6 stone by Christmas

Ceedee

So here I am, at the start of what will hopefully be my last year of being fat.

I lost 20lbs a couple of years ago on cambridge so I know this kind of diet really works, but

*genuinely had to pause while writing this to chase my one of my cats around the room as he had some šŸ’© stuck in his tail šŸ¤®, oh how glamorous is my life šŸ˜‚*

Anyway... where was I... yes I did this before so I know it works, Iā€™m just not that into the ā€˜counsellingā€™ thing so decided to give Exante a go instead.

So today I had a massive clearout and got rid about 2/3rds of my wardrobe, I refuse to buy anything further in my size and Iā€™m looking forward to buying nicer more flattering clothes that wonā€™t have to drape around me to hide my chub.

Day 1 down, many more to go, but every journey begins with a single step as they say... wish me willpower šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

Thank you all for the good wishes, day 2 has gone well so far although I need to get in about another 1.5 litres of water before bedtime.

I had one mini drama on the tube home where my freshly bought bottle of sparkling water dramatically exploded upon opening and sprayed the 5 people immediately around me, luckily they all saw the funny side and were all a little soggy from the torrential rain here anyway. Note to self, you need to drink the water not wear it!

Hi Ceedee - welcome! I also lost a lot of weight on CWP previously so I feel VLCDs work for me. I am really valuing the flexibility of being able to buy my own products whenever I need them. No criticism of CWP but being completely dependent on your consultant can be quite frustrating (at least if you're a control freak like me), though I did find the moral/emotional support useful last time round. I guess I've replaced it by burbling on these forums!

Glad your first couple of days have gone okay - the first week is always the hardest!

Also, I know they say to stay hydrated on a VLCD but you seem to have taken that pretty literally ;)

So today was a good day, kittens got me up early as they were being little sods but managed to do a good session with my PT despite being tired, mainly from lack of sleep.

Food wise, real banana before gym followed by a banana shake afterwards, I like blitzing them up in the nutri bullet with some ice and a lot of extra water and if I squint really hard and donā€™t think about it too much it almost reminds me of the McDonalds milkshakes I used to love as a kid.

Lunch was in the office and a chocolate shake. I think I need to get some bars though as I had to resort to booking a meeting room so I could do the get the lumps out dance as Iā€™m not comfortable sharing what Iā€™m doing with my colleagues. Thereā€™s only so much you can do to try and be quiet when shaking away without appearing like a complete weirdo to the people in the meeting next door. Bars are hopefully a little more discrete.

Late night back from the office followed by dinner of a choc mint shake which are my favourites so far.

Final spot of tidying up at home as the cleaner is coming tomorrow and I donā€™t want her to think Iā€™m a complete slob.

Aaaand to bed!

I work in an office. I just shake 'em in a shaker cup with a spring ball briskly at my desk or while walking back from the water cooler. It takes 30 seconds? It doesn't make you a weirdo anymore than making a cup of tea does, so don't be paranoid! :) Own it. You're doing something positive for your wellbeing, which every workplace has a responsibility to support anyway; it's not as if you're drinking your own urine or strangling kittens here.

I'm with FF - I just sit at my desk, shaking merrily. Nobody has commented but then my office is a fairly nice environment, and has quite serious "don't be a dick" policies so I guess if someone did pass judgement on my behaviour/ my body HR would beat them to a pulp. I mean, send them on sensitivity training.

Also if you having to jump around, you might need a better protein shaker. Mine does the job in a couple of, err, strong up-down motions ;)

Glad things are going well though - I generally prefer bars to shakes during the day, because they're easier to scoff down. But I drink a lot of shakes at weekend. I tried to make them more milkshake-like but I always ended up with mineraly mush.

Itā€™s not that my colleagues are particular dicks (in fact most of them are quite nice) but itā€™s more that Iā€™m trying to not draw attention to the fact that Iā€™m not eating or to invite unwanted questions about what Iā€™m up to as this is my own private journey (well, apart from you lot!).

Iā€™ve faced comments from a couple of friends before who have the mantra of ā€˜just eat healthier and in moderationā€™ which is fine if you only have a couple of pounds to lose, but I prefer to see faster results hence this approach. My friends arenā€™t meaning to be judging and they are nice people so Iā€™d rather just keep the fact that Iā€™m on a vlcd on the downlow because frankly it isnā€™t anyone elseā€™s business especially at work etc.

Anyway, Iā€™ve ordered some bars now and hopefully they arenā€™t awful!

Going well so far today (day 4) although I feel like i could go back to bed and sleep for England. Might just see if I can book a meeting room again at lunch and this time have my shake as well as a nap!

I totally get it - your body, your business.

I have vigorously trained my friends out of passing judgement on my dieting choices but I have had a couple of fraught conversations. They used to really bother me but now I can take someone down so hard and fast on the subject of VLCDs that I've stopped minding. But obviously that's just where I am at the moment and I'm not saying you anyone else should be getting into verbal fisticuffs for the hell of it.

Something that has weirdly helped me a lot the past few weeks is just to ... like ... accept? Really accept the fact I am currently obese. Like, actually medically obese. And that it is just *a fact* about me right now (I'm also working on accepting as a fact about me that I have an eating disorder which is why I'm obese, but that's harder psychological work) and while it is not something I want to be (and am working on changing) it doesn't have to be a source of shame. Because there is a difference between "this is not good" and "this is shaming" if that makes sense, the first being physical, the second social. And, well, screw the second.

Bar wise, I prefer crunchy to squishy and fruity to chocolatey: so white choc raspberry, choc orange, and strawberry yoghurt really hit the spot for me. I don't mind the cookies 'n' cream either because that's like a really dense cake.

As for tiredness: I had this for at least the first week. I slept an insane amount, like all night, and occasionally for a couple of hours in the evening as well. But also pre-diet, my obesity was taking such a toll on my energy that I was sorta doing that anyway. I was less tired week 2 and by the end of week 2 the need to nap all the damn time had completely gone. Now I'm full of beans and sleep *well*. I'm only a stone down but it's make a massive, massive difference to my physical and mental well-being.

Get your work colleagues to watch the BBC programme on VLCDā€™s from last night.........very interesting šŸ˜Š

I totally get it - your body, your business.
I'm only a stone down but it's make a massive, massive difference to my physical and mental well-being.

Congratulations, a stone down is a massive achievement and such a great thing for your health. I think on these VLCDā€™s because it is (relatively, willpower permitting!) easy to drop such large amounts quickly we do need to sometimes step back and get a reality check.

I see some people (not anyone specifically here but in general) being disappointed at only losing 3lbs or so week on week, if we were following any other diet plan that would be a massive achievement over the course of a week.

So I want to figuratively pat everyone here on the back for doing something about it and making that choice to improve their health, regardless of what the naysayers think about how weā€™re doing it.

In other news I bought a shaker today that is battery operated with a whizzy little whirly gizmo in it so it should allow me to shake things up in a less conspicuous fashion and free up some meeting room space. Hopefully it wonā€™t go off on its own and start buzzing in my bag which would start even more juicy rumours šŸ˜‚.

Get your work colleagues to watch the BBC programme on VLCDā€™s from last night.........very interesting šŸ˜Š

Thanks Darcy, I probably wonā€™t unless Iā€™m outed, but it does give me something to do later on when I get home while I sup on tonightā€™s shake of choice, so thanks for the heads up!

Ooooh, report back on the whizzy shaker - I'm intrigued :)

Iā€™m a bit late to comment but will do anyway.

Iā€™ve always been open about my diet and while you get the thin people who think you ā€œlook fine as you areā€ yeah right! Donā€™t make me your fat comparable. Then thereā€™s the other overweighters who go from turning their nose up to become increasingly and predictably more interested as the weight drops off and they want in on ā€œthe secretā€. Itā€™s shows many a true colour.

My first experience trying a shake hot (and the last) was at work while standing in a crowded kitchen, five stone lighter and enjoying the latest expressions of interest from coworkers only to happily shake away and shower then all with a milkshake explosion that I hadnā€™t been warned about when dealing with the shakers and hot water combined.

I also heard a story about someone mixing their milkshake at work only to find the office lush hurrying round the corner to ask what cocktail was being made and could they have some.....the retort was ā€œitā€™s 10 oā€™clock in the morning, what makes you think Iā€™m making a cocktail?!ā€ I donā€™t tell it well but that storyā€™s always tickled me :)

Right, a little more browsing then off to bed.

Reasonable but pretty boring day today. Tried one of the caramel crunch bars which was not bad.

I watched that bbc programme yesterday which was interesting, and it appears that the rest of the nation got on board with the concept too because there is eff all left to order on the Exante site. I should have done a bigger order of the choc and mint choc ones as thereā€™s none on there now šŸ˜§

Nooooooooooo ... that is depressing. Exante are not so great at keeping their stocks up at the best of times.

Iā€™m on board too šŸ‘šŸ¼
Had the sweet and sour meal today and really enjoyed it.

Back