50lbs down but back size still the same

chele80

On a mission
Huh?!

I went to be measured for a new bra yesterday in M&S. I always get mine from there and she said I am the same back size as before.

I said I can't possibly be, I've just lost 3.5 stone, how can my back size still be the same?!?!-and a 40 none the less at a size 14 and under 13.5 stone!

Just goes to show, your actual physical frame can dictate your size and confirms to me that BMI is a load of twaddle!!

I add my MIL is bigger than me, taller by 5 inches too and still only wears a 32. WTF?!

Wow, that's surprising! On the plus side, at least you don't have to remember a new bra size whenever you go shopping ;)

I've got a broad back and shoulders and I don't think that will change either, or if it does it will be marginal. My mum has a broad back too even though she's been a size 10 most of my life, so I think you're right, sometimes your frame size will not change no matter how much weight you lose.

Hi Chele, et al -

I am the same. I could never eat again and my skeleton would have a 36" rib cage. I lost 5 stone and my bra size never really changed. A little tighter with back fat bulges at top weight and 60 pounds later -- move the hooks in a notch or two. and what is really sad is even fat by cup size did not vary much. Overflowing B (possibly C) at top weight and comfortable B at lowest.

My friend regained the four stone she lost -- and at least two stone are up on top. She looks like Katie Price from the waist up!

MM

ipersonally have had issues whenever i've been to Magic & Sparkle for bra fittings. I'm a 36 E and they tried telling me i was a 40 D! had the same issue when i went to be measured there before. It varies from shop to shop unfortunately. I'm completely different in Ann SUmmers than i am in La Senza! it's ridiculous!

Your Correct Fitting

If bra rides up at back . . . adjust hook and eye closure to tighten, loosen straps or try a smaller band size (34 instead of 36).
If band digs in . . . order one band size larger (36 instead of 34) or opt for a bra with a wider band.
If sides bulge . . . order one band size larger (36 rather than 34) or choose a style that provides more cup coverage.
If cups overflow . . . order one cup size larger (C to D) or one band size larger (34 to 36).
If shoulders are sore . . . loosen bra or opt for a bra with wider, or padded straps.
If bustline sags . . . shorten straps, avoid stretchy fabrics or choose a firmer support style with rigid straps.
If underwires pinch or poke . . . order one cup size larger (B to C) or try a non-underwire soft cup style.
If straps slip . . . tighten straps or opt for bra with wider straps.

Are you sure you know your size?

To check your bra size, you need only take two measurements which are -

1. Underbust Measurement
Measure under your bust:
add 4ins. if the measurement obtained is an even number of inches
add 5ins. if the measurement obtained is an odd number of inches.

(For example, if your underbust measurement is 31ins., add 5ins. to obtain bra size 36, or, if your underbust measurement is 30ins. add 4ins. to obtain bra size 34.)

2. Overbust Measurement
Measure round the fullest part of your bust to determine Cup size.
If the bust measurement: is:
same as your bra size, your Cup size is A.
1in. more gives Cup size B
2in. more gives Cup size C
3in. more gives Cup size D
4in. more gives Cup size DD
5in. more gives Cup size E
and so on through F, FF and G

An example:
Underbust measurement of
29in. + 5in. = bra size 34
Overbust measurement of
34in. = Cup A

So the correct fitting would be 34A

Guidance on Knicker Sizes
(UK equivalents)
S = size 10-12, M = size 12-14, L = size 14-16,
XL = size 16-18, XXL = size 18-20, XXXL = size 20-22
S-M = 10-12, M-L = 14-16
These notes aim to provide general indication of your bra size. However, the best guide is a bra you already wear which is comfortable. Please also bear in mind that sizes do vary between manufacturers and between different styles of bra. In addition please note that the older you are, you may need to be more generous when you measure yourself.

Thanks Minnimel, I've been meaning to measure at home but don't have a fabric tape measure
Out of interest I am going to go somewhere else and ask to be measured and then see what the difference is!

chele80 said:
Thanks Minnimel, I've been meaning to measure at home but don't have a fabric tape measure
Out of interest I am going to go somewhere else and ask to be measured and then see what the difference is!

Lol I didn't have a fabric tape measure either, lol should have seen me with the normal DIY tape measure. Picked up 1 in tesco for 70p!! :eek:)

Back