50 is a new beginning ☺

Thu 4/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, porridge (HEB), 14g raisins (2)

L: pear, mullerlight Greek yogurt (0.5), cheesy mug shot (2), apple

D: SW chicken tikka masala and rice

S: 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), 1/2 wispa bar (11)

Syns 15.5

Last edited:
Thank you, that's so supportive and encouraging. I have to lose the weight now as the impact on my knees and hip is horrendous and painful. It's a constant reminder why I'm doing this.

At 39 I quit smoking 40 a day as I felt ill all the time; however, the benefits of that were instantaneous. The benefits in losing weight are slow to notice as it takes time; however, I hope I persevere. I am just going to take it one day at a time and hopefully by the summer I will start to notice the benefits.

Up until last year I always went away for at least one week of walking challenges. In one week I climbed Snowden twice and Scafell Pike once, now I find it difficult to walk half a mile. My aim this summer is to stroll up Snowdon again :)

Lol@ stroll up Snowden!
Go You!! X

Fri 5/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, porridge and 14g raisins (2) apple, pear, brooklea fat free yogurt

L: mug shot cheesy pasta (2), brooklea fat free yogurt

D: SW meatballs and pasta, Parmesan cheese (2)

S: 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), Cadbury fudge (5.5), dominion butterscotch (5)

Syns 16.5

Our new washing machine arrived today. Husband was at work so I plumbed it in. Put a small bit of washing in to test and it seemed to wash fine but won't spin. How frustrating.

Last edited:
Wrong programme? Does it have a push in/out button for fast spin, does it pump water out?
Have you taken securing bolts out used for transit?

Wrong programme? Does it have a push in/out button for fast spin, does it pump water out?
Have you taken securing bolts out used for transit?
It's faulty, all packaging, bolts etc removed the drum turns and drains out but doesn't spin on any setting. I rang the supplier this morning and they wanted to send an engineer out from the manufacturer. However, as I received faulty goods I wanted a replacement or my money back. After being kept in a queue for a total of 45 mins and speaking to four people I advised them of the consumer rights act 2015 and my right to have my money back up to 30 days after purchase. My new machine comes on the first call tomorrow morning. It's handy to know your rights.

Sat 6/2/16

B: wholemeal roll (HEB), light cheese slice (1/2 HEA), bacon and egg

L: strawberries, 2 mullerlight Greek style yogurts (1)

D: steak, potatoes, mushrooms and baked beans

S: skimmed milk for tea (1/2 HEA), Cadbury creme egg, Malteser bunny (17)

Syns 18

Over synned on chocolate :)

Sun 7/2/16

B: wholemeal roll (HEB), bacon, egg, light cheese slice (1/2 HEA), 2 mullerlight Greek yogurts (1)

L: melon, strawberries

D: steak, potatoes, baked beans, ketchup (1.5)

S: skimmed milk for tea (1/2 HEA), 5 mini Malteaster bunnies (15), 3 chocolate biscuits 12

Syns 29.5 Oops ;)

Last edited:
Mon 8/2/16

B: green veg smoothie

L: banana, Apple, pear, cheesy pasta mug shot (2), 2 mullerlight Greek yogurts (1)

D: SW chicken saag and rice

S: skimmed milk for tea (1/2 HEA), 6 rich tea light biscuits (12), 8 mini creme eggs (20)

Syns 35

Ooh I was good up until late this evening when I couldn't stop myself stuffing all the creme eggs :(. This is when I sabotage myself, as there is no reason for it and I ate then whilst lying in bed. I am going out tomorrow night and I always seem to ditch the diet when I plan to do something, instead of sticking to the plan up to the event and then having a good time and going back on plan straight after. That's how I should approach it.

Last edited:
Mon 8/2/16

B: green veg smoothie

L: banana, Apple, pear, cheesy pasta mug shot (2), 2 mullerlight Greek yogurts (1)

D: SW chicken saag and rice

S: skimmed milk for tea (1/2 HEA), 6 rich tea light biscuits (12), 8 mini creme eggs (20)

Syns 35

Ooh I was good up until late this evening when I couldn't stop myself stuffing all the creme eggs :(. This is when I sabotage myself, as there is no reason for it and I ate then whilst lying in bed. I am going out tomorrow night and I always seem to ditch the diet when I plan to do something, instead of sticking to the plan up to the event and then having a good time and going back on plan straight after. That's how I should approach it.

Kat, we all know how we should approach it, but we are human, all sorts of things come into play at all sorts of times...thoughts, memories, emotions, hormones, learned behaviour , habitual behaviour . Don't beat yourself up for being human xxx

A 3lb loss, total loss 10lb and second target achieved. I've weighed in a day early this week, but I will be back to Wednesday weigh ins next week.

Tues 9/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, porridge (HEB), 14g raisins (2),

L: Apple, pear, cherries, jacket potato with chicken and bacon filling (3)

D: meal in Turkish restaurant (50 plus syns)

S: 350ml skimmed milk for tea (HEA), chewing gum (1)

Syns 50+

As you can see over this week the syns are gradually creeping up, finishing with a night out in a Turkish restaurant with a couple of glasses of rose. Tomorrow, a complete refocus and no more than 15 syns a day; one piece of chocolate instead of five or six. I bought a fair amount of chocolate that I like when I went shopping at the weekend, so I set myself up to fail really. I am going to avoid doing that on the next shopping trip.

Kat, we all know how we should approach it, but we are human, all sorts of things come into play at all sorts of times...thoughts, memories, emotions, hormones, learned behaviour , habitual behaviour . Don't beat yourself up for being human xxx
I know, in a way I am treating this as my diary and recording my thoughts. By acknowledging my downfalls I am hoping to gradually change my habits so I stay in this for the long hall.

Wed 10/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, banana, porridge (HEA), 14g raisins (2)

L: apple, pear, grapes, jacket potato with chicken and bacon filling (3)

D: SW chicken tikka masala and rice

S: 350ml skimmed milk for tea (HEA), chewing gum (2), dreamy (5)

Syns 12

Well done on your weight loss so far xxxx

Thu 11/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, banana, porridge (HEB), 14g raisins (2)

L: Apple, pear, 2 mullerlight Greek yogurts (1), jacket potato, with chicken and bacon filling (3)

D: SW Mediterranean chicken and pasta with Parmesan (2), grapes

S: 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), chewing gum (1), iced gems (5)

Syns 14

Last edited:
Fri 12/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, porridge (HEB), 14g raisins (2), banana

L: cheesy pasta mug shot (2), apple, pear, 2 mullerlights Greek yogurts (1), cherries, grapes

D: Chicken, potatoes, veg and gravy (2)

S: 350 skimmed milk (HEA), chocolate (8)

Syns 15

Last edited:
Sat 13/2/16

B: wholemeal roll (HEB), bacon, egg, cheese slice (1/2 HEA)

L: pear, grapes, banana, 2 mullerlight Greek yogurts (1),

D: SW meatballs and pasta, mozzarella light (5)

S: skimmed milk for tea (1/2 HEA), wacko biscuit (5), 4 mini creme eggs (10)

Syns 21

Sun 14/2/16

B: 2 mullerlight Greek yogurts (1)

L: wholemeal roll (HEB), bacon, egg, cheese slice (1/2 HEA)

D: pork fillet, potatoes, veg, apple sauce and gravy (3)

S: skimmed milk for tea (1/2 HEA), 4 mini Creme eggs (10), white chocolate bar (11)

Syns 25

Back