but I pinched 9 or 10 chips from OH which I wouldn't have done a couple of weeks ago. Grrr....

Right, fingers crossed there's a weight loss tomorrow and this weekend is event free so will be much easier. I won't get to goal by my hols if I don't concentrate!

x

Chin up Midge! Don't beat yourself up. You've identified where the problem lies and are clearly set to get back on track so all you have done effectively is slow down your loss not undone it. You sound like a strong person and I'm sure you will get this licked (unfortunate turn of phrase!! Lol)

I know what you mean about it being easier to avoid food altogether. Sometimes I feel like an alcoholic must feel about drink - so long as I don't have any I'm fine but once I've had the first mouthful any resolve I may have had goes out of the window. I am a little bit scared about the whole reintroducing food scenario at the moment but food is one of my greatest pleasures and clearly I can't spend the rest of my life avoiding it. Hopefully I can re-educate myself to the principles of healthy eating and everything in moderation. I am not a stupid person and could probably recite chapter and verse what I should eat, however putting the theories into practice has, in the past, seemed to be beyond me.

Anyway, enough of my woes - good luck with your onward journey, I'm sure you'll be fine. XX

Good morning Midge as Footie says don't beat yourself up. You know what you've done and can just give it 100% today and fingers crossed the scales show a good loss tomorrow! xx

Thank you FW and GP.

WI today.... grrrrrr.

Stupid woman. That's all.

x

Good morning Midge, absolutely next week will be better. Knuckle down and onwards and downwards xx

Hello Footie Widow,
I totally agree about the bit you said about it being easier not to pick at all at food, because once you've got the taste it's so hard to stop! The thing is other people keep trying to convince you that one bit won't hurt, but it does and really it's annoying to have to explain. They wouldn't say go on, have a cigarette it won't hurt! I'm hoping that when I reach my goal weight, I can reeducate myself to eat smaller portions of sensible food, and get weighed once a week to keep on track. Good luck everybody! MiniMins is keeping me motivated. X

You're right that Minimins is a motivator. I don't want to come on here and say I've failed so it's always in the back of my mind.

I'm back on TS (ish), had some chicken yesterday but that's it. No change on the scales as yet, I wish I could stop weighing each day but that's only because it's not been good. Once I start losing again I'll be motivated so it's a double edged sword I guess. If I hadn't of weighed during the week I wouldn't know that I'd lost and put on in the space of 3 days - not sure if that would have been better or worse.

Although the weight loss has slowed down (partly my fault), I'm still confident I can get right down for our hols in 5 weeks time with Exante. I can't wait! It'll be our first holiday abroad together and I'm determined I'm not going to be hiding away under towels around the pool.

Positive head back on!

Hope everyone's doing well. We'll get there :)

x

Back down to 11.7 but going so slowly...! Maybe it's staying out of Ketosis that's slowing it down or maybe it's just one of those things. Never mind, as long as it goes I can take another few weeks to get where I want to be. I still haven't exercised at all so part of it is my fault.

Felt like I was in ketosis this morning as my breath and mouth tasted awful so I've just had a banana shake with a banana blended into it - totally gorgeous!! Hopefully that'll keep me out of ketosis so I can stand within 5 feet of people without them wondering what the awful smell is lol!

Got a surprise bbq tonight for my friend so I'll stick to a piece of chicken as I'm not letting the weekend spoil things again diet wise.

Have a great day everyone and remember you can do it!

x

Woweeeee!! What a weekend. Very, very bad diet wise, but so much fun I can't regret it lol. I was very 'good' at the bbq on Friday night. We then went for a quick lunch at 2pm on Saturday and got home at......gone midnight! Totally fell off the wagon! Sunday was spent recovering - which didn't work. Yesterday I felt so so so bad. So tired and achey. Not felt that bad for a long time. I had to eat (anything and everything) in the hope I would feel human again which this morning I'm so glad to say I do. There's no more friends' birthdays now before our holiday so we're both back on it seriously. I'm not weighing until Friday and that will now be my official WI day.

Feeling very bloated today (not surprisingly!) but still very positive about getting back on the diet. Must order some new packs as I'm running low!

Hope everyone has a good day!

x

Back