40 day challenge!

Thanks Kelly, I will do if I don't see her about.

Well, day...20 something, and all is well lol. Slept last night, did have a dream but although it was weird (peas, peas and more peas!!), it didn't wake me up. Weighed again this morning and I'm down another 1/2 lb at 12.0.1/4 (if that makes sense). So, just 1/2lb by Monday will see me in the 11's! Fingers crossed. We're off out today for lunch somewhere but I'm not worried at all, I'll be having protein only and those nasty greasy chips can go and do one!

Going to have another sort through my wardrobe and try things on - wondering if any of my jeans will fit yet...off we go to find out!!

Keep going everyone!

x

Hi, here I am. Nice to be missed but nothing untoward, just too busy to spend as much time on here as I'd like. I'm still sticking to TS and experimenting with coke zero, bouillion and sweetners as last week I had a sudden weight rise mid-week for no apparent reason and somebody mentioned that aspartame can cause probs for some people. I've just bought some of those new stevia sweetner tablets as I guessed that they do not contain the aspartame of the other brands?? Will let you know if it was all a red herring or if there is anything in it.

Hope you have a great lunch Midge and the jeans fit - fingers crossed. I've not been having weird dreams but I've definitely been dreaming more and sleeping less than I normally do.

Keep up the good work. XX

Know why you mean about being busy, just realised its a week since I caught up on everyone's diaries! I have strange dreams too, I find the trick is not to read too much into them, it's just your brain trying to make sense of things... I dreamt last night that I was helping Silas (the serial killer from Hollyoaks!) to hide the fact he had stolen a kitten.... Very odd lol!!! :)

Day 27 today and all is still well! I had chicken and a small green salad yesterday (inc cucumber, oops) and just a couple of shakes. No change on the scales today = got til tomorrow morning to get that 1/2 lb off so I'm in the 11's. Wonder if it's a coincidence but I ate yesterday and didn't dream much last night.

Not sure what we'll do today as it's peeing down as usual. Got a couple of DVD's but want to go out and do something. Might end up going out for lunch I guess but that's not a problem, as I won't eat anything bad (bet the OH does).

Off to experiment a bit more with my new smoothis2go for a nice thick shake for breakfast.

Have a good day everyone - and sweet dreams lol!
x

Jsut reporting in on the smoothie....WOW! I need to add more water on the next one, it was gorgeous but I struggled to finish it! Well worthwhile the £25, makes them into a smoothie or thick shake or even thicker depending what you add. Definitely going to experiment with it a bit.

I've got 2 weeks til my birthday (and the end of my initial 40 day challenge), and 2 months till our first holiday abroad together (only been together 18 months). I've done over a stone and would really like close on another half a stone by my birthday (unlikely tbh), and 1.5 stones by our holiday. I've got no doubts that I can stick to this diet (first time ever!). Will set me some more mini goals this week! :)

Morning all!

Damn...scales not moved over the weekend so still at 12.0.1/4. But I'm feeling a big loss next week coming on! Positive thinking lol! Have still lost over a stone in a month so can't complain and I WILL be in the 11's by this time next week ooooooohhhh!!!

Going to do a bit of indoor exercise this morning as still damp and horrible outside so don't fancy walking.

Have a good day everyone!

x

Good morning Midge, I think your weight loss is fab. Well done! Isn't this diet just amazing! :hug99: xx

Ooooh so glad you have treated yourself to a smoothie 2go. Made all the difference to me (well, that plus the discovery of Tesco ultraslim bars!). Love, love, love the shakes now, blitzed with ice. So yumMmy! :D

Though whenever possible I try to have them when I'm wrapped up in a fluffy fleece on the sofa :winter_brr: I'm sure they'd be even more enjoyable in the sun! :D

I'm still a Tesco Ultraslim bar virgin! I'm worried it will set my tastebuds off too much :)

Just had another smoothie.....so yummy!

x

Smoothies sound great Midge and bet you're right about the loss storing itself up for next weeks WI. Intrigued by the 'indoor exercise' as you're still in the honeymoon stage - nothing too sordid I hope. Still if it works!!! Lol. Keep up the good work. XX

Hah FW - I meant a 10 min work out via the internet (that sounds worse!!)

Well, the scales are really playing up lately.... I'm now 12 stone exactly. That bloody 1/4lb keeps going and coming lol. I WILL get into the 11's in a couple of days....I WILL lol!

I'm getting addicted to the shakes made in the blender. So scrummy, I think I'll always keep having them for breakfast and maybe lunch. It's great to know there's something so easy to help keep you in shape once the hardest work is done.

Time to get a move on and check out how my clothes are feeling (another addiction lol!)

Have a good day everyone

x

Good morning Midge, hang on in there it will go down. You're very brave weighing so often, I couldn't :D xx

Must invest in one of these smoothie makers - what type is yours Midge? Glad you're not letting that pesky 1/4 lb get you down. XX

Hi

I got a Kenwood Smoothie 2 Go from Argos £25. Very, very nice! If you use lots of ice and little water it's really thick, or a little ice and bit more water it's a smoothie. Highly recommend it.

Another TS day and all is well. Perlease let me get down 1/4lb in the morning!!

You'll all hear me screaming if I do (or don't!)

x

YAY!! 1lb and the blasted 1/4lb gone!! I'm in the 11's....the end is in sight! Although I'm quite short, I was 11 stone 2 years ago and felt great. I was a size 10/12 so although I was probably still classed as overweight I was very happy. People must carry weight differently I guess. I'd like to get to about 10.10 this time so I'll feel better in a swimming cossie on our hols. After recently measuring my bra size properly and going from a 36B/C to a 34 E/F I guess a lot of my weight is in my boobs!

We have a Shared Table at work today (we're all taking in a dish). I'm not sure if I'll take some chicken or not.... Probably not, I think I'll take the smoothie maker and have eat one with a spoon instead (actually prefer them to food at the moment). I think I'll I be more tempted today than when we went to the cookery school as it'll be lots of little picky bits and it's harder not to think 'one crisp won't hurt' than it was thinking 'one scoop of trifle won't hurt'. But I will try to stay strong and really think a smoothie will help with it.

Off to update my stats now! Roll on Monday for the next official WI (though I'll still do it each day no doubt!)

x

Good afternoon Midge and well done for getting into the 11s! :hug99: xx

Another little bit off! That's 1 stone 3 lbs in just over 4 weeks - fantastic!

I did fine yesterday with the table share buffet. Lots of lovely stuff but I stuck to a pack of chicken that I took with me. The cakes did look bloody lovely though!

OH has now lost over 1.5 stones. I've been so lucky having him on a diet at the same time. It must be so hard to be feeding someone else whilst dieting. We don't have any food in the house so there's definitely no picking! He wants to lost another 10lb or so and after then will just have a light evening meal so should still be fine.

I've got 10 days or so til my birthday. I wanted to lose 1.5 stones by then. It's still possible - only 4lbs off it. I'll then carry on til my goal of 10.10 hopefully in time for our holiday in early September.

Right, off to hassle the tax man for my refund....

x

Well done Midge - you will walk the 1.5 stone and look fab on your hols. Your loss might not be as big as you would like (we all want to wake up having lost it all overnight) but you are so close to your goal that your losses are fantastic.

I know what you mean about feeding others, I have 4 others to feed and not 1 of them has the same meal at the same time (MIL with dementia who will only eat soft bland stuff, shift working hubby, autistic son who will only eat certain foods and teenage daughter who changes her favourite food each week to keep me on my toes). Strangely most days I find it therapeutic to cook for them and I have turned into a feeder! I don't usually have a prob resisting unless the scent of the food is something strong that I like (garlic bread, pizza, roast lamb etc).

Living my life vicariously through my family is clearly my role in life at the mo. Lol. Keep up the good work. XX

Such a great diary Midge, I've just read all ten pages and your positive attitute towards the diet is amazing. Well done on your weight loss and I look forward to reading more as you continue shrinking! :)

Hol x

Back