74 days left....Aaargh!

Before & During pics..... EEK!!!

attachment.php

This pic was taken 5th Jan 2007 when I weighed 15 stone 7lbs

attachment.php

This one was taken 24th March when I weighed 12 stone 10lbs

I don't know how to put them side by side... (I don't even know if this is gonna work to be honest!!)

So here goes nothing eh?

Love Nic x

Attachments

• 5th jan 2007 (15 stone 7lbs).jpg
    5th jan 2007 (15 stone 7lbs).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 24 mar front 2 (12.10).jpg
    24 mar front 2 (12.10).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 80
Wow Nic, What an difference :D :D you look younger too :D

Its amazing what a few months can do:D

Well done

Sorry this is a RANT!!!! (only 10 days left!!!)

Hi Lenny

Thanks for the compliment :D
(i'm a little disappointed that my pics haven't created a little bit more interest 2BH :cry:) - especially when it took me so long to work out how to post them!!!

I've had a total nightmare day today... my hairdresser decided to inform me that she "doesn't feel able" to do me & my bridesmaids hair on the day!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :confused: :confused:

I'm getting married next friday for gods sake!! how on earth was I supposed to arrange time off work for all 3 of us & get booked into another hairdresser for trials/explain what sort of styles we're looking for & have to complain when they got it wrong??? :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I spent most of the morning in floods of tears until my boss took pity on me & decided to send me home :cry:

I went to see her in person to find out what the problem was...
and apparently?? I wasn't grateful enough when we went for our trials??!!
(I pointed out that my tiara wasn't quite central & felt a bit loose!) - I then paid & left in a bit of a hurry whilst my bridesmaids were getting their hair done, as I live close to the shop & realised that I'd forgotten to shave my legs/under arms & was going for a dress fitting :eek: ...
I only expected to take 15 mins or so - then I'd planned to go back & wait for my bridesmaids.

Anyway... she finished them much quicker than expected & they came to my house before I'd had the chance to go back & say thankyou properly etc...

When I spoke to her today I was totally gobsmacked when she said that I'd deeply upset & offended her :confused: :confused:
I genuinely didn't know what she was going on about so I promptly burst into tears AGAIN!!!

I tried to explain that it was all a big mis-understanding & I never meant to come across as ungrateful & was deeply sorry if i'd said or done anything to give her that impression...

To put this into perspective a bit - I've been going there for my hair pinned up for special occasions since I was 18 & have always been happy with her creations - i'm now 31 & happened to mention that my tiara felt a bit loose...??

Now don't get me wrong.... if this had happened a month or more ago I'd have told her to shove it & found someone else to do our hair, but I really don't need the added stress this close to whats supposed to be the best day of my life!!

I left the hairdreser & sat outside in my car for a good 10 mins absolutely breaking my heart at the thought of upsetting this woman & not even knowing what I'd done :cry: :cry: :cry:

In desperation... I rang a local florist & arranged to have a bunch of flowers sent to her with a sincere apology for inadvertently upsetting her (setting me back 30 quid!!)

Later that day, she rang to say thanks for the flowers & we coud just put everything behind us & she'd do our hair - on the condition that I'd go for my rollers put in the day before!!

Obviously I had to agree as she had me over a barrel, but I could've done without all the unnecessary hassle the week before my wedding (I'm also due for my period around now so i'm not exactly in the most emotionally stable frame of mind 2 begin with!!) :needhug:

I'm looking forward to getting tucked up into bed very shortly & I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a new & better day.
I really need to relax before i end up having a nervous breakdown!!

Nite nite

Nic x :nightf:

Hi Nic,

I'm sorry you had such a tough day yesterday and I'm glad you managed to sort the problem out (even though you had to grovel:sigh: ).

Maybe you just caught her on a bad day when you went for the trial??? Even the most placid person can go off on one for no apparent reason sometimes.

Weddings are very stressful times and brides feel the pressure the most because the focus is so much on us. I was a bag of nerves before my first wedding and argued with practically everyone. This time I am more mellow and relaxed...everything is organised but I am sure I will stress when I get as close as you are to the day:p Although for me, this time is a more casual affair (only 7 people actually at the ceremony inc me & h2b:D )

I won't let my hairdresser mess me about...she is my niece and will do as she is told ha ha ha

I hope you managed to relax and have a nice long hot soak in the tub last nite. (Pamper yourself you deserve it) and I hope you have a much better day today.

Take care

p.s. I'm not sure anyone other than brides to be ever read these, and if they do they never post on my diary either. Maybe putting your piccies on the success pages will get the notice it deserves. (well done on that by the way, I haven't got a clue on how to post piccies on here)

BIG HUGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Hi babe!!

Now chill out and calm down!! I think your hair dresser has deffo over reacted, but I guess the flowers have sorted her out now, but if she had a prob she should have called you...rather than letting it fester!:rolleyes:
but I do know exactly where you are coming from where hair is concerened(although my trial was fab but my hair on the day(in pics) is a bit of a dissapointment...but I cant do anything about it now!)

Your before and after pics are amazing...you look so different and you should be so proud of yourself honey!

Sorry I havent been around much as it s easter hols and I have the kids at home and we have been out and about doing stuff, my niece stayed last week and we did the park, london, cooking, then on sunday my sis came up and we went to the coast for the day, then on monday morning we went off to vics mum in wales for a few days....got back late last night!!:p so its a day in the garden today...weeding etc and then off to London again tomorrow with the boys to go to Natural History Museum!!!!!!!! roll on monday...back to school!!!(bank balance is feeling a bit poorly and I NEED to get back to CD:( !!)

You are doing fab with CD and your ticker is looking great! The day is going to be here before you know it but try and relax and try not to stress too much!
Vic and I are very laid back people anyway, we were lucky that we had mum doing flowers and cake and sil doing the hall and a friend doing evening buffet..this helped with the stress levels no end..............but we were honestly not stressed or nervous at all and I think that helped both of us enjoy the lead up to the wedding. So try and enjoy all the next few days.;)

anyway going to get off and get the house sorted!

have a good day babe..........relax and enjoy yourself!

hugs to you Lou X

Only 6 days left till I'm a married woman!!

Hi Noo Noo & Lenny

Hope everything is going well with you guys?

I had my final dress fitting yesterday & was pretty pleased with my weight loss :D
I'm still a little obsessed with my arms being a bit on the wobbly side, but I've had a couple of sunbed sessions which seems to help disuise the lumps & bumps a bit :D

I should be receiving my cake topper on Monday which I'm quite excited about (it's one of those little bride & grooms that are dressed in mini versions of your real wedding outfits) & with losing so much weight, I had to send my engagement & wedding rings away to be made smaller - (stressing that they wouldn't be back in time!) but thankfully the jeweller rang me yesterday to say they were being posted back to me so I should have them back today hopefully :D :D

I'm off to collect my bridesmaids gowns now... quite exciting!!

See you later!

Love Nic x

I've just typed a really long post & my stupid flippin laptop lost it's internet connection so I've lost it all!! AAARRGH!!!

Hi Nic,

I'm so pleased for you that the final dress fitting went well:D Don't worry about your arms, I'm sure no-one else will even be looking at them, they will be too busy looking at you in your stunning dress and saying how fabulous you look:D

Your cake toppers sound like fun (I had the same thing for my first wedding but we had nicknames of Badger & Stoat (don't ask) so we had the animals dressed in wedding gear) This time we have gone for a pair of sugar mice - the pink one has flowers on its head and the white one is wearing a top hat!! H2b loves sugar mice and we didn't have the budget for anything too much. So we settled on the bargain price of £3.00:p

My rings are also at the jewellers at the moment, and I'm glad that you have confirmation they are being sent to you -I'm surprised you're not a nervous wreck.

Not long now - I am getting really excited for you:D :D :D I wish mine was closer but the time is going so quickly. We have worked out that we don't actually have a spare weekend free before the wedding:eek: WTF!

Anyway hope you are well and enjoy these last few days as a single lady. :) :D ;)

Hope you get your laptop & internet connection sorted soon.

Hi Lenny

Hi Lenny

Im gutted that I lost the last post I typed as it had a lot of info in... & now I can't remember what i've told you & what I haven't :(

I do remember saying I'd managed to shift another 1lb taking my weight loss to 3 stone :D :D :D which was my target for the wedding & feels soooo much better than saying 12 stone 13lbs or "nearly 3 stone" (funny eh?)

My rings have arrived safe & well but up to present there's still no sign of our cake topper :sigh: & to make things worse... my darling H2b has suddenly had an attack of the nerves :confused: He's been chilled out all through the planning & pretty much left me to deal with ALL the stress (which lately has been A LOT!!) occasionally saying things like "don't worry Babe" & "everything will be OK" then not long ago... he turned up in my office looking as white as a sheet - saying he's come home from work cos he can't concentrate on anything :confused:

I mean WTF???!!! this is not what I need to be hearing from him 4 days before we're due to get married is it??!!

AARRGH!!! :mad:

Love Nic x

Oh bless you both:p Is his lack of concentration down to nerves or excitement or a bit of both???

I know this is the last thing that you need to hear but it is something you need to get sorted out between you. Probably all you need is to give him a cuddle and reassure him like he did for you but you def need to have a chat.

I keep thinking that my h2b will change his mind (I asked him to marry me :eek: ) and I have told him that it isn't too late if he wants to back out but he gives me a hug and says he wants to be my husband more than anything:D Soppy bugger that he is.

Congrats on reaching the three stone mark - I will get there too one day:p and I know exactly what you mean about reaching it. I was in M&S on Sat getting measured for a new bra (gone from a D cup to an A:eek: :eek: - h2b is not happy about this) and I told the lady I've lost nearly 3 stone but it will be fantastic when I can actually say I've lost 3 st he he he

You have done brilliantly to stick to the diet with all the stress you have had recently. In fact I did think about telling you to get a takeaway and treat h2b to a nice night in tonite - Sorry:eek: what was I thinking??? I don't want you to blow it now so ignore me:D

Hope you get everything sorted and clear the air between you. He will be fine, everyone is entitled to a little panic...not just us brides:D Lets face it, if he didn't want to marry you, he wouldn't have asked you in the first place (or said yes in my case)

Good luck

Hi Nic,

Hows it going?

Did you get everything sorted before the big day tomorrow??

Hope you are okay and just very busy with last minute wedding stuff (I'm a bit concerned about you since your last post:eek: )

Anyway - I'm sure you are fine and I'm just being a worry wart.

Good Luck for tomorrow and I wish you all the very best for your future.

Take care

Just popping by to wish you and H2B all the love and luck in the world!!
If you have a day as good as ours then I know it will be fantastic!
Cant wait to see all your piccies!!

Have a awesome day darling!! enjoy it and have fun, hope the sun shines today and for all your married life!

Love and hugs Lou XX

Happy Wedding Day Nic:D

Hope you both have a fantastic day - I can't wait to see the pics.

Ahhhh, I've just read your whole thread from start to finish - it's been such an inspiration to me.. I have about the same amount of time you did (I get married in 75 days) and am just coming to the end of my first week on the CD.. My dress, like yours didn't, doesn't even come near to doing up and I have a bit of a long road ahead of me.. But I really feel I can do it with this diet, it's just working!!

I hope you had a beautiful day and that it was really special for you, very much looking forward to seeing your wedding dress pic (if you post it after all!), the before and during ones were amazing!!

Thank you again, your thread has given me the confidence to believe that I ~CAN~ do this and I will be a beautiful bride in a dress which fits!

:)

Im a married woman!!

Hi Lenny & Noo Noo!

Sorry to worry you guys by not being around for a while... I just didn't have a spare second to myself with all the running around getting things ready.

My wedding day was perfect & I wouldn't have changed a thing (even all the stress leading up to it!!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hi Sunflower!

You CAN do this!! It's such a great feeling on your special day when you realise that the last time some of your guests saw you, you were over 3 stones heavier :D

I don't usually like being centre of attention but I loved all the compliments & would do it all over again this weekend if i got the chance!!

Love Nic x

Attachments

• Just married.jpg
    Just married.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Sean & Me during Jamies speech.jpg
    Sean & Me during Jamies speech.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 172
Welcome back Nic,

You look absolutely amazing in your wedding piccies - so happy and in love:D

I'm so pleased for you that everything went smoothly and that you had a fantastic day.

I wish you and your hubby all the very best for your future life together. Congratulations

Hi Lenny

Thanks for the kind words :D I'll post some more pics when I've got a bit more spare time on my hands (work is really crazy at the moment!)

Here are the ones from the dress fitting (the day before my hen weekend) - where I was really worried about gaining any weight (cos the shop assistant kindly pointed out that I couldn't afford to gain an ounce!!) :mad: (Cow!!!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope I haven't bored you with my pics yet...?

Love Nic x

Attachments

• me sitting in dress.jpg
    me sitting in dress.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 164
  • ME IN DRESS.jpg
    ME IN DRESS.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 346
Ahhhh Nic, beeeeaaaaaooooootiful!!!!!!! Bet your hubby was blown away by you, you looked gorgeous!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you for your kind words on my thread!

Hello everyone

I haven't been on here for ages & technically I should probably start a new thread somewhere else now that i'm a married woman?

The thing is... I've kinda slipped from CD since the wedding & I need the motivation to get back into the swing of things so here I am!!

I got down to 12 stone 7lbs for my big day but am now back up to 13 stone and don't wanna throw all my hard work away so I'm gonna update my thread to keep me interested.

We couldn't afford a honeymoon at the time, but we've managed to get one booked for 11th September so I guess that should help me get some determination back (I wanna lose 2 more stone minimum before being seen in public in swimwear!!) EEK!!
I'm quite worried about being able to get back into CD as i've read it's much harder if you take a break then restart?? but I did it once!! so with a positive attitude I plan to go the extra mile and get down to 11 stone which should make me a comfortable size 12 & the slimmest I'll have been for 10 years.....

Wish me luck!!

Nic x

Back