Total Solution 5 stone to go!

Oh yes, I struggled with just the shakes and had to get some savoury stuff. I think spending all that cash up front on soups etc also gave me real motivation not to waste it all!!

I think you're clearly committed, deciding to "restart" today. If this diet were easy, we'd all be the size of Kate Moss! Good for you! Let us know how today goes x

The Slim Fast bars aren't good as I understand it because they have loads of sugar in them. There are some ones from Tesco, a Tesco own brand in fact, that I think you can have but can't remember the actual name of the range.

I think they're called Ultraslim, Cate, but can't find any in Gabalfa Tesco! Lol. I'll have to try further afield :)

Well done on the 2lbs down, especially considering it wasn't a 100% week, that's fab! I'm going to be placing an order tonight for another couple of weeks supply...Are the chocolate mint shakes that good?? I'm dying to try them! Had my first chocolate one today and it was drinkable but I amnt a big chocolate girl. LOVE after eights though so will give the mint one a bash! Just hope I don't become addicted! Lol! Exante for life!! :8855:

Thank you :) The mint choc shakes are the nicest IMO. I wouldn't go as far as to say addicted though... There are worse things to be addicted to though I suppose!

Oh yes, I struggled with just the shakes and had to get some savoury stuff. I think spending all that cash up front on soups etc also gave me real motivation not to waste it all!! I think you're clearly committed, deciding to "restart" today. If this diet were easy, we'd all be the size of Kate Moss! Good for you! Let us know how today goes x

Thanks for the motivation coffeemate!

I think they're called Ultraslim, Cate, but can't find any in Gabalfa Tesco! Lol. I'll have to try further afield :)

OMG Lux, just realised that you're in Cardiff too! How did I miss that? Where are you? I'm in - surprise surprise - Thornhill!!

I'm not sure but I think Tesco have stopped doing the ultra slim bars which is a shame because they were really nice. Pleased to see you're straight back on the wagon Lux. No point in dwelling on what's gone! Another day, another exante day!

Definitely worse things to be addicted to!!

Best of luck with the restart! You're gna do great!! X

How you getting on Lux x

Cheers, ladies.

Today is not so bad, thanks Susie :) My exante delivery didn't come until this afternoon, so I had my last slim fast bar for breakfast, and am looking forward to pasta carbonara tonight :) I tried apple and cinnamon porridge last night - it was horrendously bad :( not to my taste at all!

I'm off to take my daughter to a play centre now - just hoping I can stay away from the yummy cakes and lattes!

Cate - I'm in Gabalfa/Mynachdy, right near the flyover!

Hope the carbonara is nice!
Enjoy the play date! :)

How was the carbonara?? I can't stomach the meals - no amount of herb and spice seems to make them palatable. BLEURGH!!!:sign0137:

Everyone's tastes differ so much on here. Its all trial & error with the packs isn't it.

I love the plain porridge, & vanilla shakes. My favourite by far is the Shepherds pie. My other favourite is the choc orange bar from slim & save.

Once you find some you like you might fancy experimenting a little. I tend to use the porridge & vanilla to make a kind of pancake out if them. Some make little muffin type things out of the packs. Makes it a bit more interesting.

Hope you like the Carbonara later x

Day 2

Well, I've managed to avoid all temptation today. And I'm pretty chuffed with myself :p

Instead of taking K to playcentre, I took her to the park, it was a lovely afternoon and I wanted to avoid cake! There's an ice cream booth at the entrance, which I managed to avoid looking at, but then at the other end of the park I spotted an ice cream van. Luckily she's only 15 months old and has no idea what ice cream is! I'd be screwed otherwise ;) Made a b-line for the swings instead, and had a lovely time playing. I had to pass the booth again on our way out. This time, I found myself in the queue. Soooo close! But then I saw a pregnant lady, and I remembered exactly why I need to lose weight. Not only do I want to be fit and healthy for my little one, my husband and I also agreed we weren't going to try for another baby until my BMI is at least below 35 (it's the cutoff here for whether you have consultant/midwifery led care - I'm trying to avoid consultant intervention next time!). So I need to be 12st 11lb or under. That's 19lb. 19lb sounds doable. It is doable. But I've got 71lb to get to goal... that sounds like too much :/

Oh dear, I was feeling so positive at the beginning of my post. Feel a bit miserable now.

71lbs is doable too! :) Well done on a good day and on resisting temptation.

Last edited:
Oh, I hope so Cate. I feel rather flat now. I'd like to lose 4lb this week so I can reach my first mini goal. Will feel better then :)

You can do that Lux, try not to think too far ahead & take one day at a time.

Well done on not caving in to an ice cream xx

You're right Susie, I tend to look way too far into the future, always. I just need to take it day by day :)

Here's the link to the FB swap site, Lux. It's a closed group so you have to request to join before you can view posts and post yourself.

NB: I have removed the link because it didn't work.

Last edited:
Back