790 verses aam

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lighterme, 12 September 2007 Social URL.

1. lighterme

lighterme Full Member

Could someone tell me what exactly 790 is. I have been struggling with ss for a few weeks & the weight loss has really slowed down.
    I have done an aam week but was wondering if I might fine 790 any easier. I'm only just over a stone to goal?
    Maybe I should as CDC if I can try the 790.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    The 790 plan is brilliant and many people have fantastic results on it. Any diet that is under 800 cals per day is classed as a VLCD (which is why they've come up with the specific number of 790). You'd still be on a VLCD so experience good losses - but with food!

The portions are bigger than on AAM - when I did 790 once, I was quite shocked by how much I could have. You sound fed up with SSing and could lose that last stone in just over a month on 790 so have a chat with your CDC and see what she says.

4. lighterme

lighterme Full Member

Thank you for replying. I shall ask her about it next week. Until then I shall keep giving SS ago & getting p***** off when I end up picking. Thank god I've used all my pee sticks. That would really get me down to see it a different colour to the pink its supposed to be

5. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    were you not given a yellow book when you started CD. All the steps are explained in detail in the book. If you are unable to manage on SS then 790 is a fantastic way to still lose weight (average loss 12lb a month).

Definitely discuss it with your CDC.

6. lighterme

lighterme Full Member

NO I only got the pink & blue one. I might ring to see if I can get hold of her tomorrow. She what she thinks. Hope she does let me. Don't want to waste what I've done but seem pointless trying to stick to SS as at the moment its money down the drain.

7. Lilly

Lilly Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi there! Its on the cambridge web site. I'm also struggling its so hard isn't it. I'm thinking about doing it next week as its gonna fit better with my family, i feel like a lepper?(don't know how to spell that!) keep cooking for them and then leaving them to eat! My cdc said average is 12 a month as opposed to a stone...that's only a couple of pound difference and you get to keep your sanity! You won't save money tho its still 3 C-meals + 1 protein and small veg!! Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.