8.5 stone to go - bit daunting but possible!!

Good luck today - fresh start x

Thanks jojojojo, so far so good lol x

While I have some me time with two little monkeys tucked up in bed I'm going to do my food diary (this never happens must be the calm before the storm ha!)

Breakfast:
Semi skimmed milk (hea)
2 x weetabix (heb)
Blueberries

Lunch:
Veg and bean soup

Tea:
Veg and bean soup
Veg pack (sweetcorn, brocolli, carrot)

Snacks:
2 x clementine
2 lean ham slices
Apple

Drinks:
4-5 pints of water

Exercise:
1 hour walking in the house (don't fancy being by myself at night lol)

I had a lengthy chat with my consultant about this week and we decided that it would be fine to do a week with no syns and plenty of soup (I have two flavours made and another I will make on Sunday!)-of course if at any time it feels too restrictive or I feel I'm going to fall then I will add in some carbs and maybe a small treat but it's only for one week and I know I can do it if I focus! As I'm a planner I'll pop my food diary on once a day-making any edits if necessary-hoping not to need to!

Hope everyone has a good week x

good luck with the no syns ....don't think 'i' could ! :)

Have you tried the leslie sansone ''walk away the pounds'' dvd/exercises?....there are some on youtube, quite good they are and harder than you think :)

Haha zafira I'm not yet sure I'm going to make the week :) but yesterday was a positive day, feel motivated and back to a place I haven't been for weeks so feeling much better!

No I've never heard of it but I'm going to give it a Google, we don't have broadband but my phone should be good enough to get the idea, thank you! You have also given me a great idea for next week, I may not have my bike but I do have fitness DVDs which I can get up early to do, didn't even think of doing that!

Food diary will be exactly the same as yesterday except with 1 slice of ham instead of 2, this week was always going to be boring but I hope to get at least 6lb off next week (hopefully more). Going to do an hour walking as well, with my headphones on the time went quick even if I did feel crazy stomping up and down the corridor :)

The hardest day is done so now got to keep going x

I also am trying to do my steps at home with two little ones seems the only way x

It definitely does jojojojo, I really miss having a gym membership but I'd never get ther-plus it's not in the old budget-it's crazy how expensive kids are lol!

Thanks lisa84 I'm glad too I started to panic for a while :)

Thanks for the walking recommendation zafira, had a good look and it looks fab-will be giving that a go next week in the evenings :)

Few amendments to the food diary, didn't have blueberries as they weren't looking the best ha and instead of an apple I had paprika pork pieces.

Day two almost done-just got to fit in the dishes (yawn!) and the walking. My consultant confirmed I have my bronze body magic to collect next week so something positive came out of it :) x

Last edited:
Food diary for today:

Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (heb)
Semi skimmed milk (hea)
Blueberries

Lunch:
Veg and bean soup

Tea:
Veg and bean soup

Snack:
2 x Clementine
Plum
Apple

Drink:
5 pints of water

Exercise:
60 min walk

Just got back from a party filled with the most amazing buffet food but avoided it all in favour of the soup I had with me, pleased with that-here's to another good day :) x

Another boring food day (3 days to go, 3 days to go...if I keep repeating that I will get through it lol over halfway :))
Only different thing today is snacks-apple, 2 x Clementines and either roast chicken pieces or 2 x lean ham slices (depending what the boys decide to have for their tea!)

It's been a busy weekend-football, parties, shopping and potty training (eeekk I've wanted it for ages but after a couple failed attempts we've left him be and he decided he wanted to do it-so much less stressful-3 days in and he's almost got it!)

My mood has changed so much even though it's been a boring food week, my soup is packed full of good food and it really is paying off, there was definitely a connection with my ever falling mood and mind with the food I was eating-even the OH has commented how much better and happier I am-what a difference a week makes! x

Really pleased your mood has changed, you have done amazingly with this food plan x

good luck with the no syns ....don't think 'i' could ! :) Have you tried the leslie sansone ''walk away the pounds'' dvd/exercises?....there are some on youtube, quite good they are and harder than you think :)
I looked this up and did this yesterday - made my stepping much more interesting and made me speed up a bit - really good :)

I'm looking forward to trying that next week, got to be more interesting than walking up and down the hallway-i'm sure the neighbours opposite actually think I'm insane lol

Well today's food diary is mostly the same but for lunch I am having broccoli and cauliflower soup-yum ha (just got two left in the freezer which will cover tomorrow then I am never making it again :))

I tried on my next size down jeans and yes they may be a lil tight but they did up and I probably wouldn't attempt to sit down-yet, but I could walk around in them which has given me a huge boost! In a couple weeks I should be able to get into them then it will be time to have a clothes clear out! I am super nervous, decent clothes will go to the charity shop but anything else will be binned-ive never got rid of my 'big' clothes before so it would be official that there's no going back (without an impact on the wallet of course!) and I think that terrifies me but I'm super excited as I'll be starting a new chapter-one of which I hope will include another clothes clear out in a few months time. I am only keeping one pair of trousers at my biggest-a reminder of where I've come from and where I hope never to return!

Looking forward to Wednesday-going to be realistic and aim for 8lb-would be great to get more but not going to be disappointed if not!

Tomorrow's food diary will be the same except I'll be having broccoli and cauliflower soup for lunch and tea-cant wait!

Wednesday will be a bit more interesting:
Breakfast:
Med wholemeal roll (heb)
2 x bacon medallions
Tomato
Cucumber

Lunch
Fruit salad-apple, orange, blueberries, kiwi fruit

Tea:
Jacket potato
Beans
Cheese (hea)

I'm only going to be popping on briefly here and there over the next couple days so next update I'll do will be the dreaded wi-fingers crossed :) x

Well ok I lied here's a pre wi nerve post lol

Two little monkeys sleeping (unfortunately one on me else I may have been tempted with a snooze ha) so trying to stay awake :)

I've done everything I can this week, I just hope it's enough on the scales-i haven't had a cheeky weigh in case I haven't quite done it and I let that have an affect. I don't think I'm in that kind of place right now but you never know!

I was hoping to have a little treat tonight all being well but I have an off plan meal/drinks planned on Fri which I totally forgot about and could well do without-but I'm going to try and have 'free' days every other day tho I'm not having another week without carbs lol

Heading in to tonight cautiously optimistic without a soup in sight ha x

That is amazing, well deserved after your week well done xx

Back