5 Days waiting for ketosis?? My headache!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by lighterlifeclaire, 15 March 2008 Social URL.

1. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    OK... I have been on track since Monday... I think it was Tuesday that I ate a few grapes and lapsed... yet again... but since those grapes I have been 100%. 2 days ago (I think) I had a bar... but was probably not even in ketosis yet...

So although I've been "good" and haven't eaten anything besides whats been issued since Tuesday, I think I have probably delayed my wall climbing by having the bar b4 I got into ketosis.

I've drank heaps of water today, and just thought I'd go to bed but have got a splitting headache... didn't have a bar today, just stuck to the 4 shakes, because when I checked on wednesday I wasn't in... I'm assuming it can take 5/6 days then?? (baring in mind the grapes.. and the bar during "week 1")

Suppose tomorrows gunna be worse! arrrrgggghhhh!! Glug glug :tear_drop: I thought I was in ketosis already, without any symptoms!!

I've just read this bk and it sounds really complicated! Am going bed... will review in the mornin! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Aww hon, if you are still feeling poorly today, just get out the paracetomol, and your duvet and take care of yourself. You'll get over the wall soon.....take care of yourself no! :)

4. LilacAngel

LilacAngel Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    It will depend on how many "last suppers" you have had re how long to get into ketosis - going abstinent may start your period too which also may account for some of your symtoms ;)

:)

5. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Stick with it honey, you're a strong person and you can do this --- hopefully by this morning you'll be in the ketosis club xx

6. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Yep it done that alright... bloody thing... Was due on the 10th and by the 12th I was beginning to get worried (funny cos before LL I never had periods!! - but now they're like clockwork so 2 days out is odd!) Lo and behold... ketosis kicks me in the head and so does Aunt Flo :eek:

Pain in the arse.. well... more the stomach really :p

7. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Checked a stick this morning and am pink but at the lower end... reckon by tonight I'll be "proper" haha... all's good though, I don't fancy eating ..

and I've done it before so I'll do it again...

POSITIVE... POSITIVE!! :D

8. bexnkev

bexnkev Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    way to go Claire... keep positive, you know you can and will do this :) Glad the old ketosis is kicking in, it really does make things easier doesn't it :D

9. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    Hi, awful isn't it? I have put on a bit and am now taking corrective action. I waited a day or two as I knew my TOTM was due and as I get a migraine then I decided that the ketosis and TOTM migraine could combine! I haven't too bad a head but feel like roadkill today. Am taking it easy by trying to sort out my finances - if that diesn't drive me to food nothing will!

Good to hear that the strips r changing colour!

10. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Keep going Claire! Cna you forget the stix? Are your clothes baggy??? That's the question.

11. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Claire from what I believe as long as you're pink you're in it .... the colours just depend on how much liquids you have in you --- not enough water it's very dark pink and if it's really light it's cos you're bladder is bubbling!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.