5 years later... let's do this thing!

I’m new here and just wanted to say you’re doing really well. Exams can be massively stressful and studying at home can be hard - tempting also to pick at food. I particularly like how realistic you are - some days are going to be days where we might fall off the wagon, but you are very matter of fact about it and get straight back on. I hope I can manage to do the same

Hi, just found your thread. Well done on the frequent updates and sorry to read you've been having a tough time with exams. Hope your cat is doing better this week.

I had a long absence from the forum too until late last year, and I find it helps to keep reporting in even if I'm talking to myself most of the time :) I hope this week is better for you and you're feeling better.

Thanks! My cat's doing better, and exams are over so that's the good news. All the best on your weight loss journey, you're doing great!

Weighed myself this morning after a week of quick meals and eating out and... eek. Got to get back on track!

I’m new here and just wanted to say you’re doing really well. Exams can be massively stressful and studying at home can be hard - tempting also to pick at food. I particularly like how realistic you are - some days are going to be days where we might fall off the wagon, but you are very matter of fact about it and get straight back on. I hope I can manage to do the same

Exams aren't great, I really fell off the wagon this week, but like you say some days are like that and just got to get back on afterwards. Good luck, you're doing great!

Thanks! My cat's doing better, and exams are over so that's the good news. All the best on your weight loss journey, you're doing great!

Weighed myself this morning after a week of quick meals and eating out and... eek. Got to get back on track!

Glad to read things are getting better and hopefully you can get back on track now, You know how to do this 💪

Okay, trying to get back on track again. The last week wasn't great, didn't eat out much but overate junk food at home, and a couple of times binge-ate. I feel a lot of shame when that happens, I really hope that doesn't happen again. Over the weekend didn't macro or calorie-count but did make a conscious effort to only eat meat and veggies, going to try to keep that up this week. Going away on Thursday for a long weekend to Scotland, will try to not overeat too much when I'm there. Started jogging again today, about 50% of what I achieved back in September, but going to get there bit by bit. I tell myself that and hope that by putting this here I can hold myself accountable and be more conscious of what I'm doing to my body.

So on the plus side weight's going back down again, hopefully won't take too long to get back to where I was pre-exams. I really need to work on my stress habits, how can two weeks of screwed-up eating mess up my body so badly?

...I say that and after 5 days' holiday in Edinburgh weight's jumped back up again. Need to go food shopping now I'm back, will try to avoid temptation and get only healthy things.

Damnit went food shopping yesterday, bought some snacks to spread out throughout the week. And ate them all last night. Woke up with a stomachache, why do I do this to myself? Looks like I still can't let myself buy unhealthy snacks for the time being. Made a load of tomato stew with chicken and lentils and veg that should last me a while and got berries for a snack later after work, maybe I should go out to more events now that exams are over.

I can relate to buying snacks and they only last the day.:confused: Reason I don't have any in the cupboards now.:)
That is a good way to do things. I've now got nothing in my cupboards since this seems to be the only way that works for me at this stage. Toward the end of last year I could manage myself better after a month of macro-counting, thought I could control myself better now but clearly I'm not ready yet. Today I just had a berry and cream snack, cream's not fantastic but I'll keep trying to do better. Also 2 stone loss, amazing! Hope you manage to stick with your healthy goals :)

Weighed in, back on track, trying to banish the temptation to have celebratory fast food. Bit sick of meat at this point and need to go food shopping, shall avoid snacks this time. Why am I fine with repeating carb-heavy meals and yet get sick of repeating low-carb meals? Maybe that's part of my problem right there.

Last edited:
Come on Kamikat, I'm kinda hungry but it's nearly bedtime. Trouser legs were a tiny bit loose yesterday. need to remember that this feels better than the taste of junk food. I want fast results, and get disheartened, and I overeat and regress. Need to break this cycle!

Good weekend life-wise and food-wise. Trying to not give in to the 50% pizza offers that keep appearing on my social media, can do this.

Okay, back at pre-exam weight. First mini goal is to get below 100kg, it looks more attainable now. Can do this.

Yesterday I finally got round to painting one of the bedrooms that I'm letting out at the end of the month, fell into an exhausted sleep when I was done. Today my body doesn't want to move at all so had breakfast in bed. Still got a lot of cleaning up to do so I might start that after lunch.

Yesterday I finally got round to painting one of the bedrooms that I'm letting out at the end of the month, fell into an exhausted sleep when I was done. Today my body doesn't want to move at all so had breakfast in bed. Still got a lot of cleaning up to do so I might start that after lunch, got some premade stew so that saves me cooking. Not sure if I want to go out or not to a Women's Day event, on the one hand I usually do try to go to a march or protest, on the other hand there've been confirmed Coronavirus cases in my town and even more in the city itself (I live in mainland Europe) so not sure a crowded event is the best idea.

Okay, back at pre-exam weight. First mini goal is to get below 100kg, it looks more attainable now. Can do this.
Hey, just read your whole thread. Congrats on getting back to pre-exam weight! How have things been going since?

Back