61lb gone in six months!

if you ask in Game, they usually will tell you when the next delivery will be coming in.. then if you can get in for around 10am-ish you should be able to get hold of one :) if not, if you ask in the supermarkets they usually have a waiting list you can pop your name on :)

I'm usually in work 'till 3. They are really popular though, arn't they. A few of the girls at work have them and we were chatting about it on Friday. Will they help make keeping fit more fun? It certainly sounded like it:D.

I wondered whether they'd be cheaper on line, but I'll have a look at Tesco and get clubcard points too.

AJ

Hey AJ

Glad to see you back and sounding positive.

Good luck on WW. I think you'll do just fine - it'll fit in with family life so easily.

So you went to Spoons for lunch then? I thought you hated Spoons and never went there ;):8855:

It is true, I have to be dragged there on a regular basis and tied to a chair:D. Then someone has to hold my nose and force wine and stuff down myn throat. Shocking, really.:eek:

AJ

Hello there Anna_B,

That sounds like a good routine, Anna. For the first couple of weeks it'll be trial and error until I get used to the new regime. I have a house full of pencils:confused:, just got to locate them all.;)

I can see from your tracker that you've been making great progress. Do you reckon you'll get the rest off this year?

AJ

I'm not sure, I'd love to get it all off this year but at 1-2 pounds a week it's not really possible although if I was 100% good 100% of the time I guess it could be a close call :D I'm really pleased with how it's gone so far, last year was the first in a long time that I weighed less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning, I had always gained weight before :)

Just popping by to say hi.

Hello back, Keisha!

I'm just wondering what to have for lunch, actually.

I should really be in the kitchen preparing something, but I've been on the computer all morning doing work related stuff plus minimins browsing.

Just popped into kitchen and decided to have the other half of a tin of chicken and sweetcorn soup (1 point) and a Tesco ready meal - Paella (5 points).

This still leaves me with 15.5 points to spend on tea and supper.:D

I can have a total of 26 a day just now, but that'll soon change;).

Keisha, how many points did you start on? and how many do you have now? It must be somewhat annoying to gradually get less points as time goes on.:(

I made the chicken noodle soup from the little blue folder, yesterday.

Oh boy it was so easy, and tasted delicious too. I added a bit of chopped ginger to spice it up. It was enough for four people and there was none left over!

The weather here is dismal. I am sitting in the conservatory being deafened by the driving wind and rain.:( Would have loved a walk today, but only mad people would go for a walk on a day like this.

AJ

I'm not sure, I'd love to get it all off this year but at 1-2 pounds a week it's not really possible although if I was 100% good 100% of the time I guess it could be a close call :D I'm really pleased with how it's gone so far, last year was the first in a long time that I weighed less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning, I had always gained weight before :)

I think you're right Anna. Who can be good for 100% of the time? Real life is not like that.

I have decided to approach the WW programme rather like it is a change of eating habits which will continue on into the future i.e. it won't ever end when I get to goal. It'll just carry on. Therefore losing just one or two pounds a week is ok. I have planned ahead for the next year and have factored in holidays and other events over the year and reckon I can permanently 'remove' about 70 of the excess pounds in that time.

What tips do you have for managing points, Anna. What lessons have you learned so far? Come on, spill the beans!

AJ

Oh dear!

A non-diet-related post...

Hubby has just come in really cross because he was cooking some bacon on the stove, left the room for a moment, and in that time one piece 'disappeared'.

"That BL***Y CAT" he yelled. There was Jumper licking his lips:eek:. Oscar had an alibi - he was sitting in the pan cupboard.

I was more concerned about my baby boy burning his paws on the ceramic hob.:(

How on earth can I stop them jumping up on the kitchen work surfaces? Particularly when I've used the ceramic hob. They won't understand that the little red 'H' means hot...

AJ

Hello back, Keisha!

I'm just wondering what to have for lunch, actually.

I should really be in the kitchen preparing something, but I've been on the computer all morning doing work related stuff plus minimins browsing.

Just popped into kitchen and decided to have the other half of a tin of chicken and sweetcorn soup (1 point) and a Tesco ready meal - Paella (5 points).

This still leaves me with 15.5 points to spend on tea and supper.:D

I can have a total of 26 a day just now, but that'll soon change;).

Keisha, how many points did you start on? and how many do you have now? It must be somewhat annoying to gradually get less points as time goes on.:(

I made the chicken noodle soup from the little blue folder, yesterday.

Oh boy it was so easy, and tasted delicious too. I added a bit of chopped ginger to spice it up. It was enough for four people and there was none left over!

The weather here is dismal. I am sitting in the conservatory being deafened by the driving wind and rain.:( Would have loved a walk today, but only mad people would go for a walk on a day like this.

AJ

26 points, wish I had that amount. Started on 20pts as I lost most of my weigh on W8 (a vlcd) but now I dropped a point because I'm in the 10 stone bracket now. Didnt think I would have coped with dropping a point which I've been dreading but it ok now.

You must post that recipe on the recipe thread. Would love to try it. Any idea what you're going to spend your 15.5pts on for tea and supper?

...Started on 20pts... Ouch, that's not much, but then again, you are obviously a lot slimmer than I am;).

...I lost most of my weigh on W8...tell me more, how much, how long?

I am very impressed that you took the step to continue on WW, to keep you on track, Keisha. I wish I'd done that a couple of years ago. I originally lost 100lbs with LL:eek:. But lost the plot afterwards:(.

I'll give you the recipe here, Keisha, and also post it on the recipe thread.

This Chicken Noodle Soup is classed as a Low Energy Dense Food, so it should fill you up. Each portion(4) has a points value of 2.

Bring 2 pints (1.2 litres) chicken stock to the boil.

Add 225g uncooked skinless chicken breast slices and cook for five minutes. (I used already cooked chicken slices)

Add 100g cooked dried noodles, 4 chopped spring onions, and a finely sliced red pepper (I used a yellow one) and simmer for five minutes.

Stir in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon fresh coriander before serving. (I added a piece of fresh chopped ginger instead of the coriander)

Not sure yet what I'll have for tea, but if necessary I'll have to carry up to four points over for tomorrow.

AJ

Last edited:
Glad youre enjoying WW so far AJ :)

What tips do you have for managing points, Anna. What lessons have you learned so far? Come on, spill the beans!

I'm not sure I really have got it cracked yet, you are better off asking someone like Starlight for tips. I'm still very much learning & in my early days. I've struggled to get back on track after Christmas what with one thing & another although I'm doing better now. I have just changed my breckfast to porridge as it fills me up more. I have 4 meals a day instead of 3 but I do have 26 points a day so can easliy manage that & still have a snack if I want one (or two ;)). I'm also a stay at home mum so it's easer to plan 4 meals as I don't have to work around work hours, just the school runs :)

I did used to have chocolate in the house so I could have things like a curly wurly if I wanted one but had to stop that when I found the temptation too much (although it was fine for the first month or two) so I sent everything to work with my husband that was unhealthy for him to keep in his office & slowley eat himself :)

Glad you're enjoying WW and your slow , steady approach. I think the most difficult phase will come after we reach goal and move to maintenance.I have reached gold twice but never cracked maintenance. There was a woman in my previous group who maintained a healthy weight by attending WW (not every single week but frequently) for 20 years. I am going to use her as my role model this time!

Hello Anna,

I've just noticed your 'start date' at Minis, and it is similar to mine.;)

How long has it taken for you to get used to spending points? Or are you still adjusting?

Yet again yesterday I had to carry forward four points for today which makes a total of 30, and I am wondering how to spend the final ten. I've had my tea and feel full.

Today I had porridge (2), skimmed milk (pint for day) (2)and a sprinkle of candarel (.5).
Chopped carrot as a snack (0).
WW tuna (1) with chopped salad and sweetcorn (.5), toasted hot cross bun (2.5) with WW jam 15g (.5), a Pink & White with jam (1)
4 mini sausages (3.5), baked sweet potato (2.5), half tin Heinz beans (2)
two Pink & Whites plain (1)

(The baked sweet potato was gorgeous, Anna).

I think it would be wise to add bread or a baked potato to the lunch I usually have, that would add 2 or 3 points.

"I'm also a stay at home mum "

Anna, does that mean that it can be more difficult to avoid temptations in the kitchen? I like being kept distracted at work, holidays are the worst.

" I did used to have chocolate in the house so I could have things like a curly wurly if I wanted one but had to stop that when I found the temptation too much (although it was fine for the first month or two "

We still have an open box of chocs in the kitchen cupboard. Last night I had two (2 points), but still underspent on the points.

It will be interesting to see what the scales say on Thursday...

AJ

Chocolate - eat chocolate and crisps. lol

Glad you're enjoying WW and your slow , steady approach. I think the most difficult phase will come after we reach goal and move to maintenance. That's right, Lippy. Losing the weight is the easy part.

I have reached gold twice but never cracked maintenance. What happened?

There was a woman in my previous group who maintained a healthy weight by attending WW (not every single week but frequently) for 20 years. I am going to use her as my role model this time!

So she continued to attend as a Gold Member, Lippy. For twenty years? Wow. I reckon that's why she succeeded then. We'll have to continue attending even when we are old and grey and with a zimmer!:8855::8855::8855:

AJ

My wii man is on holiday honey,not forgotten about ya! xx

Back