61lb gone in six months!

Having not seen this thread before, Jen i had to laugh at your comment about the 'wii man' i was so confused!!!

A very belated welcome AJ! Best of luck! Cant wait to see your results on Thurs xx

Hello!

I have been a member for a while now although not always active. I joined the first time I tried CD. Clearly I've not got this weight loss thing cracked yet :rolleyes:

The points thing only took a couple of weeks to get used to, it was easier once I got used to the points in my fave foods & worked out what suited me best. I know 4 meals a day is the best way for me to stick to it, the days I wobble is normally when I don't stick to the 4 meals rule.

I think being a stay at home mum has advantages as well as disadvantages. I don't have to plan around work, I mostly dictate my own day as long as it fits around school hours. It is hard keeping out the kitchen though.

It's a steep learning curve but one thing I know is I have to find a way that is going to work for life. WW does fit me well but it's still hard work because if it was easy for me to lose weight etc I wouldn't be 100 pounds + over weight....

Having not seen this thread before, Jen i had to laugh at your comment about the 'wii man' i was so confused!!!

A very belated welcome AJ! Best of luck! Cant wait to see your results on Thurs xx

I will be intrigued too, Emma. ;)

I don't feel any different so don't know whether I will have lost any weight at all. However, I am in this for the long term and the other reason (apart from weight loss) that I am doing this programme is to regain control of my eating.

I had lost the plot really. Eating what I wanted without considering the consequences:(. Denying there was a problem:confused:. Giving in to feelings of despair:(.

Doing WW has now forced me to address these issues. When I finally decided to go to a meeting and face this problem head-on, I was initially apprehensive, afraid of not being able to cope with dieting again.

A couple of weeks earlier I had meet some other miniminers in Glasgow and liked their relaxed approach to eating out. WW has put in place a number of booklets to help and support their members when shopping, eating out, living life.

So, here I am planning daily food menus and thinking about what I am putting in my mouth. The points system is simple and easy and the little calculator invaluable when out shopping.

One thing I am trying to avoid doing is saying 'I can't have that, or this'. That is dangerous territory. Today I went shopping and saw my favourite cheese:eek:. I looked at it longingly and pointed 100g. 8.5 points. "I can't have that" was the immediate thought, and left it on the shelf.

Later back at home I thought again. 20grams of the cheese would be enough to put on a ryvita. Ryvita is .5 point, cheese would be about 2 points. Therefore a nice snack of 2.5 points with a bit of sliced cucumber and pepper. What's wrong with that?

I passed the ice-cream isle and thought "I can't have them". Again, a bit of thought and planning and weighing, and I can have some.

So, I've a got a lot of work to do, a lot of re-thinking to do, a lot of forward planning to do...

Another side effect of doing WW has been the interest taken by my daughter (aged 15). She is not overweight but does snack a lot on crisps etc. One day this will catch up with her, so it has been useful for her to learn how many points certain foods have.

I bought a WW carbonara sauce the other day and tonight cooked it with tagliatelle and low fat bacon. Shared between four I pointed it at 5, and served with with a mixed salad.

AJ

Hello!

I have been a member for a while now although not always active. I joined the first time I tried CD. Clearly I've not got this weight loss thing cracked yet :rolleyes:

The points thing only took a couple of weeks to get used to, it was easier once I got used to the points in my fave foods & worked out what suited me best. I know 4 meals a day is the best way for me to stick to it, the days I wobble is normally when I don't stick to the 4 meals rule.

I think being a stay at home mum has advantages as well as disadvantages. I don't have to plan around work, I mostly dictate my own day as long as it fits around school hours. It is hard keeping out the kitchen though.

It's a steep learning curve but one thing I know is I have to find a way that is going to work for life. WW does fit me well but it's still hard work because if it was easy for me to lose weight etc I wouldn't be 100 pounds + over weight....

Evenin' Anna, I've highlighted that particular sentence because I believe it does sum up the final destination of all people trying to lose and keep of excess weight.

I hope you've had a good day today!

AJ

if you go to the deli you can ask for small portions, or you can buy a pack and split it and freeze portions of it :) also if you break your ryvita in half then it serves like cutting your bread in half does.. slows you down so it lasts longer :)

glad you're still doing well AJ! x

if you go to the deli you can ask for small portions, or you can buy a pack and split it and freeze portions of it :) also if you break your ryvita in half then it serves like cutting your bread in half does.. slows you down so it lasts longer :)

glad you're still doing well AJ! x

Oooh excellent advice ! I never thought of freezing the cheese, or cutting a ryvita in half. It's all psychological isn't it.

AJ

Hi AJ - just catching up on your diary.

sounds like you are doing well. It does take a little time to realise that you are not denied anything - its all about choice - and learning to make healthier, lower point choices that satisfy you more.

I am lovin' it.....xx

I agree with everything you said! Weight watchers is the perfect diet for changing the way you see food :) It can be really shocking to see how many points are in some things.

Hi AJ - just catching up on your diary.

sounds like you are doing well. It does take a little time to realise that you are not denied anything - its all about choice - and learning to make healthier, lower point choices that satisfy you more.

I am lovin' it.....xx

Yes, I can see how much you are lovin' it by the fab progress on your tracker!:D

AJ

I agree with everything you said! Weight watchers is the perfect diet for changing the way you see food :) It can be really shocking to see how many points are in some things.

Yes, and that's the point (pardon the pun). Generally, we don't know or want to know the awful truth about our food choices. Maybe I think that if I don't know, it won't count, a bit like 'ignorance is bliss'.

Using the Points method, which is simple and easy to do, we can no longer ignore it. We can then make a choice from a position of power, which brings with it responsibility and accountability.

Day five comes to a close... day six beckons.

Time for a long soak in the bath with a Christmas Pudding lush bath ball:D.

AJ

I see you're doing queit well. Well done for sticking with it and good luck at weigh in.

I see you're doing queit well. Well done for sticking with it and good luck at weigh in.

Hello there Keisha!

Thanks for your positive comments. Much appreciated. It's early days yet, but I am feeling comfortable and confident about doing this programme. :happy036:

AJ

really glad you are finding it easy on WW - just think where you could be in 5 months, 1 week and 6 days.. (apart from on your cruise haha :D) x

:) Hello from Yorkshire xx

Hia Fuzzy!:wavey:

Nice to meet you;). I have many happy memories of weekend camping with mates in Yorkshire twenty odd years ago, can't remember where we camped but it would always be nearby a real ale pub:D.

I notice your running tracker. That's a real good idea Fuzzy. Every mile will add up and it will be a really impressive achievement.

AJ

hi there, just popping by to say hello, looks like you're getting into this now-good luck

really glad you are finding it easy on WW - just think where you could be in 5 months, 1 week and 6 days.. (apart from on your cruise haha :D) x

WOW, you know the exact number of days till my cruise - I am so impressed!:D I hope a couple of stone have waved bye bye by then.

AJ

WOW, you know the exact number of days till my cruise - I am so impressed!:D I hope a couple of stone have waved bye bye by then.

AJ

She knows the exact date of your cruise...back away AJ...back away! :eek:
lol!

its on her ticker! LOL! *not a stalker* :D and you'll manage that easily! x

Back