56 days til crimbo!!!!!! 2 stone down?

Isn't it incredible.. how a lot of our 'eating disorders' are almost thrust upon us.. I was a lovely slim, size 12, teenager.. developing boobs and hips and may I say looking pretty good and off i was whisked into the world of 'feeling fat' and dieting.. Then I had my dad freaking if a boy even looked at me!! and not allowing me and my sisters to wear makeup or any type of revealing clothes.. No wonder I got messed up... FFS!!!!

you're right hun, thats why I've done 810 (with a small addition of cheese- oops) this week, as I knew deep down I couldt continue with SS. I guess if I switch to WW from 810 I would only be consuming an extra 200-300 calories so should be ok to move from one to the other as long as i'm careful with carbs. But if I do 1000 for a few days to be on the safe side.... should be ok? x

Sounds like a brilliant plan wannabslim.. No wonder you have been so succesful losing weight, you have a very sensible head on your shoulders :)

I`m moving myself up the plans this week, but i think as long as i`m careful with carbs, no as drastic as atkins, then i should still lose until christmas, it`ll be a lot slower, but will be more enjoyable than what i`m doing now.

it`s quite scary how parents can alter our adult lives without even realising.

Too blinking true Buffydog - it makes me sooo careful about what I say to my kids - sounds like you are the same.. sounds like we are breaking the cycle and that has to be a good thing :)

Right OH wants to get onto the PC so I am off..

Much love and hugs to you lovely Angels :)

hello guys. sorry to put my tuppence' worth in really late, ha. my mum has always been the same. she's always been complimentary of me, proud of me, left me with no doubt at all that she loves me more than life (she has a heart valve and lost two babies before having me, and then nearly died. she REALLY wanted a baby) however...

she always, from the age of about 8-9 that i can remember started telling me to be careful. and telling me i was eating too much. i needed to watch my weight. this got worse as i got older and i got fatter.

we were looking at old photos recently and i'm there in my swimming costume with a towel around me and she said 'look at you, with your towel around you because you thought you were fat' and my only response was 'that's only because you told me i was' and the look of shock on her face!! i don't think she ever realised she was doing it. she was doing it because she was looking after my health and didn't want me to have to go through what i am now, but it gave me a big complex about it and i started sneaking food and feeling guilty about wanting it.

then when she came to visit me last week she said 'oh my god. you look so different. i can really really tell. usually you tell me you've lost weight and i can't tell but this time i really really can. you're doing really well'.

and i told her that it's probably because this time she's told me she can see a difference. all the other times i've told her i've lost a stone or so, and i have, and she said 'well i can't see any difference' it just upset me and made me give up. because i just didn't see the point in struggling if she couldn't tell. and she went very very quiet and apologised.

also, she has a bird-like build. she has always always been thin. and now she's in her late 40s she has put on a little weight and is really struggling for the first time ever. she's a size 14 at the mo, but that does look a little overweight on her. and i think that now, and only now, does she really appreciate all the problems i've been going through.

also, because i'm now losing lots of weight and she isn't i get to preach at her when she breaks her diet :D

so yeah. sorry for the huge rant. but it really cut a chord with me that a lot of us seem to have been through something similar. it has always really hurt me when my mum commented on my weight. and it was something she could never let go of until fairly recently when i finally went mad and shouted at her. and now i'm getting thin for myself, truly myself and not to impress my mum (silly as that sounds, i think it's always been true) and it's finally bloody working!! ha.

abz xx

ps. how is everyone doing this morning?

it's weigh in day today and my scales are showing a nice big gain so i don't think i'm going to have anything exciting to share. and i haven't been cheating. well. i've had a slice of cheese, but other than that. and one slice of cheese wouldn't make me gain 2lbs over the course of the week. my body is doing this because on my cdc's scales i had 0.25lbs to go before i was in the 13s and my current final goal, so it had to go up so i didn't get there you see. git.

abz xx

Morning,

Abs just goes to show that you have to lose weight for yourself, not cos of noone else, don't it. Good for you, keep at it and good luck with your weigh in.

I've been very naughty last night and had a couple of drinks AND 3 slices of pepperoni pizza. I know, I know, Im stupid, but my OH persuaded me. he's out of order. They weren't even nice, really dry they were. Feel so crap for doing it, but its done, gone, nothing I can do now, just have to move on a pretend it didn't happen.
Hope I still lose this week tho. Not getting weighed still Saturday, so gonna drink loads of water this week, see if I can still lose at least a lb.
Hope your all ok X

morning angels, how are we all. My WI day today and not looking forward to it. Had to come off CD last week as you know as I pulled my back and had to be on strong anti-flammatorys and pain killers... so doc said that to stop CD - but he did also say that he thought I was doing really well and to go straight back on it as soon as my back was better.
Anyway, started off being ok - choosing my foods carefully but by the end of the week had pretty much gone back to my old habits - which is really disappointing ... then went out for a meal Fri and Sat and had people over for lunch on Sunday.... so expecting a huge gain ... I gather that once you come off your tend to gain loads the first week - is that right ??
So there we are, but as Moti17 said - all done now... back on ss 100% again from today, already done 1 litre of water, and 2 hours of ironing - surely that should earn a brownie point or 2

you do if it was carb-laden hon, but it's just water retention. if we don't introduce carbs back in slowly (ie moving up the plans) then our bodies grab onto all the sugar and the water and store it. which means that if you get straight back in the game, you will lose most of what you gained in the first week before it gets chance to become fat :)

keep at it. hope the 'carb hangover' doesn't last too long for you. keep active and you'll get yourself into ketosis quicker.

well done for getting back into it. and i'm really glad that your back is feeling better :)

Morning Angels :)

Wow Abz, isn't it incredible how so many of us have had similar experiences with our parents regarding weight and image.. thanks for sharing that, whenever i read any of those it makes me feel really emotional.. the nice thing is it hasn't made me feel like eating, so glad we shared :)

Moti and Dancing, you have exactly the right attitude, just act like it hasn't happened and get back onto it... On saturday night i visited my sisters, everyone had kebabs and i ended up eating some chicken and salad, i was gutted afterwards as it was unplanned and really not very nice, would much preferred a planned meal, nicely cooked :( But hey ho, it happened and not long ago it would have thrown me off my diet completley and i would have given up, not this time, had been SS'ing 100% and feel great :)

Can we do it? Yes we can!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys. really angry at the moment about something at work. but i've written about it in my diary and in the daily so i won't bore you with it here. but i'm shaking i'm so annoyed. at least it should burn some calories!!

abz xx

Aw Abz, I've just read it in the other thread, that's pants love, hope you are feeling better now... well done for writing about it and not eating over it... you are a star :)

you know what. it didn't even occur to me to eat over it. ha. i must be making progress :D i have had more coffee over it now and am now so highly caffeinated i'm jittering. am 1.5 litres of water down though. so that's good news. although i must remember to stop drinking around 3.30 in time for my weigh in at 6 :)

abz xx

Now that is progress :) Not too many weeks ago i would have eaten over something like that and then blamed the person who upset me lol...

Good luck for WI babe :)

I was saying on another post my tastes have changed so much, i am on choc mint now, choc tetras and porridge, which I hated and now love...lol how weird.. really can't face the bars at all at the mo either.. change is as good as a rest they say..

Hi Angels!!

Well, I'm off to my WI in 5 mins and unsure of what the outcome will be... as I have reintroduced carbs today and am back on WW.

I won't go into detail of what I've eaten as that would be unthoughtful, but it's been pretty good and have only used half of my WW points so far, and don't feel hungry at all.

this will probably affect my WI so it'll be interesting to see what I've lost! Will post when I get home

xxxx

Back