74 days left....Aaargh!

Day 45

Hi Gang!

Guess what?? I think i've taken the 1st step towards beating my addiction to the scales!!!! :eek: :D :D

I've actually completed a whole day without weighing myself.... and nothing horrible has happened to me!! - no withdrawal symptoms or anything!!! :patback:

Mind you... it's my official WI tomorrow with my CDC so that's helped me (just knowing there's only 1 more day till I can get my fix!! - told you it was an addiction ha ha!!!)

Hope you are all doing great & I'll give you an update after my WI tomorrow evening, I've been giving it 100% so it should be good news!

Nite nite everyone :nightf:

Love Nic x

Day 46 (29 days till my wedding!)

Hey everyone :wavey:

Had my official weigh in this evening & I'm VERY pleased to report I was 12 stone 13lbs :D :D :D :clap:

I know it's only 1lb less than 13 stone.... but it feels REALLY great being in the 12 stone something range!! :D

I'm sooo happy cos I wanted to be 12 stone something before I was brave enough to wear a skirt (1st time in years!)
We're all wearing them next saturday when me & the girls are going to Blackpool dressed as Police women for my hen weekend. Should be a good giggle :giggle: if nothing else eh?

I've FINALLY plucked up enough courage to go for my 2nd dress fitting next friday & can't wait to see the look on "evil shop girl's" face when she sees how much weight I've lost since the last time I went in...
:rotflmao:
Mwah ha ha!! - (evil scary laugh)

Well it's off to bed for me now...
(Need my beauty sleep and all that!!):nightf:

Nite nite everyone! Love Nic x

Hi Nic,

Congratulations on getting into the 12's:D

You sound as if you have a busy week next week (dress fitting & hen weekend) - Good luck for the first and have lots of fun at the second. Can we see the pics???

Take care and have a good diet week

Day 47

Hi Lenny

Thanks for the support :D

Yeah... I'll post pics of the hen nite & dress fitting in about a week or so... or as soon as I work out how to do it!!! DUH!! (not very good at this kind of thing!)

Hope everything is going well with you?

Love Nic x

Day 49 - 26 days to go!!

Hey everyone

I've managed to stay away from the scales since friday, so I must be making progress with my obsession eh? ;)

Been shopping today and FINALLY managed to buy a lovely white bag with Diamonte buckle for my wedding day. :D
I have searched high & low for months trying to find something suitable to keep my lippie & things safe in!!

There's loadsa lovely special occasion bags out there - available in just about every colour under the sun... except white!! - seems a bit weird to me?? :crazy: when you think of weddings - it's usually a "white wedding" so where are all the white bags??!! :confused: :confused:

Not to worry, I've got one (with just over 3 weeks to spare) so maybe I can relax a bit now? :thinking2:

ER NO I CAN'T!!! (went on the sunbed today & guess I musta overdid things a bit going on for 9 mins?
- cos I now have a HUGE red rash all over my neck and chest!!!) :eek: :eek: :eek: - just happens to be the bits which are visible above my dress EEK!
:banghead:
Hopefully It'll just be prickly heat & calm down quickly cos at the moment I have HUGE red raised & angry :mad: looking lumps that make me look like I've just been stung by 300 wasps!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :cry:

I'm off for a soak in a cool(ish) bath now, then plan to smother myself in cocoa butter to see if that helps? :sigh:

Bye for now...

Love Nic x

Day 50 - (only 25 days till my wedding!!)

Hi Guys!

Good news... the rash seems to have gone down considerably (thankyou lord) :D

I can't get over how quickly the days seem to be flying past me at the moment!! I never seem to have a second spare to relax & just hope I don't end up turning into a nervous wreck!!

I'm frantically trying to keep as active as humanly possible (without keeling over with a heart attack!) as I only have another 3 days to prepare myself for my 2nd dress fitting.
I've lost almost 2 stone since I last tried it on :D , so it should look great - but I'm still really nervous about what it's gonna look like cos there's only another 3 weeks to make it fit me perfectly :eek: :eek:

Everyone cross your fingers that I'll be able to get into it & I'll try to post a pic for you to see!!

Love Nic x

Day 50 - (only 24 left till i'm a married woman!)

Hi everyone,:wavey:

This staying away from the scales malarkey isn't all it's cracked up to be you know!! :raincloud:

I'm coming on here a lot less often as I hardly have anything to say & no body is bothering to reply to me now either :cry:

Wish it was thursday so I could go for my official WI with my CDC & (hopefully) report another good loss!!

I'm making a special effort this week, to up my water intake so with a bit of luck this should help melt a few extra pounds before I try my dress again on friday afternoon?

I hope it fits OK (or even better - it's too big!) cos it was really de-moralising when it didn't fit me last time :cry:

God I sound like a right moaner today don't I?? think I need to give myself a shake!!

Nic x

Hi everyone,:wavey:

This staying away from the scales malarkey isn't all it's cracked up to be you know!! :raincloud:

I'm coming on here a lot less often as I hardly have anything to say & no body is bothering to reply to me now either :cry:

Wish it was thursday so I could go for my official WI with my CDC & (hopefully) report another good loss!!

I'm making a special effort this week, to up my water intake so with a bit of luck this should help melt a few extra pounds before I try my dress again on friday afternoon?

I hope it fits OK (or even better - it's too big!) cos it was really de-moralising when it didn't fit me last time :cry:

God I sound like a right moaner today don't I?? think I need to give myself a shake!!

Nic x

Hi Nicola, this is the first time I have been in your thread and just read it from the beginning. Well done on getting into the 12 stone mark, must be a great feeling.
Im sure your dress fitting will surprise you, it may fit like a glove or even need taking in. Cant wait to see a pic of it.

Everyone has the right to have a good old moan, what we are doing takes a lot of will power and determination.

Take care.

Day 52 - 22 days left

Hey everyone

I've been having a serious chocolate craving ALL DAY today as I usually have a bar for lunch but I've run out :cry:

I weighed myself this morning and was 12 stone 11lbs which is a very disappointing 2lb loss.

Worst thing is... I have to drive 30 odd miles to see my CDC straight after work (5.30pm) on thursdays & I really can't be bothered making the 1 hour journey there, to get weighed & be told I haven't lost much only to set off back home & make the 1 hour journey again (but in the dark) :sigh:

I feel really hungry (& miserable) at the moment as I've skipped lunch due to running out of bars & not being near a blender!

Dunno if I'm gonna have the energy to go for my WI after work? but i'm afraid that if I don't go I'll be on the slippery slope towards giving up (plus I'll have to wait longer for my bars to be posted out to me instead of picking them up today) - so i'll be more likely to eat something I shouldn't.

Nic x

Hiya honey,

well I hope you found the energy to go for your wi, it really is important to stick to the plan at the moment, you havent got long till the wedding hon and every day counts(as I know onlytoo well!!)

I was/am lucky as my cdc is only 10 mins away!

Try and ignore the choc craving, just think this time in a month you are going to be a married woman...and I can tell you now that feels fab!!!(and after being together 13yrs I didnt think it would make a huge difference ..but it has!!:p )

you ought to make sure you always have a tetra around as they are great when you havent got a bar and are not near a blender, I always grab one in the morning so I always have something for brekkie when I have taken the boys to school.

I have taken a week off cd this week but I am going to get back to it on monday after a weekend at my mums.(have gained 5lb since fri wi!!:eek: )

Give us a shout when you get back from wi babe, and let us know how you got on.

Keep at it babe, not long to go now and you will be so glad of the effort you have put i on your wedding day when you are getting compliments left right and centre!!;)

hugs and kisses, chin up and keep smiling babe
lou xx

Hi Nic,

Where are you??? Did you go for your WI???

I really hope you did cos you are doing so well and it would be such a shame to lose hope now - you have 3 weeks until your wedding right?

2lbs is still a loss of 2lbs even if it is disappointing (I did the same this week so I was feeling the same on Tues) I think we are just impatient:D

I hope you picked up your bars etc and have realised that if you were on SW or WW, 2lbs off would be wonderful thing.

Start tomorrow as a new day, you will look and feel fabulous at your dress fitting. The look on the salesgirls face will be worth all the hassle:D I want to see pics of the dress too?

Then forget everything and enjoy the hen weekend.;) SS again on Monday???

You are entitled to have a moan - this is your diary afterall, and if you read mine, I have also been moaning this week (must be something in the brides to be water:) )

Take care and I hope you feel better tomorrow - sorry for the long reply

Day 57 - only 17 left now!!

Hiya Noo Noo & Lenny

Thanks for the support It means a lot.
I didn't go for my WI as I was feeling really down & drained from only having my banana Tetra for breakfast... 137 calories IS NOT enough to keep me going through a full days work & 2 hours driving in the dark (hate driving in the dark).
But... luckily for me, my lovely H2b works in Carlisle not too far away from where my group meeting is held, so I rang my CDC & explained how rubbish I was feeling & she suggested I just get H2b to make a slight detour on his way home & she could let him collect my supplies for me :D I rang him, and cos he's such a sweetie he said no problem & saved me a load of hassle by bringing my goodies home with him!!

I ate a peanut crunch bar as soon as he walked through the door & it was miraculous how much better I felt immediately!! I can honestly say when I was writing my last post... I was so depressed I felt on the verge of throwing everything away, then as soon as I'd eaten the bar I should have eaten around 7 hrs earlier...my whole mood lifted & I felt as good as new - & more importantly...back in control :D

So... lesson learn't here - don't allow my stocks to get so low again & make sure I follow my regular routine to avoid horrendous mood swings!!

P.S - I'm just back from my hen weekend but I'll have to log on later tonight to give you all the details cos i'm at work now and need to get cracking!!

Love Nic x

Dress fitting

Hi Debs

Dress fitting on Friday was actually a bit of a disappointment :sigh:
I'd lost almost 2 stone since last time I tried it & was expecting it to be a bit on the big side to be honest...

I got into it (eventually) after much heaving & holding my breath!! but the shop lady was quick to point out that I couldn't afford to gain even an ounce!! (& that I needed to lose some "back fat"!!!)

Fair enough - I thought... still nearly 3 weeks till the big day, I can probably manage to shed another half a stone by then?? BUT - (This is where the spanner gets well & truly thrown into the works!!!)

As you well know... Saturday was my hen weekend to Blackpool, where there was most definitely gonna be carbohydrates galore whichever way I looked :eek: :eek: so I said let's just schedule another fitting for this time next week (to give me a chance to gain & then lose however much I was inevitably going to put on) - but next friday is a bank holiday & the shop is shut!! :eek: :eek: I pleaded with her to give me as much time as possible but she was having none of it & said with my wedding being so close, my dress should have been finished by now & they hadn't even started on it! :mad: I ended up being forced into agreeing to go back today at 4.45pm AAARRRGH!!!!

I had a great time over the weekend but drank WAAAY too much alcohol which means my dress isn't gonna fit me AGAIN!!! :cry:
- somehow I only gained 1lb... so things could be much worse, but it is still pretty upsetting knowing I'm not gonna be able to zip my dress up properly while the seamstress faffs about with the hemline & lectures me about how she's gonna have to let the dress out or something!! :cry:

She'll do that over my dead body!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know my dress will be fine by the time i walk down the aisle :p - but she wasn't very convinced that this "miracle diet" does actually work & was quite negative :confused: (as most people who don't know the facts about CD tend to be)

So it's almost time for me to leave work & I'm dreading the ordeal that lies ahead, :sigh: my final fitting is this saturday (4 days away!) so what should actually be an enjoyable time for an excited bride to be, is turning into a nightmare for this one! :eek:

I'll be back later tonight to let you know how I get on.

Nic x

Oh nic... it will be fine. don't let them bully you. Just smile sweetly and say how excited you are!! (And oh - did she realise you were TWO STONE Lighter :D)

You know where I am.... I'll try and call you when the boys give me peace!

Last edited:
Hi Nic,

Hope the fitting went ok in the end last night? Know it's hard but try to ignore the nasty seamstress, you've come so far, and you've still got plenty of time before the wedding to shed more! Stay focused and don't let one woman ruin the experience for you - it's your dress & it's fantastic and you will look stunning!!

Hope the hen night went well by the way, looking forward to seeing the pics! :D

Ois x

Day 58 - only 16 left EEK!

Hi Ladies

The dress fitting I was sooo stressed about turned out to be a total shock :eek: - Even though I'd put a pound on during my hen weekend (not bad eh?!) - my dress zipped up without a problem & the seamstress thinks she may even have to take the top of the bodice in a bit now!!! :D

I have to go back next friday so she can decide whether she'll need to put a couple of darts in each side (under my arms)

Haven't got time to fill you in on all the details yet - work is mental at the moment!!!

I'll log on later tonight (if I get a chance!!)

Bye for now...

Nic x

WELL DONE YOU!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

I am so pleased for you honey!!what a lovely suprise considering you werew dreading it!!

I know I havent been around much since the wedding, but it has been manic and now its easter hols!!

I am so pleased for you babe, it makes the world of difference to feel confident and beautiful.
I can honestly say I would normally cringe at the thought of being centre of attention and for everybody telling me how beautiful I look, but lap it up on your day babe as it really is 'your' day and just wallow in the glory for the whole day....I did!!!:D

We have been gradually getting pics in and some I hate as I look really fat in the face(at least I think I do!!) but there are others I love, not particually because they are good of me or vic but because the show off the whole feeling of the day, happy, relaxed and enjoyable......and thats exactly what our day was!!

What I am trying to say is, if you feel happy and confident then your day is going to be as wonderful as you are imagining it to be!! You will look wonderful, your dress will be great and you will be a beautiful bride!!

Have a great weekend babe, chat soon
Hugs Lou XX

Day 62 (I think!) - only 12 days left!!

Hi ladies

I've finally found a bit of time to myself so i can update my thread :sigh:

Things are pretty hectic in my life at the minute and it seems as though the days are getting shorter & the list of things I need to do, keeps getting longer!!!
(Noo Noo... you'll probably know where I'm coming from here? seeing as you are so recently a married woman?)

Had a fantastic time on my hen weekend (only gained 1lb) :D which was a pleasant suprise after the amount of alcohol I consumed!! :eek: - I was VERY merry to say the least he he!!

I've got some hen night pics & have finally managed to get a pic of me in my dress, but I haven't got a clue how to post them?? :confused: can anyone out there help me?? :help2:

(BE WARNED....I'm clueless when it comes to anything remotely technical!! so you've got your work cut out!! - I'll need idiot proof step by step instructions & I'll probably still mess it up!! :doh: )

I'd love to know how to post pics... as I got H2b to take a really HORRIBLE "before CD" photo in January & a "success so far" one taken around 2 weeks ago (which I'm very proud of!!)
So I'd like to be able to let you all see them :D :D :D

I'll have a play around at work tomorrow :( cos the pics are saved on my work PC (so H2b doesn't see them!)

Im off to bed now cos unfortunately I have to be up for work at 7am :cry:

Nite nite everyone... hopefully I'll manage to post my pics sometime tomorrow (fingers crossed!)

Love Nic x

Oops! forgot to update my ticker!!

Just updated my ticker for the first time in ages... and I'm extremely pleased to report it's changed from 36lbs lost to 41lbs!! :D :D

Love Nic xx

Back