5:2 diet and hormones?

lornab612

I have previously looked into the 5:2 diet but became concerned when I read that in some people it caused problems with their hormones and menstrual cycle?

Sorry it's quite a personal subject but I was wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions on this...

Not sure about 'live' hormones but I went into menopause last year and I know I'm struggling against an uphill tide and I'm now on HRT. I think any diet is going to affect you in some way and, being women, that usually means in a hormonal way.

I remember from my LiterLife days about how some hormones being stored in our fatty tissue and as we lose this we release the hormones again which can cause slight changes. I'm not sure if it was of concern because of the speed of a VLCD or it's just a general side effect of losing weight and we all have to be prepared for these changes.

Ii think in the end you have to judge for yourself the difference being a better weight will be compared to not and having to go through these hormonal changes. Life ain't easy bein a woman!

Back