790 - Quorn & Tofu?

Chardonnay

In the CD booklet it says Quorn pieces...do they mean Quorn chicken frozen pieces? What Quorn are we allowed with 790? There are all sorts of bits that they have in Waitrose, sausages with Branston and sausages with apple, mince, chicken pieces, burger patties and god knows what else... it is all very confusing...

Also, we are allowed to have tofu aren't we? How much are we allowed?

Sorry for all the questions... I don't very often vary from my tuna salad!!

:help2:x:sign0163:x:sign0009:xxx

You can have the plain chicken fillets, chicken pieces or beef pieces/mince - fresh or frozen. 10oz of whatever you choose.

You can also have the bangers and sausages and plain burgers too! Only the frozen ones, though, not the fresh since they are different, believe it or not! Six sausages per day allowed.

I also have the Tesco own brand veggie Spinach & Ricotta sausages which are to die for!

Don't know anything about Tofu!

Last edited:
Thank you!!!

Are we allowed the bangers with Branston? Know we are allowed some pickles... So are the sausages and the bangers are different?

What do we have to look out for that is a "No No"?

I did see the frozen burgers... may have to get them!

I made a mix of chopped mushrooms, courgetts and the quorn chicken pieces which was quite nice... a nice warm alternative to salad!

Thanks for your help!!!

Char xx

Thank you!!!

Are we allowed the bangers with Branston? Know we are allowed some pickles... So are the sausages and the bangers are different?

What do we have to look out for that is a "No No"?

I did see the frozen burgers... may have to get them!

I made a mix of chopped mushrooms, courgetts and the quorn chicken pieces which was quite nice... a nice warm alternative to salad!

Thanks for your help!!!

Char xx

I did the beef pieces, the courgettes and mushrooms!

For future use if you look at the fat/cals/carbs in the plain Quorn and compare them with the other Quorn products you can see at a glance what you can and can't have!

I wanted the Quorn bacon but it is THREE times higher in fat than the plain Quorn!

Other than that, no coatings/dressings.

I make a sauce using fat-free yoghurt and adding spices/herbs/mustard for flavouring. That's nice if you like yoghurt.
Some folks add curry powder to make a curry too !

Thank you so much SoonToBeGorgeous!!!

I did not know that we are allowed yogurt... take it just the plain one?

I was looking at the back on the packs and could not tell the difference to what was in them... So just keep an eye on the fat content? There seems to be different sort of ingredients... will just have to keep a look at my ketosis!

Thanks again!!!

x:flowers:x:flowers:x

The yoghurt is a replacement for the half pint of skimmed milk.

We are allowed 150g of fat-free yoghurt.

It does say in the Weight Care book that we can have fruit yoghurt too!!

With the Quorn just look at the comparisons for the 100g weight of each product, that's all. Just to make sure it is okay for cals/fat/carbs!!

You could also have a look at Untitled Page as it has all the values of all the Quorn products!

Thank you SoonToBeGorgeous. I have more info from you than from my CDC. She said no mushrooms or yoghurt when I asked her.
Had my first day on the 790 yesterday. Have to admit that I felt very bloated after my meal which worried me a little. Will see what sort of results I get on tuesday. With going up & down, on diet, off diet I've only lost a pound since August but have spent a lot more on the packs!!!!!
Hoping that the 790 will save me. Fingers crossed

six sausages a day!! can u have more than one meal or does it all have to be at the one time?

I can't eat any of the Quorn all in one meal!! There is just too much of it!

I split it and have it twice!

I had the Spinach & Ricotta Sausages on Tuesday, hot at lunchtime with baby courgettes, mushrooms and asparagus.
Then at teatime I had the other three sausages cold. They were yummy hot OR cold!!

Thank you SoonToBeGorgeous. I have more info from you than from my CDC. She said no mushrooms or yoghurt when I asked her.
Had my first day on the 790 yesterday. Have to admit that I felt very bloated after my meal which worried me a little. Will see what sort of results I get on tuesday. With going up & down, on diet, off diet I've only lost a pound since August but have spent a lot more on the packs!!!!!
Hoping that the 790 will save me. Fingers crossed

I lost 14lbs in four weeks of 790, followed by another four pounds this last week = 18lbs in five weeks!!

Hope all goes well for you x

Back