74 days left....Aaargh!

Thanks girls

I think I feel a bit better today... perhaps I was being a little irrational as it's almost that time of the month??

I also made a discovery - the pickled cabbage I've been having everyday is pickled in SWEET vinegar!!! Duh!!
So i'm thinking the sugar in that was probably knocking me out of ketosis & making me feel hungry!!
No more pickled cabbage for me.... and hey presto I should be back on track in no time at all!!

Love Nic x

Day 31

Hey everyone

Today's my last supper so to speak!!! :eat: well my last AAM anyway! hope I don't starve to death all day tomorrow with withdrawal symptoms??!! ha ha!

It's only 6wks on friday till I get married...:bliss: so I can't afford to start getting the munchies now can I??!!!

I wish there was some miracle way to lose another stone in the next 3 wks though... cos I'm still far from happy about going for my 2nd dress fitting!! :cry: and i'm rapidly running out of time EEK!!!

Love Nic x

Day 33 and determined as ever!

Hi everyone :)

Im back S/Sing as of last night & so far (touch wood!) i've felt alright - phew!

I weighed in this morning & i'm down to 13 stone 7lbs... but when I got my official weigh in from my CDC last night I was delighted to find out that my scales at home are actually telling me I'm 2lbs heavier than my CDC's :eek: (much more technologically advanced) set :D :D :D
So in theory I'm actually 13 stone 5lbs!! Yippee!!:bliss:

Just wish I'd started dieting earlier as I've only got max 3 weeks left to lose as much as possible before my final dress fitting EEK!!!

I'm sticking to packs 100% & glugging water like my life depends on it.... I've even started doing 20 - 30 mins on the treadmill every day in a frantic bid to help shift the pounds a bit faster!! :superwoman:

I want to be 12 & a half stone on my wedding day (6wks today!)

Wish me luck everyone (I'm gonna need it!)

Love Nic x

Day 36

Hello everyone

I had quite an achievement on saturday as I went for a night out with my friends (first time since january) & drank nothing but water all night!!! :eek:

I had a really good night & was sooo proud of myself for sticking to water while everyone else was getting drunk!

I weighed in this morning & i'm down to 13 stone 5lbs on my scales (which means i'd be 13 stone 3lbs on my CDC's set)

Wahooo!!! my weight felt as though it was sticking for a while but it looks like it's moving in the right direction again now :D
I wanna be into the "12 stone something" by my hen night on 31st March (unfortunately having to go out for a family meal next saturday 17th March where I'll have to be extra extra careful!) but I know it's achievable if I carry on like this... WHICH I WILL!!!

Bye for now
Nic x

Well done Nic:clap: - you should be proud of yourself for sticking to the water on Sat night :D

Sounds like you'll definitely make your target of 12 something by your hen night, 31st is still ages away & you're sooo close to the 12's already, I'm sure you'll achieve it!!

Day 38

Hi Guys

It's been a bit hectic at work lately so I haven't had much of a chance to post....

I'm still giving it 100% but it's quite hard at the moment as it's TOTM & I always crave chocolate really badly around this time :drool:
I'm trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off eating & I have my official weigh in tomorrow so I'll let you know how i get on.

See you tomorrow!

Love Nic x

Hi Nic,

How long until the big day now? Bout 5 weeks?:eek:
Have you got any piccies of you in your dress?

Hi Nic,

You getting into the 12 somethings before your hen night is so achievable - you will do it with ease. Look at how well you are doing:D

Good luck with the family function this weekend.

Take care

Day 39 - (36 days left till my wedding!!!)

Hi Pix :D

Yeah it's 5 weeks tomorrow exactly (OMG!!!!)
I picked my dress in July last year but ever since then
I've spent my time worrying about other things... (mainly to do with my bridesmaids - you know the sort of thing, style of their dresses/which colour/Tiara or not?/shoes & bags/keeping them both happy etc etc...) :blahblah:

But my most stressful decision BY FAR!! was ordering our flowers!!!!
Us girls are supposed to know about stuff like this instinctively aren't we???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Must've missed out on that particular gene when I was being conceived.... maybe that'll explain why I got "over-dosed" with "MUST BUY MORE SHOES" traits??? (more like compulsions actually!!) he he!!

What can I say? I'm just not a flowery type of girl - don't get me wrong - I think they look nice while they're still growing but once they've been picked they are slowly dying (Awww!)
So I eventually opted for artificial flowers... yeah I know what you're thinking!!! ARTIFICIAL??? = Tacky & old fashioned? YUK!!!

Those were my thoughts exactly before I did a bit of research & found a FANTASTIC website and ordered everything from there. I must admit... I was fairly anxious waiting for them to arrive, but they were here within 2 wks and I was literally overjoyed when I saw them!!:bliss:

Not sure if i'm allowed to say where I got them from (incase it's seen as advertising) but if anyone wants more info just send me a private message & I'll give you the link.

Pix - if you're still reading & haven't fallen asleep yet?!!
No pics of me in my dress yet sorry...
As I've mentioned at the beginning of this thread -
(I know it's getting a bit long & rambly now, so most of you won't have read it) - anyway to cut a long story short, I was recommended to order size 18 but decided to order a 16 to give me an incentive to lose weight.
I reckoned I'd probably need to lose around a stone which should've been easily achievable, but I'm obviously the worlds worst dieter & although I'd struggled to lose 1/2 a stone before my 1st fitting (10th FEB) - I ACTUALLY MEASURED BIGGER??!!! :eek: How does thet work???? (trying my dress on should've been amazing but was actually really horrible) There was NO WAY on earth the dress would even come close to zipping up at the back :cry: the shop assistant was rather abrupt - more or less saying I didn't have a hope in hell of losing enough weight in time for the wedding! & I was on the verge of tears :cry:

So needless to say... I've been avoiding the bridal shop like the plague & I'm trying to leave it as long as possible before stepping foot in there again!!!

I was 14 stone 7lbs when I tried it on & I'm 13 stone 3lbs now but wanna wait another 2wks if I can get away with it!

That way I'll be down to 12 stone something & will take GREAT satisfaction :D in seeing the shop assistants face :eek: when she realises she may even have to take the dress in slightly!!! (does that make me a little bit evil??) :p

Sorry for the longest post ever guys.... but I haven't had much of a chance to come on here lataly & had a lot of stuff to get off my chest!!!

Going for my official weigh in tonight so keep your fingers crossed for me & help me get revenge on "(skinny) horrid shop girl"

Love Nic x

Looking forward to the bit when you tell us what the sales assistants reaction was to you fitting in the dress and looking wonderful! How dare she??!! Really pleased for you and hope it continues to go well.

Hi Lenny

I was busy writing an essay when you posted so I've just read your message now!

Thanks for the encouragement.
I'll be glad when my family meal is over with on saturday but i'll be picking the healthiest thing on the menu and only eating a small amount whilst drinking as much water as possible!

Love Nic x

Hi Nic,

It sounds like you are a girl with a plan for Saturday's family meal:D

As for your flowers, artificial is such a fake word...like you I have ordered "Silk" flowers;) a) much cheaper than real (I'm on a budget here) and b) if anyone asks...my hayfever won't allow me to have real flowers. ha ha ha I also didn't really have a clue what I wanted so I kept looking until something jumped off the page at me. (mixed rose posy - an explosion of colour with greenery)

I really hope you manage to wipe the smugness from the skinny dress shop fitter's face:D

Good Luck

Day 40

Hi Lenny, Beverley & all you other guys out there!

I can't believe how hectic my life has been for this past 2wks!!! work is absolutely crazy at the minute & i haven't had ANY spare time to plan my wedding or post my progress on CD.
I suppose it's a good thing really... what with all the extra rushing around like a maniac - think of all those calories being burned up!!!
Problem is... i'm THAT busy i'm just not finding the time to drink my 4L of water each day :sigh: hope this doesn't result in my body retaining water? cos I realistically only have until the end of this month to lose as much as possible (then I'll lierally have to be dragged kicking & screaming back to the bridal shop for my dress fitting!!)
I'm like a woman possessed right now!! it's a wonder H2b hasn't done a runner!!! (or got me locked away in a mental facility!!)

Well, it's the dreaded family meal tomorrow night :eek: so I intend to spend as much time as possible excercising during the day, this could well constitute frantically rushing round every shop in a 10 mile radius searching for something appropriate to wear!!??
A lot of my (size 18) clothes are hanging off me & I don't wanna turn up looking like a sack of potatoes (I can even go to the loo without unbuttoning my trousers!! - sorry if that was too much info!!) but the thought of trying things on in a size 16 is still a bit daunting...
I find the choice is rather limited & I'd still have to go to Evans or somewhere specifically meant for "larger" ladies.
I was hoping to wait until I'd lost another stone or so, thinking I might be able to treat myself to a size 14 and feel really proud of myself.

I'm off to get some much needed beauty sleep now in preparation for my shop-a-thon tomorrow.

Nite nite xx

Day 41

Hi Guys

I survived the family get together!!

Was very worried when there wasn't anything remotely healthy on the menu :mad: & everything was served with either chips,boiled or jacket potatoes!!
Carbohydrate hell!!! thankfully I managed to persuade them to adapt one of the heatlhier sounding starters into a main course for me :D
It was supposed to be king prawns served with a small salad garnish & chilli dip but they just added loads more lettuce, cucumber, (tomato & peppers which i gave to H2b!) & cress. As it was a special occasion...I treated myself & had a couple of bits of red onion & sprinkled some vinegar & black pepper on top as a bit of dressing & really enjoyed it without feeling like I was denying myself :D I only drank water & had a really good night without straying too far from the straight & narrow!!

Everyone else tucked into delicious meals followed by sticky toffee pudding/choc fudge cake/cheese cake etc...
while I ate my salad as slowly as possible and ordered another bottle of water instead of a dessert. I feel quite proud of myself & much more in control of my eating than I've probably ever been (which is a good feeling!) :D

I'll try to be extra energetic all day tomorrow & drink as much water as I can & hopefully I shouldn't have done too much damage?

Nite all

Nic x

Day 43 -AARRGH!!! Help me!!!!

I am totally gutted today :cry:

On saturday morning I weighed 13 stone 1lb :bliss:

I went for the family meal that night & was really really good ordering a prawn salad/no starter/no sweet/only drank water -
(OK I had some of the yummy coleslaw which came with my salad :eek: & dipped a few of my prawns into the pot of chilli sauce - which I asked to be served seperately) :)

But on the whole I was pretty impressed with myself for not having a total blow-out! :) whilst the other 13 people at our table indulged in sticky toffee pudding etc etc...

Then yesterday (whilst my body still contained evil carbs) I was in Marks & Sparks (where we're getting our wedding cake from) & noticed you could buy single servings - sorta like a little taster of the real thing.
Anyway I bought 2 (tiny) bits thinking that me & H2b would be able to try it before we actually ordered the real thing...

Needless to say... It was lovely but definitely a banned substance & god only knows how many calories were in it??!!

Well - I weighed myself again this morning & was HORRIFIED to see I'm back up to 13 stone 5lbs!!! ????? :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:
This takes me back to the same weight I was last monday & I feel as though I've lost a whole week :cry:

I could understand it if I'd stuffed my face with kebab & chips & got drunk all weekend... but to put 4lbs on for the sake of hardly anything?? It just doesn't seem fair?!! :confused:

There's only 2 wks left now till my hen weekend - & (when I realised I'd got down to 13.1lb) I finally plucked up the courage to book my 2nd dress fitting for friday the 30th (only 11 days away boo hoo!!) :cry:

I wanted to be 12 stone 7ish by then but it looks like I can kiss that goodbye now?

AND - if this much damage was caused by this MINOR indiscretion.... How much weight am I gonna put on @ Blackpool??? AAARRGH!!!

I actually feel like cancelling my hen weekend!!

I'm trying my dress on the day before we go... and judging by this weekends disasterous results... I could potentially put a STONE back on!!!! my dress will be far too small/the date of my wedding will be looming in less than 3wks & I will be - at the very least a gibbering wreck when I should be relaxed and looking forward to the best day of my life!!!

Please someone tell me everything will be OK????

Love Nic x

NIC!!!

Calm down. Think about it. You were so good on saturday. A nibble of your impending wedding cake, will not have caused a big gain. Not 'allowed' but not a disaster either.

Stop getting on those darn scales :banghead: Or do I have to....:whoopass: :eek: :D

Keep drinking your water and stick with the plan. You HAVE NOT done any major damage. your dress fitting will be wonderful.

Can I say it again..... GET OFF THE SCALES!!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to be just fine at the dress fitting and the Hen weekend will be FAB!!!

The 4 lb might be your glycogen, might be water retention might be TOTM............it could be a number of things and will be gone as quick as it arrived! It does not mean cos the scales show 4lb gain you have suddenly put on 4lb of fat!!
Leave the scales alone, weigh only on wi day and then you wouldnt have these panic attacks and doubts about yourself and your dress fitting!

YOU WILL BE FINE!!!

Now go and have a lovely smooth glass of.........erm .....water???:p

Chill out and stop fretting!

Lou XX

PS.............LEAVE THE SCALES ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

they will explode if you even think about stepping on them in the next 4 days!!!lol

Day 44

Hi Guys

I know you told me to stay away from the scales... but I can't (it's like an addiction or something?!!)

Anyway - it's good news cos I'm back down to 13.2lbs :) PHEW!!!!

I'm planning on doing at least 20 mins on the treadmill every night from now till my hen night (I'm SOOO lazy but keep telling myself... it's only 11 days for goodness sake!!)

I have an added incentive, which should force me into sticking to it cos we're getting dressed up as Police women (cheesy I know - but it'll be fun!)
Most of my friends are skinny mini's & although there's at least 2 girls that are bigger than me... I don't wanna look ridiculous the first time my legs are unleashed on the public!!
My legs aren't too bad really (apart from the tops of my thighs which NO ONE will be seeing!)
I guess you'd say I'm a typical "apple" shape so most of my excess baggage is round my middle, but I'm pretty confident (with the help of some "magic tights/knickers") I'll be able to conceal a fair bit of it :D - well at least smooth out the lumps & bumps!!

I'll post a pic of me in my costume & one taken before I started CD - so you can let me know if you can see much of a difference!
(if I can work out how to do it?!!)

Love Nic x

Back