5 years later... let's do this thing!

Kamikat

After a long leave of absence from the forums, I've decided to come back. I used to post frequently on here about 5/6 years ago, back when I did Lipotrim, and the community really helped me to stay accountable and I lost a hell of a lot of weight. 5 years later, I've tried a bunch of diets with varying success, fallen off the wagon too many times to count, stress-eaten way more than anyone ever should, and in July during a routine check-up my doctor referred me to the nurse for nutrition advice and monthly weigh-ins when my weight hit the highest it's ever been. The first month was great, the second I hit a rut and weight loss went slow, and at my last weigh-in a week ago I'd gained a bit of weight and I got a well-deserved bollocking from the nurse. Not at all good.

So now I'm going to track my progress regularly online, and hold myself accountable. This is Day 3 of macro counting, and I'm back on Couch to 5K, having just finished Week 7 Run 1. I've bought scales which measure weight, body fat and BMI, and I'll use those to track progress and remind myself to not be disheartened when fluctuations happen. I've got this this time. God knows how many times I've said that, and how many times I've sworn I wouldn't go over a certain weight/BMI, but I'm going to do and stick to it this time.

Highest weight: 110kg (July 2019)
Current weight: 106.7kg
Body fat: 48.9%
BMI: 38.7
Goal weight: 65kg

Welcome back and best of luck.

I'm the same as you with the whole promises to myself that I would never get back to a certain size and did.

Love this forum, it's so helpful.

Dxxx

Thanks Dolly, best of luck to you too! We've got this :)

Day 4
Macro counting's interesting. Yesterday got the balance almost perfect, today when adding up what I could have for dinner realised that I'd undercarb quite a lot if I wanted to eat up the fish I've been saving (had a great teaching day today so I'm in a good mood). Overcal-ed a bit with potatoes and honey to make up the carbs, see how tomorrow goes.

Last edited:
Day 5
Just got back from buying toffees in case trick-or-treaters come by (it's not big in the city I live in), hope they take them off my hands. Tomorrow I'm hosting a get-together in my house so I'll put what's left over out for the guests. The problem if I have just one is that I then want another, and it gets dangerous. I need to work on this. I ended up having one (had enough cals/carb macros left) and I was really tempted to have another. Ended up going into a different room and even then it was a good hour before the 'must have more sugar' feeling completely disappeared.

Last edited:
I'm the same, if I have one I have to eat the whole blooming packet - I have NO self control at all.

That's something I really need to work on aswell.

We don't get many trick or treaters now either, I don't get home until about 7.30pm anyway so by the time I get in from work most of them have been and gone.

Dxxx

Day 6
Weighed self at the same time as yesterday and weight has gone up. So new rule, not going to weigh myself until Tuesday so I don't get demoralised by day-to-day fluctuations. Felt a bit under the weather this morning so stayed in bed (it's a bank holiday here) and didn't have breakfast until nearly 12, so decided to make it a very early lunch. Quite heavy on the cals and carbs when I put it in the macro calculator so having a fish and lentil dinner to balance it out. It's like solving maths problems, if this has x carbs how much of y should Kamikat add to meet protein goals? Fascinating.

Day 7
Had a party tonight which was really fun. Macro-ed breakfast and lunch and came out quite low, impossible to count dinner macros at the party and I'm sure I went over. Yet another reason to not weigh myself until Tuesday... had a great time as a one-off though, as long as I make sure these splurges stay as one-offs.

Glad you enjoyed the party, I think it's important to still live while trying to get rid of this weight, if we don't we're more likely to quit and end up back where we started.

Dxxx

Glad you enjoyed the party, I think it's important to still live while trying to get rid of this weight, if we don't we're more likely to quit and end up back where we started.

Dxxx
Agreed, the problem for me is falling into the trap of thinking 'It's a one-off' multiple times a week. Hope that keeping the diary will help keep me on track!

Day 9
With the re-addition of chicken, protein macros are easier to hit. Almost looking forward to tomorrow morning's weigh-in to see how that's going. Haven't noticed a change physically persay - yesterday I got stressed about something and slept badly so I don't feel energized at all today, and clothes fit about the same. Today got a long day at work so bringing a fruit snack to help me out.

Same here but we'll get there won't we.

I ended up eating Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week :classic_mad:

Must do better.

Dxxx

Same here but we'll get there won't we.

I ended up eating Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week :classic_mad:

Must do better.

Dxxx
We'll get there, we've got this! Even though rough days come like you say, onwards and upwards.

Day 10
Weighed self, have hit 10% of my 'to lose' goal, huzzah! Going on holiday next weekend so going to try to keep being good this week.

Day 11
On Wednesdays I meet a client at a restaurant, sometimes I've eaten a packed lunch beforehand and gotten just a sugar-free drink, once I got a meal there, and I'm always tempted by the snacks and desserts. Today tried to be good and not order anything but a drink, temptation's pretty high because even after a full lunch I get hungry seeing other people eating! It helps that my client usually eats beforehand as well and only gets water, but still not the best environment healthy-eating-wise! Maybe one day I'll work out macros so I can have a not-so-guilty lunch, but now isn't the time.

Day 12
I have a stupid work schedule, so sometimes I have dinner at 6pm and some days, like today, I don't have it before 10pm. Feeling mopey about life stuff, having not eaten anything since 3.30pm lunch except a plum probably isn't helping, and mopeyness makes me more tempted to eat junk. Damn cycle.

Just got back from holiday in Amsterdam, had a great time! Ate way too much unhealthy food, back on the wagon tomorrow with no excuses.

Hi hope you had a lovely time. I think I remember you from when I did lipotrim 6ish years ago. Best of luck getting to goal x
Hey Jenny I think I remember you too! Good luck to you too, you're making amazing progress!

Back