6 STONE TO DITCH ...Here I go!

Well done!!

Warning: confession ahead!:break_diet:

So, at the weekend i was tempted to have a few drinks, not a big deal really but i hadnt touch any alcohol for over a month, so had a few bacardis which i duly sinned and that was ok...........

BUT on tuesday after wi and gettin to 2 stone off i, in my smugness, felt another few drinks would do me no harm.....WRONG.....drank way too much, then had 2 packets of crisps, yes 2!! and then inhaled loads of biscuits before staggering to bed (i say inhaled because i ate them so fast i didnt even taste them!)

So the reason im putting all this down is to remind myself that alcohol does absolutely nothing for me and i shouldnt equate it to a way of chilling out.
I.m not beating myself up over this ive worked out the syns (over40!!!!:eek:) and i will compensate for it over the week.

This is all about learning how i deal with food and drink and ive learnt that i dont need alcohol nor particularily like it so i wont use it as a crutch or as a form of self mediating..........

Sorry for the heavy subject matter but i needed to do this to draw a line under it and thats just what ive done!

100 % on plan but no exercise as i normally have wed off and i was a tad hungover!!!!;)

Hey ho. We all have those days (although for me they have become almost non-existent the further on I have gone on this). Glad to hear that today was better.

Gail x

Thanks Gail, I think my problem is that, even thogh ive lost 2 stone im still 4 stone overweight and im desperate to see positive changes in myself. I just feel so disheartened tht i let myself get so fat again. I realise that i such polar extremes - from eating whatever i want and not caring about myself to being really focussed and putting presuure on myself to get results, fast.

I know how to do this sensibly, i dont starve myself and eat well, i just seem to be in a bit of a fog at thte minute but i will stay on plan.

The funny thing is i think some of the pressure is coming from my group (unintentionally) because i have done so well im getting sotw and sotm and i think this is causing some resentment. but i am the biggest person there so it makes sense that i will lose more weight initially, sometimes i think sotw etc would be better done like the biggest loser, ie % of weight loss rather than the most pounds.

This leads on to me pressuring myself to continue to lose alot each week as thats what is expected, i actually think to sts one week would put me on an even level in group? I dont know, im just a bit overwhelmed at moment but will stay on plan and try to do a run today or tomorrow.

Thanks Gail for your encouragement, i really appreciate it.

Awww. Poor you. It is a difficult time (strange as it may sound having lost 2 stone already) because although it's noticeable in lots of ways, you may not quite yet be at that time where people comment all the time because often they can see the difference, they're just not quite sure. But it won't be long. And it's so lovely when that happens. Have many people noticed yet ? How about your family ? Have they been supportive ?

Have you got any clothes that you started in ? Try putting those on to see how far you have come. Also, have you been measuring yourself ? If not, maybe start now ?

You are right, your losses are really amazing but I understand why in a funny way that makes it hard. However they will almost certainly slow down but hopefully by that stage it won't matter so much. Mine have definitely slowed but most of the time I don't actually care. As long as I am going in the right direction, that's all that matters.

Big hugs. Hope you are still getting on ok.

Gail x

Its been a difficult week.........after getting back on plan I blew it big style from fri - sun, drank and ate everything in sight just because I could! I decided I didnt wnat to restrict myself any more so I just went mad!!!

Funny thing how easy it is to revert back to the bad old habits so readily! Whilst on binge I decided that Im not going to return to group, im going instead to do sw online. I have not felt at ease at group and did not think that my consultant was helping

I say this because she wasnt motivating or particularily inspiring, she also didnt seem that knowledgeable about sw. When going round group she would speak to ages to her friends, gloss over others quickly and leave out others altogether! Her set questions were, re a loss, what did you do differently, re a gain, what are you going to do differently and for everything else, whats your favourite sw meal!!!:confused:

Also, I was putting way too much pressure on myself, not eating properly on wi day and exercising before wi; this was going to lead me on a dangerous path so from now on Im going to wi on a tuesday am at home and eat and exercise normally!!!

Thanks for everyones help on line, this is another reason why i know i can be suucessful at home:p

PS Last 2 days 100% on plan and back to running!!!

Good luck going it alone, it can be done as I've lost 3 stone so far and I've got no will power! It can be so hard if you've got a useless consultant and as that's what you're paying for I don't blame you for quitting.

I have blow out moments too where you just think it's so unfair I have to diet when others don't and I'm not going to punish myself anymore - hand me that cake!! I usually regret it of course but it's always fixable even if it takes a couple weeks.

Keep at it, you're doing so well. x :)

Good luck going it alone, it can be done as I've lost 3 stone so far and I've got no will power! It can be so hard if you've got a useless consultant and as that's what you're paying for I don't blame you for quitting.

I have blow out moments too where you just think it's so unfair I have to diet when others don't and I'm not going to punish myself anymore - hand me that cake!! I usually regret it of course but it's always fixable even if it takes a couple weeks.

Keep at it, you're doing so well. x :)

Thank you so much EmmyLou, youve no idea how much thats cheered me up! Its fantastic so see that youve managed to loose 3 stone already and with no willpower LOL;)!!!

Your summing up re breaking the diet is so spot on, thats just how I felt and I do believe now that it is fixable and not dwell on the fact that without it I would be further on on my weight loss journey. However I think that without doing it i would have gone insane and i know feel that I am in control of my weight loss only, not my consultant, or the group.

Thank you so much for your encouragement:D

No problem :)

I actually had a 7 month blow out after losing 1 stone 10lb as my weight just got stuck for weeks no matter how good I was and that was really frustrating and was just too much for me, I gave up. How I only gained 7lb in that 7 months is a mystery as I had takeaways, Mc Donalds, meals out etc etc and did very little exercise. I really beat myself up over it thinking 'if only I hadn't stopped I'd be ? stone closer to target by now'.

It took me a couple months to shift that half a stone and then get back to losing and I haven't really stopped since aside from the odd STS week which is a relief. Sure I'm due another levelling out period again soon but I'm going to try and not let it affect me like last time. I think when you have a lot to lose (I have about 5.5 of which I've done 3) then the idea of dieting for the next 2 years is just far too daunting and you need a release every now and again. If it's just a stone to lose you can keep the momentum going, but not for 5 or 6 stones worth.

Bit of a ramble I know but just wanted to let you know others have been there and you can do it :) I have a diary on here if you want to have a look at my ups and downs along the way!

:eek: Eek!!! Hubby just come home and told me that our newborn niece is getting christened on April 3rd. The last time I saw my sil family I was 4 stone lighter:eek:

so heres the plan just over 5 weeks to lose at least 1 stone; so 100% on plan (but will allow myself to go up to 15 syns some days if i feel a binge coming on !!!) continue running but work on interval training to increase pace and finally order Jillian Michaels DVD tomorrow and get shredding ASAP!

Any advice greatly received!!!;)

ok Christening Countdown Day 1 of 40!

100% on plan, 7 syns, 75mins run 10.4k.

Feeling positive again, glad ive got everything under my control now, and the pressures off so i can finally view this as a lifestyle choice and not a diet! so, if i really, really want something and I decide that to not have it would be detrimental to staying on track long term then i will have it and recalculate my remaining syns accordingly.

Now doesnt that sound very sensible and grown up?!!!!! Its a pity that at the grand old age of 37 Im still running around like a toddler in a tantrum!! but I'll get there...............

Hello,

I've just read and am inspired by your diary. You've done so well in a very short time, congratulations.
I appreciate your honesty through the tough times and the good ones and wish you many more of the latter. The parts which really touched a chord are where you mention feeling regretful. I have felt this so often as well. I'm trying to move on now, I only started SW yesterday after encouragement from kind people on here, I'll be so reassured to see some weight gone because I find it difficult to understand that I can eat so well and lose weight! Shame that your consultant isn't very good but perhaps with the support on here it doesn't matter?

Hello,

I've just read and am inspired by your diary. You've done so well in a very short time, congratulations.
I appreciate your honesty through the tough times and the good ones and wish you many more of the latter. The parts which really touched a chord are where you mention feeling regretful. I have felt this so often as well. I'm trying to move on now, I only started SW yesterday after encouragement from kind people on here, I'll be so reassured to see some weight gone because I find it difficult to understand that I can eat so well and lose weight! Shame that your consultant isn't very good but perhaps with the support on here it doesn't matter?

Thanks Bess for your encouragement and kind words, it is very reassuring when others can 'get' where you're coming from. Although I have a very supportive family, it doesnt help when i am the biggest at family events, its at these times when i feel the most regret and shame. I always vow there and then to change but something else always comes up!

Theres no doubt that sw works and im glad you have joined the crusade, like you I didnt think it could work because i didnt need to go hungry nor deprive myself so it didnt seem like a diet at all but i guess thats why it is successful because you dont have to starve yourself!

I hope you get loads of support at group, although it didnt work for me i am certain that there are way more brilliant consultants than just average or not very good ones!

I feel I can go it alone because of this great forum, i think of it as having loads of consultants at my fingertips!

Hope you have a great first week on sw, let me know how you get on, and any questions, please fire away!:D

Hi!

Just read through your posts, best of luck! I also have 6 stone to ditch - we can do this :) x

Hi!

Just read through your posts, best of luck! I also have 6 stone to ditch - we can do this :) x

Thanks Elaine,

Its nice knowing Im not alone, but I wish I had all of you shouting at me when i head to the biscuit tin!!!

Somedays i really struggle and others I think this is so easy!

but youre right - we can do this!:cool:

I know that feeling. I could have done with someone shouting at me today :-( !

And I completely relate to your saying 'some days I really struggle and others I think this is so easy'. I have more 'easy days' than the struggling days but I still have those days (like today......).

So well done for still being here. Hope the week is going well.

Gail x

I know that feeling. I could have done with someone shouting at me today :-( !

And I completely relate to your saying 'some days I really struggle and others I think this is so easy'. I have more 'easy days' than the struggling days but I still have those days (like today......).

So well done for still being here. Hope the week is going well.

Gail x

So far on SW, only easy days for me, phew! But I have no illusions.....I've struggled with Cambridge for too long to have any of those left! :rolleyes:

Back