50 shades of grey books

I am so slow reading!.......so still on book one!....but then again, only read when I go to bed, and sometimes, just want to sleep!

kim63 said:
Im a quarter the way thru the 3rd book & cant wait for it to end! Skim read thru the 'naughty' bits as Im so bored of reading 'Oh Ana, Oh Christian' & what position they've ended up in now! Just need to see if it has a decent conclusion!

Hahaha, I agree!

I finished book one yesterday afternoon and straight on to book 2! I must say i found it hard to put down. Weather was too muggy here so couldnt sleep due to heat/pregnancy/get comfy so got a lot further into the book then i thought i would. Big mistake getting them for my phone..I don't think my battery appreciates getting charged all the time now lol Oh well atleast i have something to read at work other then the same old 'gossip' mags.

:)

At last finished the trilogy! Think I saturated myself reading all 3 of them 1 after the other. Looking forward to reading the new Patricia Cornwell novel now as I'm all smutted out!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Finished all 3 of the books, I think that they were once one book but the publishers must have told the author to split it!
Must admit compulsive reading, never read 3 books so quickly, must now read the other books on the kindle..........

I got these after wondering what all the fuss was about and now I am so glad I have my Kindle as no one knows what you are reading!!! I did not know what they were about when purchased them but did download all 3 at the same time and I actually read all 3 in about 3-4 days, I also have the kindle app on phone so while (although naughty) stuck in traffic I was reading them (bout 20mins on way home) then just sat in the conservatory with them till it got too cold!!!!

I did think they became really repetitive and also started to scan through the 'sex' scenes just to get on in the story. The story line is good and anyone who stops reading half way through the 1st book give it a chance as there is a decent story there.

Now to read the others on the Kindle!!!!!

parfittaroles said:
I know what you mean. I'm on the third & I've started to skip the sex scenes too. There's only so much 'oh ana' I can take, haha!

Does it offend your inner Goddess? Lol

Mumma K said:
Finished the first .....quite enjoyed the novelty as not my usual
style of reading matter
After the ending thought the start of book two rather lacking
no clear explanations on how they got back together etc

Found out why I totally didn't get the start of book two haha
It was because it wasn't book two at all
I totally missed it out as my kindle had downloaded it outta sync
and what I thought was book two was indeed book 3 DUH!!!
So now to actually read book two and the bits I missed

No wonder I was confused

Mumma K said:
Found out why I totally didn't get the start of book two haha
It was because it wasn't book two at all
I totally missed it out as my kindle had downloaded it outta sync
and what I thought was book two was indeed book 3 DUH!!!
So now to actually read book two and the bits I missed

No wonder I was confused

Lol. I could see that happening.

Well, I have joined the club and got the books on my iPad, loving them, the only negative bit of the hype of facebook is that hubby asked what I was reading, typically when I was on one of the naughtier pages, he then asked to have a read to see what all the hype is about......

Heaven help me :8855:

Mine was dispatched from amazon yesterday - I read the twilight books within a week so I have a feeling this could follow suit.....

I initially told myself I was not going to join the hype bandwagon on these books... until I noticed the Kindle downloads were cheap on Amazon yesterday! Book one was read in 6 hours yesterday evening. On to book 2 this evening me thinks!

Not my usual kind of read, but makes a nice change from the crime fiction that I usually read!

What strikes me as really strange is all the folk on FB raving about it and 'going to bed with Mr Grey' or wanting a 'Mr grey of their own' are married or in relationships. The potential is right there beside you.... or am I missing something. Surely its a heck of a lot more fun taking the initiative and getting what you want than just reading about it. Given the choice I know what Id prefer, which is why I havent read the books :giggle:

I wouldn't want a "Mr Grey" of my own, he's way too high maintenance!!! That said, I can understand why there's a surge in "activity" - relationships can get a bit sluggish, but with a spark of imagination thrown in they can soon be livened up again. If people are having more fun because of it - then no harm done in my opinion!

I'm on a few facebook groups for buying/selling locally - and there are a remarkable number of requests from people looking to buy them because all the local supermarkets are selling out as soon as they get stock.

Back